OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Predictable ending. We all know the dragon won’t hurt Rhaegar. Dany gonna try and snuff him and there’s gonna be that big moment when she realizes she can’t use the dragon against him then he’s gonna murk her for the bittersweet ending. Not impressed :rolleyes
Jon's name is Aegon.

Rhaegar or Rhaegal is dead. Both the person and the dragon.

Drogon will definitely set Jon on fire.

It wont even get to that though

That horse looked dead as hell.:lol:

The Golden Company standoff was meh.

I don't wanna be so negative on this, but man the more I think about it the more it feels like they really **** the bed.

Agreed. But there's honestly no point in being extremely vocal about calling it trash.

So they signed up to adapt a book series that they were big fans of then just got cocky instead of continuing to adapt available material? Make more sense.
Cocky and even more so lazy. Them dudes thought they could finish this story in 13 eps

Dany is truly an idiot. She doesn’t seem to have any knowledge of economics or infrastructure. She killed 1 of her 2 advisors. Destroyed the capital city, that’s already in debt, killed the working population who farms etc, scared others. Is at odds with Sansa who is warden of the north.

Like literally what is her plan outside of Bryn burn it all down and take the throne

What part of this show did we ever look at Dany and think man this girl is smart :lol:

When one of your babies gets killed and your best friend gets beheaded in front of you on the same day, and to top it off you realize that no one really likes you, it’s fair to say that rage can take over any logical thought process. Especially when it’s in your bloodline.

What part of this show did we ever look at Dany and think man this girl is smart :lol:

When one of your babies gets killed and your best friend gets beheaded in front of you on the same day, and to top it off you realize that no one really likes you, it’s fair to say that rage can take over any logical thought process. Especially when it’s in your bloodline.
I’m just more thinking about the people blowing up Twitter about Dany. It’s not even about her being crazy, she’s just dumb and erratic ever since Drogo died.

Jon's name is Aegon.

My bad it is Aegon. He’s got the Targaryen blood tho doesn’t that mean the dragons won’t mess with him? Isn’t that the reason he was able to ride the dragon?

Top 5 character

anigif_sub-buzz-21775-1501471508-4.gif

Jon's name is Aegon.

IDK...I can definitely see the show writers giving us a corny moment where Dany gives the order and the dragon refuses, giving Jon or someone else (I predict that it's going to be Arya) the short opportunity to kill Dany.

Dany is truly an idiot. She doesn’t seem to have any knowledge of economics or infrastructure. She killed 1 of her 2 advisors. Destroyed the capital city, that’s already in debt, killed the working population who farms etc, scared others. Is at odds with Sansa who is warden of the north.

Like literally what is her plan outside of Bryn burn it all down and take the throne

Are you familiar with the books? What Varys said about the gods flipping a coin and everyone holding their breath with every Targaryen is true.

Even the ones who weren't cruel or insane were weirdos. It's in her blood to be vengeful and a logical. If anything I think they should have talk more about most of the targaryen rulers being crazy and not focus solely on the Mad King

A lot of people mad by all the "bad writing" this season. I dunno I don't have any PHDs in literature or am part of the Writer's Guild so i've been entertained. Satisfied? To a point. The only thorn in my side is the letdown of the Night King's real intent. Sure we got a somewhat reason that Sam and Bran surmised but nothing definitive.

To the point of Dany doing almost a complete 180 from previous seasons. How old do we think she is? 19? 20? IIRC in the books and maybe the show she was what 14-15 when it started? I think if we add that to the narrative her actions make more sense. Take a 15 year old girl, sell her to some wild Conan mofo to be his wife which whom then she ends up loving. Give her power over this wild hoard of savages. Give her this power then show her she can't be burned and can control dragons. Have her suffer through battles. Lose confidants, gain allies and enemies, lose confidants and this is over the course of a few years.

then in one fell swoop she loses 2 dragons (her children), loses a father figure, then a best friend all before she's 21, so her losing her ish is not so farfetched. Look what's happened to most teen actors through the years when gone unchecked. Now add dragons and soldiers and a young adult burning people everywhere just might make some sense.

That's just my $0.02.

^^^ bad writing is bad writing. Can’t account for her mental state for today’s societies standards. This is a different time/world. Life expectancy was shorter, and people grew much faster. Also Arya is a kid who has been more traumatized hust as much. She bounces back and becomes a real one. It’s just bad writing my g.

Why are people struggling with Dany's choice to go ham on the city?

They literally laid out in plain sight what she must have been thinking ... Her entire arc is becoming Queen of the Seven Kingdoms ... We learned with her in clear dialogue that the rightful heir will prevent her from doing that ...

She had a very transparent choice, either be the nice killer and spare all the people who will know that Jon is the real King, or make certain that her people are behind her in her attempt to take out everyone who opposes / wont bend the knee to her unequivocally ...

It's so simple to follow ... SHE HAS WANTED TO BE THE QUEEN SINCE DAY 1 ... A very simple logical progression showing that people want power over all things and the only way to get that without Jon going along with the lie, was to burn it all down ...

Also, Varys used to be the king of finesse. He schemed against so many of the monarchs he served and never got caught. This season, it took all of 5 minutes until he was caught and burned.
Without Little Finger dude got sloppy and careless.
Jon's name is Aegon.

If she truly believes he is a blood relative that would be a bad idea. Because if the fire does nothing to him he gathers even more allies watching him go unscathed. Also they will see he is also Targ so he has a right to the crown.

Back
Top Bottom