OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tywin did say that he can't prove Tyrion isn't his son meaning he thinks there could be a possibility but he just can't prove it.

I just took that statement as him making excuses for himself. He had too much ego to accept the fact that he fathered a ****** that killed his wife. Gotta take ownership of that, but he was always an entitlement prick so it fit his character.

This is a medieval, superstitious type of society. Our own society looks down on little people, so imagine a medieval one. Parents probably thought they were cursed if they had a dwarf child. In Tywin's case, his wife died giving birth to Tyrion so he really felt cursed. On the other hand, he was obsessed with his family's legacy so he didn't kill Tyrion outright. There are other fathers that had these kinds of moments. Randyll threatened to kill Sam when he became an adult if he didn't give up his inheritance and join the Night's Watch. Roose was going to kill baby Ramsay until he saw that Ramsay had his eyes. Lousy fathers abound in Westeros.

rewatching some episodes here and there, I’m reminded how dope of a character Jaime is and how his character arc is so damn dynamic....dude is probably gonna die the hero and is probably gonna be one of the most touching deaths of the series, I think even more than Arya.

This is a medieval, superstitious type of society. Our own society looks down on little people, so imagine a medieval one. Parents probably thought they were cursed if they had a dwarf child. In Tywin's case, his wife died giving birth to Tyrion so he really felt cursed. On the other hand, he was obsessed with his family's legacy so he didn't kill Tyrion outright. There are other fathers that had these kinds of moments. Randyll threatened to kill Sam when he became an adult if he didn't give up his inheritance and join the Night's Watch. Roose was going to kill baby Ramsay until he saw that Ramsay had his eyes. Lousy fathers abound in Westeros.

All bad fathers but none compare to Stannis parenting :lol:

Yeah I was kinda blown away again by how complex a character Jamie is. Dude went through like 7 different phases. Raping his sister by Joffrey’s dead body and keeping his oath all at the same time.:lol::sick:

Speaking of Shae, I noticed a subtle technique they used to indicate her character turning against Tyrion.

All throughout her screentime, she had makeup that was light and pretty natural/neutral.

When she's revealed on Tywin's bed, her makeup is darker.

I understand makeup is used to convey good characters and bad ones, but the change was so subtle (imo) in the case of Shae.

I thought it was dope.

People hating on Shae bae before like to forget she’s a prostitute. tyrion took her from a soldier and then his dad took her from him. She just moved on to a new customer.

rewatching some episodes here and there, I’m reminded how dope of a character Jaime is and how his character arc is so damn dynamic....dude is probably gonna die the hero and is probably gonna be one of the most touching deaths of the series, I think even more than Arya.

giphy.gif

People hating on Shae bae before like to forget she’s a prostitute. tyrion took her from a soldier and then his dad took her from him. She just moved on to a new customer.

someone as well read as him should have known you can't make a ho a housewife.

Best TV across all spectrums.
For sure best episode of that Series.

The fit worn by Cersei.
The tension build up.
The music.
The cadence of sound, dialogue and score.
The plotting.
The politicking.
The savagery.
The betrayal.
The MUSIC.
The editing.
The reveals.
The kid sticking a knife in the Septen.
The Queen Mqrjorie asking the High Sparrow to evacuate.
Him declining and restraining the crowd.
The candles burning down in the WildFire potion.
The hairs on Cersei’s forehead blowing from the gusts of winds across the City from the Citadel toppling.
Cersei letting that broad know she won’t die for ages.
The little King jumping out of the window.
The music abrubtly ending as the scene changes.
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

It was like one big long Thriller video.

ALL OF THIS
anD.gif

I said this last night during my rewatch, Oathkeeper S4E4. You obviously dislike Jaime in the early seasons for what he did to Bran, but I quickly grew to root for him. He was loyal/disloyal to his own fam all in the same.

All bad fathers but none compare to Stannis parenting :lol:

I can't think of any good fathers on the show other than Ned Stark. It's impressive how Ned was only around for a handful of episodes but is still loved/missed by most GOT fans.

Also

Jaime been that dude since he washed Ned in a 1v1 in the beginning episodes.

I grew to like him after he saved Brienne.

I mean yeah how he threw Bran out that window was wrong but that little perv shouldn’t have been trying to spy and be a peeping Tom.

Nah. It paved the way. Deceiving that house that took you in? Nah.

I have to rewatch or catch up on that but I remember when they found the wolf dogs in season 1 Theon was good money.

Forgot what caused him to go against the Starks but I don’t remember him doing anything that wrong to Justify what he went through.

Back
Top Bottom