**Official Game Thread** New Album "Jesus Piece" out Dec. 11th!

probably the most surprising album of the year.
the production is insane. and this is extremely cohesive.

I loved it

So on "See No Evil"...he is def imitating BIG right???... That third verse especially.

Album is solid...prolly only cut a couple tracks out....starting with that weak intro with Meek

So on "See No Evil"...he is def imitating BIG right???... That third verse especially.
Album is solid...prolly only cut a couple tracks out....starting with that weak intro with Meek

I'm listening to this now as you posted this. Yea def imitating him.

The album is real nice :smokin Front to back its solid. Production is on point like always & the features delivered as well.

Can't stop playing the Jesus Piece track :nthat:

Last edited:
The album is real nice
smokin.gif
Front to back its solid. Production is on point like always & the features delivered as well.
Can't stop playing the Jesus Piece track
nthat.gif
you already have JESUS PIECE? i need games CD asap lol

Game's albums always delivers...funny cause i never check for him but i always grab his albums and i'm always surprised by how good it is...dudes mad consistant...

Game "Jesus Piece" Album Review — 5 out of 5 stars
Mon, 03 Dec 2012 06:35:37

Game takes rap to a divine place on his fifth album, Jesus Piece, out December 11. [iTunes link]

He does so by going back into the heart of the hood with all kinds of big questions in mind. Like any classic gangster flick where the protagonist contemplates faith—Mean Streets comes to mind—Jesus Piece relies on dichotomies. There's some vicious rhyming, illuminating how tight of an MC he truly is, but there are also some incredibly soulful hooks too, meant to stay stuck in your head. Ultimately, tempering bullet-ridden tales and redemptive prayers, Game unleashes his best work to date and a landmark for hip hop.

Ominous production shimmers at the beginning of "Scared Now" as the album's suicide doors open. Game fiercely fires off the verses as the hook "Who the ****'s scared now?" resounds. "Ali Bomaye" pairs up 2 Chainz and Rick Ross with our protagonist, sliding from a tribal beat and soul sample into one of the record's most massive choruses. "I like clubs where all the women working naked," declares 2 Chainz before Game rips, "I'm 'bout to rumble in the jungle".

Another standout, "Jesus Piece", sees Game and Kanye West reach another level of holy hip hop coronation. Handclaps stagger alongside piano as two of the 21st century's greatest MCs go toe-to-toe. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Fabolous, and Jeremih drop by for the sexy, sly "All That (Lady)". Weezy smirks, "We could make babies. Let's be creative".

Elsewhere, "Hallelujah" elegantly weaves blues and gospel into Game's contemplative rhymes as Jamie Foxx croons. Meanwhile, "Freedom" includes a call from Birdman in between lines like, "I know the concept behind it is gonna reach you".

That's the best part of Jesus Piece. It goes deeper for Game and for rap as a whole. With Jesus Piecearound your neck, you'll feel beyond good.

Can't wait to get this. Glad this and Big Boi's album come out on the same day, and I'll be listening to Big Boi's first cause, I keep hearing the phrase"he's going in a different direction" :smile:rolleyes), and I'll need to immediately listen to Game's to recover.

Not gassing at all, this is the 2nd best rap album i've heard this year (behind GKMC). I don't even care about all the features, none of them were truly bad. Beats are way on point, might be 1 or 2 songs that are filler,
Ali Bomaye :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/160216/[/quote]

ehhh idk i still think life is good gets the album of the year.

Back
Top Bottom