OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even tho I don't hate it as much as most of the fan base does, I needed to wash out the bad taste from this season, so I went back to my favorite scene from season 1. No special effects, no crazy action; just fantastic dialogue, character development, and great acting. Mark Addy was so, so good as Bobby B.

At this point, it's almost a sure thing that we wont get another moment like that. It's sad. I went into The Battle of Winterfell completely prepared to have my heart broken with the loss of a bunch of characters, but that episode showed me that they were really done with trying to tell a compelling story, and just want to try to please the average TV fan. When it was George's work, the intention was to please both book readers and average TV viewers, and in a lot of instances it seemed the book took priority over the story.

I really think Benioff and Weiss didn't expect to be put in the position where neither of the final two books are done. I think they genuinely wanted to just adapt the story, and didn't sign up for the way this all turned out.

I will say though, it makes me look at them and their ability to tell a compelling story much different when I gave them 50% of the credit for the show being so good. Now it seems like they only deserved about 25%.

And **** that Confederates show they tried to make.
Yeah I
Think this show
Is the reason the books aren’t out
He’s giving them like a big FU
If u think about it
Dude doesn’t even really talk about the show

Yo this shoulda BEEN done
How she never calls them is just dumb
She left them in Essos to maintain her control.

And personally, she knew there was a chance she may have to get married to form alliances so she left her boy toy behind.

It's usually an easy go to for most writers but they specifcally chose to avoid a love triangle with Jon-Dario-Dany cuz I know for sure there'd be static with Jon and Dario :lol:

They probably won't play a part again even if they hear word of Dany losing the war or rumors of her death.

Even tho I don't hate it as much as most of the fan base does, I needed to wash out the bad taste from this season, so I went back to my favorite scene from season 1. No special effects, no crazy action; just fantastic dialogue, character development, and great acting. Mark Addy was so, so good as Bobby B.

Season 1 finale was probably the most hyped I’ve ever been for the show (didn’t binge read the books till after). Soooo many possibilities, but we see how it’s all turned out now :lol:

“Blood of my blood” :pimp:

Last edited:
Finishing season 3 and watched the Red Wedding again. Has there been a TV ending and brutal slaying to top or match this?

6A226EA0-0934-43A6-ABD3-DD82C2DD156A.png

I haven’t seen a man roasted this bad since the EWD thread.

Varys is burned alive by Danny
Danny attacks kings landing.
Grey Worm loses his cool and the unsullied go at EVERYBODY (women and children included)
Darthraki begin to rape the women
Grey Worm vs Jon Snow (stare down - no actual fight)
As the lanister army (and Golden company) begin to surrender, the sounds of the "surrender bells" drives Danny mad. She finally snaps.
Cleganebowl happens both die.
Tyrion meets with Jamie who has arrived to save Cerci.
Cerci and Jamie die, Tyrion arrested for treason.
Jon kills Danny.
There is a spoiler thread.

Also you're missing probably the biggest spoiler for the end of this :lol:
Dexter ending was garbage but Showtime wouldn’t let the writers do what they wanted to do.

Seems like these 2 GoT dweebs have total control over the writing, which makes this even ****ing worse.
It sucked so much I never did read up on writers/creators explanations.

What did they want to do but werent allowed to?

Cuz they lost me all of the final season when after Deb finds out she kees it a secret and actively helps Sex while playing with the subplot that she wants to bang him.

:pimp:

I still didnt like how they did him in the end. An injury while hunting off screen and a week in bed death. All while only implying Cersi orchestrated his death covered with he was drunk and hunting so it was an accident.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom