OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also

Jaime been that dude since he washed Ned in a 1v1 in the beginning episodes.

You need to pay closer attention on your next rewatch. Most would agree that Ned, surprisingly, was giving Jamie that work until one of Jamie's men stabbed Ned in the leg.

Ned had the upper hand and even Jamie's men saw it and one decided to help Jamie, which made Jamie even more mad and then he slapped that soldier.

Last edited:
You need to pay closer attention on your next rewatch. Most would agree that Ned, surprisingly, was giving Jamie that work until one of Jamie's men stabbed Ned in the leg.

Ned had the upper hand and even Jamie's men saw it and one decided to help Jamie, which made Jamie even more mad and then he slapped that soldier.

I will rewatch it but I remember it as Jaime having the upper hand and that's why he slapped the soldier because he had it and didn't need help.

Do you actually watch this show? Serious question.

Yes I do but I am not like hardcore read the books or rewatching seasons or any of that.

Show was hard to follow for me because of all the different characters and uncommon names.

I really don't remember Theon doing anything that would justify the torture he went through.

Joffery deserved that punishment.

Also Theon and his story was an off arc and not a main story line that came up frequently in episodes as say Jon, the Starks, Lannisters, or Dany.

Yes I do but I am not like hardcore read the books or rewatching seasons or any of that.

Show was hard to follow for me because of all the different characters and uncommon names.

I really don't remember Theon doing anything that would justify the torture he went through.

Joffery deserved that punishment.

But you noted earlier that he “pretended” to kill the two stark kids meaning you do remember what he did :lol: . Also saying end of S1 when he found the puppy direwolves put him in good standing was way before Theon overtook Winterfell.

Theon was supposed to recruit the Iron Islands to Robb's cause. Instead, he sided with his father and took over Winterfell in his father's name. He killed Ser Rodrik who trained Theon and the Stark sons in combat. He pretended to kill Rickon and Bran but instead it was some other boys in the area. In the books, the North refer to him as Theon Turncloak.

He deserved everything that he got.

I just rewatched it and no one had the upper hand, but I think Jaime would have washed Ned had that soldier not interrupted them.

But you noted earlier that he “pretended” to kill the two stark kids meaning you do remember what he did :lol: . Also saying end of S1 when he found the puppy direwolves put him in good standing was way before Theon overtook Winterfell.

Yes I do remember him pretending to kill the kids but to me he showed mercy and burned two already dead kids I think.

He could have kept looking for the stark kids and end up killing them for real but he did not and knew they got away. Therefore showed mercy and that's why I don't think he deserved the torture he got.

Where did I say end of the season 1 they found the wolf puppies? Was that not in the beginning of the season while they were all together? Ned didn't take the job with the Lannisters yet and it was before they came to the north so it had to be like the first few episodes they found them.

What are you even talking about I just reread your post. I didn't say he was in good standing for finding the puppies I said he was good money with them in season 1 meaning he seemed like he was already part of the family before finding the pups. It seemed like he held a higher role in the family than even Jon because I remember him herbing Jon when they found the pups and talking to Jon as if he was a shunned outsider or something.

Theon was supposed to recruit the Iron Islands to Robb's cause. Instead, he sided with his father and took over Winterfell in his father's name. He killed Ser Rodrik who trained Theon and the Stark sons in combat. He pretended to kill Rickon and Bran but instead it was some other boys in the area. In the books, the North refer to him as Theon Turncloak.

He deserved everything that he got.

Okay if that's what happened what was he supposed to do? Go against his own father and bring shame to their name?

Remember back then your house name meant a lot and you had to preserve it at all costs so imagine going against your own father the shame that would cost.

Again I don't like Theon but what happened to him was not equal to his betrayal.

Joffery deserved what Theon got.

Also

Jaime been that dude since he washed Ned in a 1v1 in the beginning episodes.

I grew to like him after he saved Brienne.

I mean yeah how he threw Bran out that window was wrong but that little perv shouldn’t have been trying to spy and be a peeping Tom.

I will rewatch it but I remember it as Jaime having the upper hand and that's why he slapped the soldier because he had it and didn't need help.

The show might’ve made ned better than he should be. In the books, Jaime is a damn beast with the sword and few would want to challenge him. Was surprised when ned was doing well against him.

Okay if that's what happened what was he supposed to do? Go against his own father and bring shame to their name?

Remember back then your house name meant a lot and you had to preserve it at all costs so imagine going against your own father the shame that would cost.

Again I don't like Theon but what happened to him was not equal to his betrayal.

He killed two innocent orphan boys. Not only that, Bran had just given them to a farmer so they finally had a home and Theon comes along and strips that away!....
Even his own sister which her father approved of more than him thought that was way over the line.
He also forced two more children(Bran and Rickon) away from their home. His father never told him to take Winterfell period.

For starters, he shouldn't have gone. His mistake was that he thought he would be greeted with open arms by his family and that they would side with him. He was naive. The Starks raised him and treated him well. He was their ward/hostage because his father tried to wage a pathetic rebellion and failed. His father brought shame to their family.

The show might’ve made ned better than he should be. In the books, Jaime is a damn beast with the sword and few would want to challenge him. Was surprised when ned was doing well against him.

I mean Ned held his own as an old man compared to a young strapping Jaime.

Dudes act like Ned was untouchable or something in that vision of him saving his sister he was getting washed by the armor knight with two swords and no shield.

He was a good noble man but definitely was on some untouchable level.

I don't think anyone here would really put Ned at top 5 swordsmen, but he didn't get "washed" by Jaime. I bet if the fight had continued, Ned would have most likely lost, but fact of the matter is it was a draw until some jabronie interfered.

For starters, he shouldn't have gone. His mistake was that he thought he would be greeted with open arms by his family and that they would side with him. He was naive. The Starks raised him and treated him well. He was their ward/hostage because his father tried to wage a pathetic rebellion and failed. His father brought shame to their family.

One of the few times Robb should have listened to Catelyn. She knew all too well who Balon Greyjoy was. Just like Walder Frey.

Season 4 was ****ing ridiculous, man.

Looped back around since I finished the series in like a month.:lol:

Top three show all-time. Maybe top two. Perhaps top one.:nerd:

I mean Ned held his own as an old man compared to a young strapping Jaime.

Dudes act like Ned was untouchable or something in that vision of him saving his sister he was getting washed by the armor knight with two swords and no shield.

He was a good noble man but definitely was on some untouchable level.

Robb low key might of been the best swordsman in the 7 kingdoms.

Need was getting washed as a youngin

No, in Season One, he even admitted he couldn't beat Jamie in a duel. He's a good commander though (at least he was until he broke the oath with the Freys and executed the Karstark)

To my knowledge, pre-capture Jamie and Barristan Selmy were the best living swordsmen on the show (and Oberyn if you count spears)

Current version of Jon might be one of the best as well but no one knows for sure

Last edited:

331843.gif

Back
Top Bottom