OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the original show ended on a good note, of course I’d be excited for this one
That's how I felt when I first learned of this prequel show, but then I thought about it logically. I liked GoT at the beginning and we all agree that it fell off at the end. Well a prequel show would obviously be before the beginning, when I liked it. Now I'm on board.

-foe

That's how I felt when I first learned of this prequel show, but then I thought about it logically. I like to GoT at the beginning and we all agree that it fell off at the end. Well a prequel show would obviously be before the beginning, when I liked it. Now I'm on board.

-foe
And I’m sure the new show will continue a lot of the elements that turned GOT into a phenomenon in the 1st place - action/violence, sex, unexpected plot twists, etc. Just doubtful it’s all gonna hit like it did with the 1st show

Last edited:
And I’m sure the new show will continue a lot of the elements that turned GOT into a phenomenon in the 1st place - action/violence, sex, unexpected plot twists, etc. Just doubtful it’s all gonna hit like it did with the 1st show

It's different people in charge now tho.

In theory, they learned from S8 tragedy and will likely not want to repeat that.

Is this based on any books? I'm not familiar with the books but if this show isn't based on books then yeah, color me skeptical. Once GoT didn't have anymore material it went way off the rails

In general spinoffs seem tricky to me so I don't have high hopes but will most definitely give it a fair chance

I want to be hyped for the new show, but I’m just not. Can’t exactly put my finger on why.

Same. The cluster**** that was Season 8 left a bad taste in my mouth for anything Game of Thrones related.

That said I will give this show a shot.

4 episodes. GoT crashed and burned to the ground in FOUR episodes. :lol:

6 ep S8, and after the first two eps, everyone was still hype, still on board, people were talking nonstop about it worldwide. In 4 eps, they completely destroyed everything. :lol: :rofl: :smh: :frown:

My fingers bled those 4 weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: **** man. I just don't get it.

Is this based on any books? I'm not familiar with the books but if this show isn't based on books then yeah, color me skeptical. Once GoT didn't have anymore material it went way off the rails

In general spinoffs seem tricky to me so I don't have high hopes but will most definitely give it a fair chance

yes it’s based on fire and blood….a targaryan history book…

4 episodes. GoT crashed and burned to the ground in FOUR episodes. :lol:

6 ep S8, and after the first two eps, everyone was still hype, still on board, people were talking nonstop about it worldwide. In 4 eps, they completely destroyed everything. :lol: :rofl: :smh: :frown:

My fingers bled those 4 weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: **** man. I just don't get it.

6A6FA925-4DE5-4B88-8513-275044F7F277.jpeg

They didn’t go with a single good theory that was floating out there. Because “fans would already expect it.”

D&D had the water boy head coach syndrome.

The cracks were starting to show as soon as the series got passed the books, but it was mostly stuff you could overlook/kind of laugh off.

Like, the episode in Season 7 when a few characters went from Westeros to North of the Wall where they kidnapped a Wight and then back to Westeros. All that happening in a single episode was ridiculous even by the show’s standards, but overall it was good content so whatever. LOL.

Nothing amusing about the flaws with Season 8.

The cracks were starting to show as soon as the series got passed the books, but it was mostly stuff you could overlook/kind of laugh off.

Like, the episode in Season 7 when a few characters went from Westeros to North of the Wall where they kidnapped a Wight and then back to Westeros. All that happening in a single episode was ridiculous even by the show’s standards, but overall it was good content so whatever. LOL.

Nothing amusing about the flaws with Season 8.
There were soooo many little cracks though. I can't even name them off top but the dialogue overall was rancid compared to what it was with the source material

That was the most noticeable/disappointing thing for me. It's just that the source material had the dialogue so perfect, consistent season to season

I couldn't really get past that tbh on top of the ridiculous plot turns and pointless side quests

I thought Season 6 was mediocre and Season 7 was bad too, just with enough :pimp: scenes around to think “ok fine, these episodes aren’t good, but maybe they’re showing flashes of what could be an epic ending”

Honestly, Tyrion turning into an idiot who keeps making penis jokes, Sand Snakes, Daenerys’ entire storyline after she goes from a hero to “I am the queen x 984848484848847” should’ve made me stop watching, but I was in denial. “There’s no way they’ve come this far to mess it up so badly”, as if I hadn’t gone through the same thing with Lost and Dexter :lol:

After reading the books before season 8, and realizing how much was left out of the show, the disappointment of season 8 was lessened because I had stopped considering it canon anyway. With that mind, my hype for HOD continues to grow.

I thought Season 6 was mediocre and Season 7 was bad too, just with enough :pimp: scenes around to think “ok fine, these episodes aren’t good, but maybe they’re showing flashes of what could be an epic ending”

Honestly, Tyrion turning into an idiot who keeps making penis jokes, Sand Snakes, Daenerys’ entire storyline after she goes from a hero to “I am the queen x 984848484848847” should’ve made me stop watching, but I was in denial. “There’s no way they’ve come this far to mess it up so badly”, as if I hadn’t gone through the same thing with Lost and Dexter :lol:
My exact thoughts. 6 and 7 was mid. 8 was just awful.

What’s worse is that this wasn’t an HBO problem. The show runners just quit because they had a Star Wars project. HBO wanted more episodes.

You probably feel the way I do. I want to give it a fair shot, but I just feel like “what is the point…even if the prequel has a good story, it’s still a prequel to a garbage show”

If the original show ended on a good note, of course I’d be excited for this one
It was a disgrace what they did. I never attempted to re-watch the show since then.

I was going through some angry Season 8 GOT reviews this morning for entertainment, and I happened to come across a YouTube video of Jon Snow convincing Tormund to go north of the wall. Then he goes into enemy territory knowing everyone there wants him dead, gives the whole speech about rallying together “even then it might not be enough but at least we’ll give the @$&$@& a fight”, and then the whole Hardhome sequence goes down…

Man that ***@ was :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: peak bravery and leadership. I remember when I first watched that years ago, I was like “damn I’d go through any battle with him no matter how impossible the odds are”.

Meanwhile end of the show Jon Snow is a completely different person :stoneface: made me think “nah he deserved getting stabbed to death”. Imagine fighting to the death and sacrificing tens of thousands of your men for someone you think is going to stand up for you and protect you, only for the dude to start simping for some tyrannical foreign ruler who doesn’t care about you AT ALL and whose only leadership quality is “it’s mine by right” OK. I’d want him dead as soon as possible for that level of betrayal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom