OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ThisEasyBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
People watch GoT talking about "omg, if you zoom in this shot, Sam had a booger in his noise. Bad writing, the show fell off"
Well, they could have layed some groundwork for the booger at the least. You can't just toss in this new part of the story without setting up their motivations.

What motivation does that booger have really?!

Seriously though, the writing fell off when they ran out of book material, as mentioned earlier. It was bound to happen when they went to having to fill in big gaps between story bullet points.

Tyrion's decision to try and quell the tension in the room by telling the northern lords the Lannister armory was on the way made no sense to me. Might have re-watch the scene but from what I remember it did nothing but piss everyone off more.

Tyrion's decision to try and quell the tension in the room by telling the northern lords the Lannister armory was on the way made no sense to me. Might have re-watch the scene but from what I remember it did nothing but piss everyone off more.
They’re really highlighting how Tyrion has gone soft and is losing his touch

In fact it’s been building for a while now, with his poor decision making. The cherry on top was Sansa sonn’ing him letting him know that Cersei played him

The script has flipped in terms of who is showing smarts

I thought the same but perhaps it’s the fact that she survived and still at the top. Survived and escape countless situations, learned the game, save the North with finessing Little Finger, and here she is knowing Cersei is full of ****.
I mean surviving does not mean you're the smartest.

Besides what Arya went through was worse/harder.

And honestly when did she learn the game really? The things she's went through really havent put her on the level of Tyrion, LF, or Varys.

Any person thats not fooling themselves knows the deal with Cersi.

I was shocked by this too. Was waiting for her to smirk or give some cue that she was being sarcastic. Hope we get some reasoning behind that statement :lol:
At thid point its either poor writing just to try and prop up Sansa like she makes moves or they're gonna have her pull off some wild impressive strategical move.

Have a feeling the elephants will make an appearance still

Also golden company might end up switching sides when they start learning lol

Also, if Cercei is smart I would really start marching my army North and attack Jon and Dany from both sides.

Somehow I think Cercei knows that Bron of the blackwater might not kill Jaimie or Tyrion and just paid off Bron to leave and not spy on her.

I mean surviving does not mean you're the smartest.

Exactly. She was so adamant about marrying Joffrey even when Ned warned her and wanted to get her out of King's Landing, she was a petulant little brat. If it wasn't for LF she wouldn't even have escaped King's Landing. If it wasn't for Theon, she would've taken an arrow to the dome by Myranda and never dipped on Ramsay.

It's not like she had much doing in her evading all those bleak situations.

She's an okay manipulator I'll give her that. She knows what and how to say certain things. But in the grander scheme, nah.

Rewatched the episode last night. Yara headbutting Theon after freeing her :lol:

Also didn't notice in the new opening that the tiles change colors to blue signifying the path the white walkers are taking. Emergency Awesome's video recap pointed that out to me.
Also the directions are inverted. The old intro went north to south ending at the all. This one starts south

Probably the thing I liked least about the episode was the Dany and Sansa stuff . I thought that was bad characterization on Dany's behalf. She just had dragon killed yet she worried about some bend the knee stuff. One would think she wouldn't be so catty at that moment.

it just hit me that everyone kept saying someone important would die in the premiere, and as i was talking to my co-worker about it i finally understood who died.

weakest death lol

Exactly. She was so adamant about marrying Joffrey even when Ned warned her and wanted to get her out of King's Landing, she was a petulant little brat. If it wasn't for LF she wouldn't even have escaped King's Landing. If it wasn't for Theon, she would've taken an arrow to the dome by Myranda and never dipped on Ramsay.

It's not like she had much doing in her evading all those bleak situations.

She's an okay manipulator I'll give her that. She knows what and how to say certain things. But in the grander scheme, nah.

Understood, in the beginning she was naive. She was the girlie girl that manage to become on top. But let’s not think that she doesn’t play her role when needed - manipulation is all part of it (as you stated). Not everybody was able to adapt to learn something - three eye raven, assassin, and even The King of The North. She got it out the mud, b.

I do agree, I don’t think she’s the smartest but I can see why someone would feel that way.

Back
Top Bottom