OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m specifically referring to how it will end. It will not differ from GRRM’s ending. Of course it had to go in a different direction for the last two seasons, the last book was when Jon got shanked.

Well yes and no:

While GRRM did give them the book ending and they outlined the show from there, he’s admitted that the public reaction to plot lines in the show have predictably influenced his writing and made him reassess what he had planned for certain characters. He also feels differently about certain things from the first 5 books now than he did in 2010 when they were working on Season 1 of the show. (For example he wishes he’d scaled back the whole resurrection thing and never done Lady Stoneheart, even though he obviously felt it necessary at the time to foreshadow Jon’s maybe resurrection.)

There may be characters he planned to have involved in the ending that he’s since decided are no longer important and vice versa. The show has Cersei positioned as the REAL big bad. I doubt that’s what GRRM had in mind for the books following A Storm of Swords.

That doesn't give me a good feeling about the books. I didn't know that about lady stoneheart.

What do you mean?

Book readers thought she was gonna come out the water when the hound was taking a piss when he first met up with Beric and em lol.

It wouldn’t shock me if they went a bit off script for the show. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they decided to give people a bubblegum ending with Dany and Jon ending up victorious.

The show stuck to the brutality of the story when it was basically recreating the books with some small differences. Since they’ve surpassed the books, I’ve noticed a huge difference in their willingness to deliver some fan service...a lot more than the books at least.

I’m hopeful we get a brutal ending. I don’t want things to end neatly, because that’s never what the books were...but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they did something a bit more happy with the ending than whatever GRRM had planned.

Considering Winds and Spring is never coming out, we may never know.

Last edited:
Well yes and no:

While GRRM did give them the book ending and they outlined the show from there, he’s admitted that the public reaction to plot lines in the show have predictably influenced his writing and made him reassess what he had planned for certain characters. He also feels differently about certain things from the first 5 books now than he did in 2010 when they were working on Season 1 of the show. (For example he wishes he’d scaled back the whole resurrection thing and never done Lady Stoneheart, even though he obviously felt it necessary at the time to foreshadow Jon’s maybe resurrection.)

There may be characters he planned to have involved in the ending that he’s since decided are no longer important and vice versa. The show has Cersei positioned as the REAL big bad. I doubt that’s what GRRM had in mind for the books following A Storm of Swords.

This show will still have the same exact ending that GRRM told the show writers it would have. It was inevitable that the show writers were going to have their take on certain plot lines and characters, however different roads lead to the same exact destination.

I think they're going to make up for the A-Team episode last season. Every one expected a lot of casualties in that episode and only Thoros, Viserion and a bunch of Redshirts died. I expect a lot of fan favorites are biting the dust. A couple of noble sacrifices.

This show will still have the same exact ending that GRRM told the show writers it would have. It was inevitable that the show writers were going to have their take on certain plot lines and characters, however different roads lead to the same exact destination.
What if GRRM felt a certain type of way at the time and had this idea for an ending then, but by the time he writes then he feels inspired to do something different? Hell, visually seeing his idea may even inspire him to do something different.

He’s spent how many years writing the next book? I’m sure he goes back and forth on ideas a lot

No I was referring to GRRM regretting the character.

Well actually I just saw on reddit that that was apparently a hoax and GRRM never said that about Stoneheart :lol:

So never mind.

I did see him say that ultimately there’s no way for him to not have show watchers responses influence him, though. Can’t remember if that was in a blog post or interview.

I get what youre saying, but i dont want someone like Hot Pie taking the throne for the shock factor no one expected :lol: over exaggeration i know, but you know what i mean? I just want a true and proper ending no matter what happens or who takes it in the end. GRRM surely has say on how this story ends in the show, i get that theyd go theyre own route with some storylines throughout the tv series but itd be odd if it was a completely different ending than the books, right? Idk, either way i cant wait

Yo, watch your mouf when talking about Da Pie Gawd. Respect da one who feeds the Seven Kingdoms.

There is only 1 answer of who will sit on iron throne

IMG_6932.JPG

And lord commander of the queensguard

IMG_6931.JPG

What if GRRM felt a certain type of way at the time and had this idea for an ending then, but by the time he writes then he feels inspired to do something different? Hell, visually seeing his idea may even inspire him to do something different.

He’s spent how many years writing the next book? I’m sure he goes back and forth on ideas a lot

Anything is possible and only GRRM would know the answer to that, however I highly doubt his original ending will change. I can see the events leading up to it might, but not the endgame.

trailer breakdowns are the corniest thing on earth. disecting 3-5 min things... just calm your **** and watch the show when it comes.

no wonder you're a stannis/steve rodgers fan boy

paint drying must have been your favorite activity as a kid.. type of dude who liked watching golf when other sh was on to watch

Why do you waste any amount of time during your day watching a TRAILER be reviewed for longer than the trailer is. trying to figure out the plot from 2 minutes. Why spoil yourself seeing those scenes in real time. Do you really get joy watching something and being like.. oh snap the trailer guys were right this is happening omg. I 'll have to check their content out more.
It's super corny. you do that corny stuff in the marvel thread also. news flash those are spoilers also. So you're ruining for some other people. Then they have to leave threads. and lord knows when Marvel and GOT threads get going you miss like 50 pages in 2 days. and some people stay and still drop jokes and gems. We miss out on that.
it's corny

Why do you waste any amount of time during your day watching a TRAILER be reviewed for longer than the trailer is. trying to figure out the plot from 2 minutes. Why spoil yourself seeing those scenes in real time. Do you really get joy watching something and being like.. oh snap the trailer guys were right this is happening omg. I 'll have to check their content out more.
It's super corny. you do that corny stuff in the marvel thread also. news flash those are spoilers also. So you're ruining for some other people. Then they have to leave threads. and lord knows when Marvel and GOT threads get going you miss like 50 pages in 2 days. and some people stay and still drop jokes and gems. We miss out on that.
it's corny
84F7D65B-BDDA-4889-BA7D-1A6EF98568C0.gif

Glad to see some things never change in this thread :lol:

it's corny
One reason is the trailers have very fast moving images. One might watch these breakdowns because they can't keep up.
Two, it does bring some enjoyment to theorize or guess what might happen in the story from the trailer. Some people like to excise their imagination.
Three, its content. The final season is a month away. This gives people something to do.
Four, a trailer breakdown is pretty much what a lot of people do with their peers that watch the show but just don't upload it to the internet. You never watched the next episode preview of any show and discussed with your friends what might happen in the next ep? Be honest.
Same thing imo except the viewers are the friends.

Back
Top Bottom