OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So how many books are there in total? I'm gonna go ahead and buy the books soon.

5 so far.
Estimated to end in 7 with a back door for possibly 8.

I didn't hear news of him maybe doing an extra book. He just needs to end it at 7. He knows better, already takes him forever to write and edit one book. I don't want to wait a decade for the conclusion of the story or have him die before and have to watch the show to see how it all ends. Ain't nobody got time for that :smh:.

Forgot to mention, Catelyn looked good with her hair down this episode. I dig it..

The Milf of the North :lol:
I'd follow her and lend her my banner :smokin.

Last edited:
No it didn't HAVE to happen. Anybody trying to rationalize that scene as something one should do is ******g crazy.
I don't think people are trying to rationalize it to make it seem like it was okay for him to do it, but they just saying why he did it, its not like he did that for fun or on a regular basis. He crossed the line there. Killing Mad King I have no problem with, losing his honor or not.

There are far worse people than Jamie out there, but Jamie definitely isn't on the good side.
I mean Tywin and Robert slaughtered babies. Even Ned knew that Cersei's kids life was in danger which is he tried to talk her into living the city before he told Robert the truth. Just this episode, completely innocent Lannister children were killed with stupid justifications. There's a lot of F'ed up horrible people in this series, Jamie is one of them but he ain't the epitome of evil.
I aint saying he's the epitome of evil. I'm just not going to feel sorry for dude when he reveals a sad story about his past and I'm not gonna forget it just cuz the character appears to have changed.

I don't play the game of there's more evil ppl out there. This isn't the case of me putting a thief in the same category of a rapist or murderer. Jaime's intent was always to kill Bran.
what with all the hate about jamie. besides the incest, i dont see whats wrong with him. and even that, isnt that bad for the time. i mean all the targaryens did it, and everyone loves them.

but all jamie lannister did try murder someone to save their house. EVERYONE in the series does it. the sack of kings landing tywin and robert wrecked the city, killing waay more children than just one, and everyone loves them.
I don't know why ppl keep saying this. It's only been mentioned that Targayens did it and so far all of them are dead but one and no nobody loves any living Targaryens that are actively engaging in incest. So please stop with this tired excuse.

What you're doing about the attempted murder of Bran is call rationalizing. If you want to simplify that act like it's any old thing everybody does you're twisted. Plus all of the ppl you're mentioning aint even likeable. Robert was a drunk and an a-hole. Tywin is a prick. These are not even admirable characters. This house crap is just more bull **** anyway.

Call me when Tyrion starts raping little girls and killing kids in their sleep to keep the "honor of their house"

What's Queen Cersei's reason for not wanting Ser Loras, the most beautiful man in the 7 Kingdoms?

Last edited:
Because he likes the fellas.

Plus it'll be the 2nd loveless marriage her father has ordered her into for strategic purposes.

What's Queen Cersei's reason for not wanting Ser Loras, the most beautiful man in the 7 Kingdoms?
She still has some trauma from when Robert consummated their loveless marriage. She doesn't like it. She said it in a previous ep but she basically wish she was born a dude. She feels she's listened to her pops the most and learned from it but she's obviously not that smart. Cersi doesn't like being told what to do, she doesn't like being used and basically sold. She thinks she's smart enough to be the manipulator despite not having any of the experience.

It's funny how Sansa was the girly girl trying to find a prince, but Arya gets Gendry and Sansa gets Joff...The Hound...Ser Loras...Littlefinger...Tyrion. :lol:

She still has some trauma from when Robert consummated their loveless marriage. She doesn't like it. She said it in a previous ep but she basically wish she was born a dude. She feels she's listened to her pops the most and learned from it but she's obviously not that smart. Cersi doesn't like being told what to do, she doesn't like being used and basically sold. She thinks she's smart enough to be the manipulator despite not having any of the experience.

she prob also knows he plays for the other team and knows it will be another loveless formality.

What you're doing about the attempted murder of Bran is call rationalizing. If you want to simplify that act like it's any old thing everybody does you're twisted. Plus all of the ppl you're mentioning aint even likeable. Robert was a drunk and an a-hole. Tywin is a prick. These are not even admirable characters. This house crap is just more bull **** anyway.

Call me when Tyrion starts raping little girls and killing kids in their sleep to keep the "honor of their house"

Have you read the books?

she prob also knows he plays for the other team and knows it will be another loveless formality.
To me, knowing Cersi, if she knew that she'd see it as an opportunity to blackmail him not something she'd hate in her new arranged marriage. It'd mean she got to avoid the forced sex and forced faking of it all. Plus at this point it's clear she's not looking for love and in her sick head she probably thinks she has that with Jaime anyway.

Have you read the books?
I've read the books up until a point. I know Martin aint finished so I'm in no rush to get caught up and be left waiting for more books while the show is still behind.

Feel free to pm me a spoiler if Tyrion does that though :lol: I know he does other things but not aware of that.

Last edited:
I aint saying he's the epitome of evil. I'm just not going to feel sorry for dude when he reveals a sad story about his past and I'm not gonna forget it just cuz the character appears to have changed.

I don't play the game of there's more evil ppl out there. This isn't the case of me putting a thief in the same category of a rapist or murderer. Jaime's intent was always to kill Bran.
I don't know why ppl keep saying this. It's only been mentioned that Targayens did it and so far all of them are dead but one and no nobody loves any living Targaryens that are actively engaging in incest. So please stop with this tired excuse.

you think that way because your trying to view the story from a modern perspective. is pushing a little kid out of a window in order to protect your last name twisted in todays society? Yes, but so is 95% of all of the other things in the book. You say Robert is a drunk and an a-hole, so with Tywin, and this is true. But how come so many people love those 2 characters but hate jamie because he pushed a kid down a window. In my eyes, he is probably has more morals than both of the 2.

Also, if your judging things from a modern point of view, then which strong characters have honor in the series besides ned stark, robb stark, and dany? In those times killing other people, including women and children was sometimes necessary. Especially in jamies shoes. Imagine, if Bran told Robert? Cercei would be dead, so would tommen and myrcella which are both arounds brans age. Not to mention probably set off a war with Tywin lannister and result in the death of thousands of other innocents. Even if I had to make that decision, I would probably do what he did. A death of a boy > a death of thousands of other boys + my family name.

you think that way because your trying to view the story from a modern perspective. is pushing a little kid out of a window in order to protect your last name twisted in todays society? Yes, but so is 95% of all of the other things in the book. You say Robert is a drunk and an a-hole, so with Tywin, and this is true. But how come so many people love those 2 characters but hate jamie because he pushed a kid down a window. In my eyes, he is probably has more morals than both of the 2.

Also, if your judging things from a modern point of view, then which strong characters have honor in the series besides ned stark, robb stark, and dany? In those times killing other people, including women and children was sometimes necessary. Especially in jamies shoes. Imagine, if Bran told Robert? Cercei would be dead, so would tommen and myrcella which are both arounds brans age. Not to mention probably set off a war with Tywin lannister and result in the death of thousands of other innocents. Even if I had to make that decision, I would probably do what he did. A death of a boy > a death of thousands of other boys + my family name.
I'm viewing this from my perspective, I just happen to be living in modern times. I like fantasy and fiction and the story is great but I'm not going to change the way I think so I can fit in the times of a medieval fictional piece :lol:

I don't give a **** if a lot of ppl love Robert (wasn't aware of this) and Tywin (it's cuz he's scolding one other horrible person and when he does it to Tyrion ppl just root for him even more cuz even he has his vices). That has nothing to do with whether or not what certain characters do or say are good. This isn't an argument about who is more moral which is irrelvant given who you're choosing to compare Jaime to. Yes GoT has a lot of horrible and even good ppl doing terrible things that's not my point. I think you're confusing two separate things here. People can love Tywin or Jaime or even the Hound cuz they know this **** aint real. It's fiction. This is a story they're engaged with and they're along for the ride. In that same vein viewers can hate characters for those same reasons. It doesn't make what they actually do right or good in real life. I'm not saying in-story Jaime should never have done that, I'm saying he should die for it and I'm saying even in-story there is no justification for it, hence the sequence of events that led to war between the North and KL.

Just to be clear I don't give a **** about honor in the story or in modern times. That's most times just another dumb thing to die for when you hold yourself to principles you can't reasonably keep.

It doesn't matter if it was necessary. If it was revealed in the story right now that Jaime threw Bran out a window because he was upholding the honor of his house because he got caught committing incest to everyone he'd be crucified. So I don't know what ******ed logic your even getting this reasoning from. What Jaime did is not honorable. It's not understandable. It's only necessary because he's willing to do anything not to get caught and not further ruin his family's name. Everything he did in regards to what I'm talking about was because he lacked honor.

As far as the consequences for what you're trying to point to as a necessary act :rofl: Half of that has already come to pass. There is a war. Innocents have already died. Only exception is the children born from incest are not dead. Cersi deserves to die. So, so what if she does? Don't do the crime if you're not willing to suffer the consequences. The children dying would be up to King Robert but with Ned at his side he could've found away to send them back to Tywin unharmed, of course Tywin would've probably killed them once the truth was out so there's that. Incest children die, that's just how it is during those times. Also it is not some fact that Tywin would definitely go to war if it was proven that Cersi and Jaime committed incest and they and her children were killed for it. Even if he did, Tywin would lose. There's no way he'd stand against the King's army and the other banner houses backing him. Tywin had problems with Robb's men, he would not survive against them along with Stannis' army.

If you want to put yourself in Jaime's shoes go ahead. I'm saying off the jump he should've never put himself in that position but because he's an awful person for the most part or went down the path to become one he doesn't even care about those possible situations. He let his **** think for him and he got ****** in the *** for it. This isn't some time travel kill baby Hitler hypothetical. You're not saving lives by pushing a kid out a window to hide incest.

If you live your life by doing w/e you want no matter if it's right or wrong and then when put in a bind because of those reckless actions and then do things out of "necessity" you deserve whatever is coming to you cuz you put yourself in that position. What you're basically saying is if I got caught raping some chick it's okay if I kill the witness to get away with the crime :lol: and you're trying to put the location and time frame from the story (as if it wasn't a crime then like it is now) around that scenario to further justify those actions :smh:

Last edited:
The children dying would be up to King Robert but with Ned at his side he could've found away to send them back to Tywin unharmed
Ned did try to save the children, and in the end it screwed him over. He couldn't stop Robert from slaughtering the Targaryean babies, or from sending assassins to Daenerys, so he knew not to even bother try to convince Robert with Cersei's children.

ehh the only bad thing Jaime did was push bran out of the window. give him a break. Bran showed up mid coitus. My man Jaime wasnt thinking straight. Maybe if Bran wasnt being such a weirdo and climbing buildings, this wouldnt have happened

Last edited:
ehh the only bad thing Jaime did was push bran out of the window. give him a break. Bran showed up mid coitus. My man Jaime wasnt thinking straight. Maybe if Bran wasnt being such a weirdo and climbing buildings, this wouldnt have happened
If people don't wanna Jaime its one thing, blaming Bran really is completely farfetched.

Jaime also murked his cousin after he basically told him how much he admired and respected him lol. So can't say Bran was only bad thing.

Robert never killed any children though, he made sure that blood was on the hands of someone else.
I think Robert would have done it himself if he was there. Either way ordering it and doing it, not much a difference.

Even in season 1 when Ned was going to tell Robert about the incest children(before he came back from trip near death), he tried to help Cersei by telling her to get out of city with her children, so Robert wouldn't kill them.[/quote]

He didn't order it either. Tywin did it on his own to prove his loyalty to the crown being that he picked a side when the war was pretty much decided after the Trident. Robert knew that he couldn't leave a Targaryen heir to the throne around but he really didn't have a hand in that.

Is there any way I can view a map of where each scene was during the last episode? I have no idea where every one is geographically right now and it's bugging me.

jamie/brienne - harrenhal
rob/catelyn - riverrun
arya/gendry - somewhere near the two aforementioned in the riverlands
sansa/tyrion/tywin/litte finger/cersei etc. - kings landing
stannis/davos - dragonstone
john snow - north of the wall somehwhere between krasters keep and fist of the first men
danaerys - between astapor and yunkai

alot of infor here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/

Is there any way I can view a map of where each scene was during the last episode? I have no idea where every one is geographically right now and it's bugging me.
http://quartermaester.info/
Select by episode, and then current location only, and then select characters you want to know.

Heres and example:
View media item 388964Jon is way up north, north of the walll, Danerys way way east on a different continent.
Not sure if Arya locations is completely accurate, dunno if they actual revealed location but like TeamJordan said somewhere in riverlands

For non-bookreaders, careful with that one as it will be based off books, so a character or location page may contain spoilers.
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki use that one for information based off TV series w/o spoilers.

Back
Top Bottom