OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^ yea I thought it was gonna be a flashback too for a split sec, there were very detailed scene transitions this episode btw...

Grey Worm bout to give Khaleesi the Black Worm lol

Can't wait for that stupid King in the North to die. This oaf hasn't learned a thing from his Father's death. There's a thin line between being honorable and stupid, and he just crossed it.
crossed it awhile back by marrying that nurse.

^^^ yea I thought it was gonna be a flashback too for a split sec, there were very detailed scene transitions this episode btw...

He's castrated though :lol:

The flashback I want to see won't happen until probably season 5 :lol:

He's castrated though
laugh.gif

The flashback I want to see won't happen until probably season 5
laugh.gif
Which one?
nerd.gif

I'm sorry...but am I alone in saying this show has really lost steam, luster and the ability to keep my interest?

I just feel like this season hasn't done a good job with giving up moments to be excited about. At least that's me and I didn't read the books..etc
There always has to be "that guy", yes you are truly alone with your view.
laugh.gif

I'm sorry...but am I alone in saying this show has really lost steam, luster and the ability to keep my interest?

I just feel like this season hasn't done a good job with giving up moments to be excited about. At least that's me and I didn't read the books..etc
There always has to be "that guy", yes you are truly alone with your view. :lol:

:lol: pretty much.

I wish more people read the books so they knew what to expect. So many people watch this waiting for massive action scenes that just aren't going to come. This isn't a Michael Bay film, it's a TV show, and it's still a human drama. I think there's certainly "bigger" character moments in this show than what had happened in The Soprano's and Lost by this time in their respective seasons.

I'll be the first to admit that the books don't give you great build to a specific event because really you never know what's coming.

Very vague spoilers:

And as mentioned in spoilers, there are things that everyone wants to see that just have not happened yet. That's not to say they won't happen but it might take another 3,000 pages to get there.

Last edited:
The children dying would be up to King Robert but with Ned at his side he could've found away to send them back to Tywin unharmed
Ned did try to save the children, and in the end it screwed him over. He couldn't stop Robert from slaughtering the Targaryean babies, or from sending assassins to Daenerys, so he knew not to even bother try to convince Robert with Cersei's children.
So they would've died.

View media item 389533

No you're not..It just seems to not have many moments to get hyped about..Most episodes seem to have good moments in the beginning and at the end, but the majority of it just kind lags..Plus there are just so many damn people/locations that you have to try and remember..And that's made even harder when all the male characters look alike and all the locations look the same..First season was definitely the best and easiest to follow..
The last ep was like the best for me cz this time around they didn't make it seem like they were worried about pacing. They jumped from character to character in different locations and relied on the viewer keeping up. I really liked it.

I'm lost on all male characters look the same and all locations look the same. I don't know where you're getting that. One second they're in a cave, then in a castle, then in another castle, some stuff in the woods, then in King's Landing, then wherever Dany is which clearly appears to be a more arid climate.

Season has been real good so far.

Last edited:
I'm lost on all male characters look the same and all locations look the same. I don't know where you're getting that.
I'm guessin here...
One second they're in a cave
Brotherhood without Banners. Eyepatch is Beric Dondarrion. Burnt face was The Hound.
then in a castle, then in another castle
Robb's camp with his uncle Edmure Tully
+ the Iron Islands Dragonstone with Stannis (with the crazy wife) and Davos (behind bars)
some stuff in the woods
That new guy that has Jamie is Roose Bolton I think.
then wherever Dany is which clearly appears to be a more arid climate.
Barristan Selmy (new old dude) and Jorah Mormont (old old dude)

Last edited:
Aren't the Greyjoys at the Iron Islands, not Stannis?

I've been fine with the names and locations, along with waiting for things to develop or be answered in time... but have they done a proper job of showing how much time has passed between events? They might have said things here and there for reference, but how long has it been since Blackwater? Or roughly how long since Ned died? Those kind of things just out of curiosity.

I think that's right...so Stannis is Dragonstone? Or did I make that up? :lol:

I made a point not to google anyone after s1, cuz everything is spoilers. :smh:

My question is how much are they shortchanging that Nights watch revolt, the whitewalkers and Robb's war?

Last edited:
just started this show 3 days ago. boy did i sleeeeep on this!!! man i want a dire wolf now lol cant wait to catch up and enjoy season 3

If you need info on where people are within the world and who they are it's not hard to take 5 minutes and look it up on HBO's website:

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/season3/

If you want a more streamlined version go here:

http://quartermaester.info/

If you want info on the new characters here (no spoilers now that we're halfway through):

(NOTE: Roose Bolton is not a new character he was around a lot last season)

(NOTE: Roose Bolton is not a new character he was around a lot last season)
Well yeah...he's the new guy that has Jamie, as opposed to the old guy that chopped dude's hand off.

DIdn't think of just checking HBO, though. Good look.

I know with that other site...I would just push the limits til I got mad at spoiling something. :lol:

So they would've died.

View media item 389533The last ep was like the best for me cz this time around they didn't make it seem like they were worried about pacing. They jumped from character to character in different locations and relied on the viewer keeping up. I really liked it.

I'm lost on all male characters look the same and all locations look the same. I don't know where you're getting that. One second they're in a cave, then in a castle, then in another castle, some stuff in the woods, then in King's Landing, then wherever Dany is which clearly appears to be a more arid climate.

You're lost on all the male characters look the same?..Really?..I mean theres like 27 dudes that are dirty, with dark short/curly hair, wearing similar attire, that have beards or goatees..And one minute it shows people in a forest, then different people in another forest, then people in some old run down house, then it shows some other people in an old run down house, then it shows people in a muddy "town square", and then some different people in a muddy "town square"..The only distinct area's are KL, outside the wall (because it's all snow), and when they show Ms.Where'smydragons..

I'm lost on all male characters look the same and all locations look the same. I don't know where you're getting that.
I'm guessin here...
One second they're in a cave
Brotherhood without Banners. Eyepatch is Beric Dondarrion. Burnt face was The Hound.
then in a castle, then in another castle
Robb's camp with his uncle Edmure Tully
+ the Iron Islands Dragonstone with Stannis (with the crazy wife) and Davos (behind bars)
some stuff in the woods
That new guy that has Jamie is Roose Bolton I think.
then wherever Dany is which clearly appears to be a more arid climate.
Barristan Selmy (new old dude) and Jorah Mormont (old old dude)
Um I wasn't saying I agree, I was saying I'm lost on how someone could say all the places look the same and all the male characters look the same.

I'm following the story's characters and locations quite fine. My only problem is I'll probably not know how to spell certain names and I don't always remember the name of the locations but I'm well aware they're different.

As for the last ep when I think about it the only person I thought was someone else was Stannis' wife and Cat's crazy sister but I quickly realized it was a new character when Stannis stepped in the room.
The last ep was like the best for me cz this time around they didn't make it seem like they were worried about pacing. They jumped from character to character in different locations and relied on the viewer keeping up. I really liked it.

You're lost on all the male characters look the same?..Really?..I mean theres like 27 dudes that are dirty, with dark short/curly hair, wearing similar attire, that have beards or goatees..And one minute it shows people in a forest, then different people in another forest, then people in some old run down house, then it shows some other people in an old run down house, then it shows people in a muddy "town square", and then some different people in a muddy "town square"..The only distinct area's are KL, outside the wall (because it's all snow), and when they show Ms.Where'smydragons..
I guess I have to give credit to my perfect vision and good memory. None of the males look the same to me AT ALL. So at no point would I think Davos is King Robb or something. As for location, I remember where everyone is so if I see Aarya I know they're in those caves with the brotherhood, I'm not going to think Stannis is in the same castle where the Castark men killed the Lannister children.

Maybe I'm just paying better attention than ppl who are confused.

Last edited:
I think that's right...so Stannis is Dragonstone? Or did I make that up? :lol:

I made a point not to google anyone after s1, cuz everything is spoilers. :smh:

My question is how much are they shortchanging that Nights watch revolt, the whitewalkers and Robb's war?

Not to delve into the first two that much but they're not. And Robb's war isn't either. They're showing him enough and going with the story perfectly that he's lost most of his army and needs the Frey's to turn the tide. It's not so much showing him but showing how much knowledge others have of his downfall so far.

And yes, Stannis is in Dragonstone.

Back
Top Bottom