OFFICIAL Green Bay Packers @ New England Patriots --- Sunday Night Football

It's official...

The Packers on Saturday ruled QB Aaron Rodgers out for Green Bay's Sunday night game at the New England Patriots.
The Packers had listed Rodgers as doubtful to play against the Patriots a week after he suffered his second concussion of the season, and there was some hope Friday that Rodgers might be able to play, when the star quarterback was noticeably alert and upbeat as he walked across the locker room after the Packers' practice.

Asked Friday if he might play at New England, Rodgers didn't say a word but flashed a smile and shrugged his shoulders. His streak of starting 47 straight games (including the playoffs) will come to an end.

Rodgers didn't practice this week, but coach Mike McCarthy had said Friday the Pro Bowl player is progressing in his recovery from the head injury that knocked him out of the loss at Detroit last Sunday.

Backup QB Matt Flynn will make his first NFL start.

Rodgers suffered his first concussion in an overtime loss at Washington on Oct. 10. He was cleared to return to practice four days later and made the start in Green Bay's next game.

After having one of their top players afflicted by multiple concussions in a short time frame, McCarthy said the Packers changed out Rodgers' helmet this week to one that provides better protection for his head.

To add another quarterback to the active roster, Green Bay signed Graham Harrell, a first-year player from Texas Tech, off the practice squad. In a corresponding move, the team put safety Anthony Smith on injured reserve.

I ain't mad but I wanted to see how our defense would play vs. Rodgers and co...the more tests in reg. season, the better going forward. Oh well.
Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I will be in attendance freezing to death in a drunken haze.
X2Gonna have to drink the pain away with Mr Flynn as our QB.Hardy har har
Chill on that 4Loko bro.
laugh.gif

Something tells me the Pack will get steamrolled in this game.  I think the loss last week will totally demoralize them.

Something tells me the Pack will get steamrolled in this game.  I think the loss last week will totally demoralize them.

laugh.gif

Illo- you know I'm gonna have to go hard...I just landed in boston too...there were actually sports pack fans on my flight surprisingly...

Anyway if the game gets boring y'all can look for me...I'm row 8 right in between the goal posts, towards the open end of the field...I'll be in yellow so it shouldn't be that hardto see me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Illo- you know I'm gonna have to go hard...I just landed in boston too...there were actually sports pack fans on my flight surprisingly...

Anyway if the game gets boring y'all can look for me...I'm row 8 right in between the goal posts, towards the open end of the field...I'll be in yellow so it shouldn't be that hardto see me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjd77

Perhaps our ProBowl qaurterback being out is whats telling you we are going to get steam rolled 
laugh.gif

This sucks 
tired.gif

Grant Finley Barnett Burnett etc etc. then our friggin pro bowl qaurterback. I cant take this *%@% anymore I need to read NikeTalk's rules.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Perhaps our ProBowl qaurterback being out is whats telling you we are going to get steam rolled 
laugh.gif

This sucks 
tired.gif

Grant Finley Barnett Burnett etc etc. then our friggin pro bowl qaurterback. I cant take this *%@% anymore I need to read NikeTalk's rules.

laugh.gif
at the media on this game... Apparently Green Bay shouldn't even bother taking the field tonight... Tom Brady is the GOD of all Gods... Matt Flynn is the worst backup QB in the NFL...

Such a joke.

laugh.gif
at the media on this game... Apparently Green Bay shouldn't even bother taking the field tonight... Tom Brady is the GOD of all Gods... Matt Flynn is the worst backup QB in the NFL...

Such a joke.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

Such a joke.
30t6p3b.gif

do these morons not remember that cleveland was only 6 weeks ago? stuff like that pisses me off, especially in a year like this year, where upsets happen left and right....

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

Such a joke.
30t6p3b.gif

do these morons not remember that cleveland was only 6 weeks ago? stuff like that pisses me off, especially in a year like this year, where upsets happen left and right....

indifferent.gif
at Warren Sapp talkin about this game... "Might have to use the Mercy rule for the first time in NFL history." Really dude? Green Bay has given up 14.5 PPG this year. #1 in the NFL. I don't expect to win this game but these guys on TV have me worked up about this ###$ like its a NFCN rival game.

Usually I don't get mad at what these dudes on TV say but this ###$ puttin me over the edge.

indifferent.gif
at Warren Sapp talkin about this game... "Might have to use the Mercy rule for the first time in NFL history." Really dude? Green Bay has given up 14.5 PPG this year. #1 in the NFL. I don't expect to win this game but these guys on TV have me worked up about this ###$ like its a NFCN rival game.

Usually I don't get mad at what these dudes on TV say but this ###$ puttin me over the edge.

These fans are already annoying the +#%+ outta me...

I mean they just come up to me and talk +#%+ and I'm
Just minding my own business...whatever tho....

And 1 four loko down...
laugh.gif

These fans are already annoying the +#%+ outta me...

I mean they just come up to me and talk +#%+ and I'm
Just minding my own business...whatever tho....

And 1 four loko down...
laugh.gif

The defense is gonna step up. Sam Shields is going to have a kick return to the house. And James Starks goes crazy and runs all over the pats making him this new up and coming star.

I've never felt better about anything in my life...lol. Watch.

Seriously though do you guys think Capers is gonna throw a crazy amount of blitz packages at Brady? We're gonna need to do something on D if we have a chance to win this game, and I know New York gave Brady fits when they were blitzing him.

The defense is gonna step up. Sam Shields is going to have a kick return to the house. And James Starks goes crazy and runs all over the pats making him this new up and coming star.

I've never felt better about anything in my life...lol. Watch.

Seriously though do you guys think Capers is gonna throw a crazy amount of blitz packages at Brady? We're gonna need to do something on D if we have a chance to win this game, and I know New York gave Brady fits when they were blitzing him.

Back
Top Bottom