OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The show rushing to an end made Jon's (and Danny's) to people didn't feel they were watching the same characters

But Jon does the right thing in the end, and mans was always kinda a simp.

He would have gotten murk at the wall because he hesitated, Ollie saved his *** there.

I think my biggest issue with Jon is the letdown of all the hype they built up around him

Jon is undoubtedly a great character and an easy person to root for. But all the extra sauce about him that the show hyped up for multiple seasons is just pretty much forgotten

They didn't even pull off the misdirection about him not actually being the chosen one very well.

Him being a Targaryen means little to nothing all things considered

The show rushing to an end made Jon's (and Danny's) to people didn't feel they were watching the same characters

But Jon does the right thing in the end, and mans was always kinda a simp.

He would have gotten murk at the wall because he hesitated, Ollie saved his *** there.

I agree that he had a weak spot for Ygritte, but at the end of the day he prioritized protecting Castle Black first. We could’ve see him abandoning the Night’s Watch altogether and joining the attack against the wall (he has reasons to, especially with how Allister treated him) but his duty was more important.

When Stannis offers to legitimize him, he still puts the NW first even though he’s spent his entire life being looked down on for being a bastard.

When he’s crowned King in the North, based on what the show has given us in terms of his character development, he would’ve fought to the death to protect the people and interests of his kingdom no matter what he was offered in exchange.

that’s what makes the shift to him abandoning everything to bend the knee and simp for Dany so jarring. We went through multiple seasons of him learning about putting his emotions aside to do the right thing (with lessons from Aemon, his friends, Mormont, etc) only to abandon it all right at the end.

That makes him no different than his idiot brother/cousin Robb, whose simping self sabotaged his entire war effort after he got crowned King in the North.

After the initial shock, I didn’t feel bad AT ALL for Robb when I thought about what he had done up to that point. Not only does he execute his biggest allies when he could just have sanctioned them, imprisoned them for a bit, held off til later etc…He Breaks his oath with the one kingdom he absolutely needed to be on his side, then adds to the disrespect by offering his useless uncle instead, then disrespects Walder Frey even more by showing up to the wedding with his new pregnant wife. If I were Tywin I’d absolutely take advantage of that to end the war ASAP instead of letting thousands more people die in battle

Last edited:

tumblr_o03j2dMsWP1qbj46wo1_540.gif

Kinda surprised the actor reprised this role. I remember him specifically being hella stressed around the final season. It felt like he really thought he was gonna be on the iron throne.

This Jon Snow sequel series is pretty disgusting and desperate.

Guess Kit gave up or burnt out on any Hollywood ambitions.

They honestly just need to have Melisanbae cast a reverse time spell by ****ing Podrick and do things right starting over from s5.

This Jon Snow sequel series is pretty disgusting and desperate.

Guess Kit gave up or burnt out on any Hollywood ambitions.

They honestly just need to have Melisanbae cast a reverse time spell by ****ing Podrick and do things right starting over from s5.
He giving up too soon. I remember homie was starting to spread his wings a bit as thrones was ending. It's too soon to run back to that role.

I mean Disney is killing it with their star wars spin off so I can't blame HBO for looking at their IPs and saying how do we replicate this.

JS just isn't the first character to come to mind for a spin off.

To be fair there hasn't been a show as culturally accepted as GOT in quite some time. I remember going back and forth with my homegirl in Nigeria about the most recent episodes as the show was airing, not to mention the many water cooler conversations I had when in person work was still the norm.

Outside of the Disney cartoons (owl house, amphibia,etc), Marvel and documentaries- the shows are terribly written and the acting is subpar.

It’s almost feeling like CW level.

I was always one for more spinoffs but only feel confident with the ones with source material to pull from like House of The Dragons.

Back
Top Bottom