OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Explain. Cause I was under the impression the rest of that witches prophecy was on point.

From what I remember (off the head):
She married the king
She had kids with golden hair or whatever
They all die
She dies at the hands of a younger brother.

The show leaves out the Valonqar part. Originally I thought they did that to make it less expected for the show's purposes but in hindsight they just didn't want her to die at the hands of the "little brother".

Although, I wonder if maybe the word "valonqar" is incorrectly translated. Like how they said that the Prince Who Was Promised could also mean Princess in the Valyrian prophecy translation. Maybe "valonqar" is incorrectly translated to mean strictly "little brother". Maybe it could be either little brother or little sister. Technically, Dany is responsible for Cersei's death and she is the little sister of the family.

If the web was live back then like it is now The comments on Season 2 and the last season of the wire would’ve been unbearable :lol:
Imagine having dinner at a Michelin 3 star restaurant with this thread.

It's fine, the show deserves the criticism, but it also gets tired at some point.

Jon Snow gonna fake his death and become a lumberjack next week

Gonna wind up in one of these situations

latest

The accuracy.....

890C5499-164F-4062-B366-C1CE51C9364C.png

Not at all. It’s like when a girl is complaining a partner switched their whole stroke up, and while they used to take their time and make sure things are pleasurable for everyone, now they just rush through things, no buildup, and do random **** in bed because it’s no longer about your experience but about them just getting through it all as quick as possible. Then they gas light you to make you think YOU’RE crazy and you’re the problem and if you were deeper you’d understand why they were doing what they do.

Also they turn off all the lights and blindfold you so you can’t even see what SHOULD be the most exciting parts.

And then you realize after alllll that the reason they were so good before was because their mans taught them all they knew and once he stopped ****ing with them, they lost all their game, had no new moves to copy paste with you, and lost interest in pretending anymore so they ended your relationship prematurely.

Debateable. I hear what you’re saying though. They’ve been throwing subtle hints at this for 7 seasons, with each season becoming more apparent.

You can argue the earlier seasons were less subtle, but that’s because we agreed with her motives. But the actions are same, only we don’t agree with them any more so she looks mad.

I seen the Anakin comment earlier - I think that was a worse transformation than this.
But If anything, all those "hints" showed was her fierce code of justice. Her determination to right wrongs by any means necessary. I mean she stayed in Mereen for almost two seasons just to make sure it didn't revert back into a slave city, only to get to Westeros and slaughter innocent people after she's already won the throne? This was a drastic transformation. Jamie trash too. He told Tyrion that he never really cared for the common people. Really Jaime? So you didn't confess to Brienne three seasons ago that you killed Aeries because you found out that he had hidden wildfire all around the city in case it was sacked, and that thousands of innocent people would die? I guess that was bull**** too? :smh: Plain lazy writing.

Can I just ask one question of all the folks complaining about the episode and fall of the show.

What other shows out there are overall better than this? I just want to go check them out because I want to know what my fellow NTers consider to be "the best of all time TV shows"

GOT is in my top 10 tv shows of all time maybe Top 5. I know Breaking Bad is way up there as well.

In my opinion GOT is probably the best thing on TV right now minus sports.

Please give me some insight because the last few hundred pages have been a ton of complaining and I wanna see what the comparison is being drawn from.
We're complaining because it's a good show that used to be great. Honestly, it's probably the most entertaining show on TV right now (at least that I know of). The action, VFX, acting - all amazing in my opinion - but the show used to be so much more than that. The story used to be compelling and interesting. Now it feels like the show runners are going for pure shock value. We went through two villains this season, only to end up with Dany as the big bad? How? It wasn't earned

Back
Top Bottom