OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

We're not landing CP3. I refuse to get my hopes up. these trade rumors are going to drive me crazy all year long...

Let's be real, Paul is going to the clips over us. No big deal, I think he is overrated. I want to see close to a year with Curry and Monta under Coach Jackson before moving either of them. We need another team player, defender, who won't make mistakes.

If I was drawing up the Warriors board:
1. Tayshaun Prince
2. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

3. Centers to work out, try to find a diamond in the rough who will want to take Beidrins playing time, but not cost too much:
Alexis Ajinca
Hilton Armstrong
Greg Oden
Chris Wilcox
Jason Smith
Josh McRoberts

We don't want to get over excited and spend too much money on guys who are old or not worth it.

looking through our line-up, I realize we need a veteran in the locker room. It's not a good sign when Beidrins and Dorrell Wright are the most experienced guys on the club. This is why I really, really, think T. Prince would be a great addition to the warriors.

^get over it.
I think they should work out all the guys I named and signed who ever seems like they will push Andris the most. I don't think our big man answer is on the board this year. I am all about seeing what we got in year one under Jackson. Maybe Andris is the guy we've been looking for.

I think we should spend on a veteran who can be our sixth man for the next 3-4 years (i.e. Prince), help bring veteran leadership and whatnot. I don't think there is a big man available that fits that category. We should sign a big man who is an 8th-9th guy of the bench like Chris Wilcox or preferably one of those youngish players I named who want to prove the mself. 

Honestly, I'm scared we will sign Tyson and he will lay an egg on us.

Paul overrated...

signing Prince or M&M...

those garbage players you listed as "diamonds in the rough"...

laugh.gif

Close
Loading …
Clips, Warriors, Celtics in Paul trade talks
Adrian Wojnarowski

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 6 hours, 19 minutes ago

* tweet216
* Email
* Print

As the New Orleans Hornets push closer to making a decision on where to trade Chris Paul(notes), the All-Star point guard has indicated the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors could significantly raise their chances of keeping him beyond this season if they also sign center Tyson Chandler(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday.

Paul hasn’t promised he would re-sign with one of those teams following the 2011-12 season if they acquired Chandler, but league sources said Chandler could make a significant difference in ultimately swaying Paul to commit to a long-term deal.
More From Adrian Wojnarowski

* NBA teams to open camps Friday Dec 6, 2011
* Free-agent buzz: Players seek way out of China Dec 5, 2011

The Hornets could make a decision where to trade Chris Paul before training camps open.
(NBAE/Getty Images)

Three teams in pursuit of Paul believe the Hornets will push for final offers – and make a decision – by the start of training camp on Friday, front-office sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Clippers’ and Warriors’ packages are the most intriguing to New Orleans general manager Dell Demps, league sources said.

So far, talks between the Hornets and Los Angeles Lakers have gathered little, if any, traction, sources said. The Boston Celtics remain aggressive in their pursuit of Paul and held discussions with New Orleans on Tuesday.

The Hornets were significantly engaged in talks with the Clippers in talks on Tuesday, but the Clippers have shown no desire to meet Chandler’s request for a contract starting at more than $12 million a year, sources said. The Clippers are worried about an ability to pay significant money to Blake Griffin(notes), Eric Gordon(notes), Paul and Chandler over the long term.

[ Related: Orlando billboard campaigns for Chris Paul trade ]

The Clippers would have to include 23-year-old restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan(notes) in a package to get Paul, along with forward Al-Farouq Aminu(notes), guard Eric Bledsoe(notes) and the 2012 first-round pick they acquired from the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Clippers are more attractive to Paul than the Warriors or Boston Celtics, because of the chance to be paired with Griffin and Gordon. Golden State has been aggressive in its pursuit of Chandler independent of Paul, but the Warriors don’t have as appealing a supporting cast for Paul. The Warriors’ offer for Paul is centered around Stephen Curry(notes) and rookie guard Klay Thompson(notes).

The Hornets consider the Clippers and Warriors to have the most desirable trade assets, but Paul has been hesitant to commit to signing a contract extension to remain with either team unless they surround him with enough talent. Paul’s ultimate hope has been a long-term pairing with Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard(notes), but Paul did play three seasons with Chandler in New Orleans, where they came within a game of reaching the 2008 Western Conference finals.

[Y! Sports Shop: Buy gear of your favorite NBA team]

As constituted, the Hornets prefer the Clippers and Warriors packages, but were still discussing several scenarios with the Celtics – including third-team trade possibilities and sign-and-trade money for restricted free agent forward Jeff Green(notes). The Hornets prefer Curry to Rajon Rondo(notes), sources said, but a third team could sweeten the Celtics package beyond the core of Rondo and Green.

The Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks also have aggressively pursued Paul. Dallas remains a long shot in the talks, but has been canvassing other teams for players that would interest the Hornets.

The Rockets would offer some combination of Kevin Martin(notes), Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola(notes), Patrick Paterson and draft picks. The Clippers are intriguing to the Hornets because of the possibility of the emerging young Jordan, who would likely receive a $45 million-$50 million, five-year contract in a sign-and-trade deal.

If the Clippers don’t trade for Paul, they will try to ultimately sell him on signing with them as a free agent in July, with the allure of Jordan on a less expensive long-term deal than they would have to pay Chandler now.

Yahoo! Sports NBA reporter Marc J. Spears contributed to this report.

Maybe you think we can turn into a win now team instantly (I dont). I think Curry, Udoh and Klay Thompson for Paul would overrate Paul in my eyes. That is mortgaging our future right there, esp with no guarantee he's gonna sign an extension. Plus, who is going to play with Paul? David Lee catching his ally oops? Yeah, right.

We won't get him. He might use us to drive up the Clippers offer for him, but we won't get him. The Warriors must be patient.

get over that haterade ur sippin and step up. How would you improve the Warriors?

Straight up: My ideas for the improving the Ws are better than yours because you haven't suggested anything, besides cosigning an unrealistic, near-sighted trade.

Of course I would love a top 10 player like Paul on my team, but this isn't fantasy basketball and you have to consider the personal already on our team + financial feasibility.

MT shut me up.

[h2]http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/12/06/why-the-warriors-should-not-trade-curry-for-cp3/[/h2]
[h2]Why the Warriors Should NOT Trade Curry for CP3[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 at 8:39 pm in Uncategorized.

Chris Paul is the best point guard in the NBA for my money. Has been for years. He would make the Warriors better instantly. Since getting him would require landing Tyson Chandler — Woj of Yahoo! Sports reported that CP3 might consider the Warriors if they land Tyson Chandler, who Paul had great chemistry with in New Orleans a few years ago — the Warriors would instantly become a playoff team.

It’s not going to happen. It’s titillating, no doubt, the thought of landing a player of Chris Paul’s caliber. But it’s a pipe dream. Paul will not sign with the Warriors. He wants out of New Orleans because he’s tired of being the main act in a two-act team. Like his friend LeBron James, Paul wants to win a championship or at least compete for one ASAP. So why would he sign a long-term deal with the Warriors? He won’t. And if he doesn’t, I’m told there is no way the Warriors give up Stephen Curry for him.

But, for the sake of conversation, let’s just say Chris Paul says he would sign with the Warriors. Let’s say the Warriors sign Tyson Chandler and now CP3 is on board.

The Warriors should not pull the trigger. As much as I love Chris Paul, there are several reasons that would not be a good trade for Golden State.

* Let’s look at the numbers.

Chis Paul       15.8 points, 9.8 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 2.4 steals, 2.21 turnovers

Steph Curry 18.6 points, 5.8 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 3.05 turnovers

Safe to say CP3 has the better numbers, which makes sense considering he’s the better player. But let’s look at another number.

Chris Paul     $16.36 million

Steph Curry $3.12 million

Is Paul $13 million better than Curry?

The Warriors will get better at the point guard position if you replace Curry with Chris Paul. But will they get that much better to justify spending $13 million more at the same position?

Certainly, Curry will command big money at some point. But it won’t be what Paul is set to get (a max deal or close to it). And Curry has two more seasons under his rookie contract.

* That’s not all Chris Paul would cost. A couple of sources have told me the Warriors’ offer includes Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh. So in addition to a huge pay raise at the PG slot, the Warriors would have to give up their last two lottery picks.

The Hornets would have to take another contract with Curry and/or they’d only get one of my young talents.  Curry, Klay and Biedrins is a lot easier to swallow. For the Warriors to eat lots more salary, give up young players and not get salary relief — isn’t that too much?

* How is Chris Paul’s knee? That’s a lot of money if he’s lost a step.

* In addition to Paul’s huge salary, the Warriors will have Tyson Chandler’s fat deal, which I’m now told the Warriors would do good if they got him to start at $12 million. They will have David Lee’s fat deal. They will have Monta Ellis’ considerably large fat deal. They can waive Biedrins through the amnesty, but next season you’d be looking at well over $50 million for CP3, Chandler, Lee and Ellis – maybe closer to $60 million.

That team is better. It gets you in the playoffs. But how far? It would have to be a championship core considering the Warriors would be near or over the tax.

The Warriors would almost have to trade someone else. Monta is the most likely, and I’d still want to pilfer Chicago’s roster.

* CP3 and Monta together is dangerous. Of course, the Warriors could trade Monta for the best offer they can get. But if they don’t, their backcourt would feature two players who MUST have the ball. Curry has the skills to play off the ball, giving Monta time to dominate the rock.

What happens when Mark Jackson, a true point guard, gets Chris Paul, the best point guard in the game? Monta gets pushed off the ball permanently. I once thought he could work off the ball, as he did with Baron. I currently believe those days are long gone. Monta is too used to being the man here. I don’t see that going well. And CP3 has the credibility to bark back at Monta, unlike anyone currently on the team. He won’t defer like Curry. A Monta-CP3 backcourt has chemistry issues written all over it.

* How long before Chris Paul wants out? He clearly wants to win a title. The Warriors, even with him, don’t figure to be close for years. In two or three years, will he be vying to get to New York? Will he clash with the coach, or the front office, or whisper trade demands on the low?

Again, I love Chris Paul. Best PG in the league. But there are risks to getting him. Perhaps enough to make it a bad move for the Warriors.

^MT dropping truth. When you really consider the personal already on our team + financial feasibility: trading for CP3 is an overrated move, I do not think we should do it unless we are talking a full overhaul, meaning: cutting Lee, building a team around CP3, probably trading Monta. That could be cool, but I just don't see that happening. It's too risky and not really warrented. I believe we are 4 years away from buliding a contender. we can't make stupid moves: like signing Chandler for too much money.
Go Warriors!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That article does make a good case not to make a deal. At the same time, any team that wants to compete for a title must have at least one superstar on their team, or a collection of stars. CP3 is one of those guys. Curry probably won't be there one day- he has the potential but at the same time it's unlikely he'll ever be as good as Chris Paul. It's a very tough decision.

I honestly think Curry/Udoh/Thompson is a pretty fair trade for CP3. If there's any way to take Udoh or Thompson out and replace them with filler, I'd like it even more, but I think it's what you should expect to give up.

Originally Posted by acidicality

That article does make a good case not to make a deal. At the same time, any team that wants to compete for a title must have at least one superstar on their team, or a collection of stars. CP3 is one of those guys. Curry probably won't be there one day- he has the potential but at the same time it's unlikely he'll ever be as good as Chris Paul. It's a very tough decision.

I honestly think Curry/Udoh/Thompson is a pretty fair trade for CP3. If there's any way to take Udoh or Thompson out and replace them with filler, I'd like it even more, but I think it's what you should expect to give up.

i wouldnt say that

Why would you trade 3-4 players, including Curry or Monta, for a guy who more than likely wouldn't even consider re-signing with you?

It's hard to say. If the Warriors really believe Curry can be that good one day, they wouldn't make this trade, or even consider it.

I'm for making the trade, because of what the best case scenario could be...

I think CP3 is a stud, albeit, a whiny little %@%*# version of one...

But, injury concerns and the fact that our roster still, even with him, isn't even remotely good enough to compete in the playoffs. So, I feel, the best situation isn't even THAT good because we'd still be years away with no guarantee he'd be around.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Why would you trade 3-4 players, including Curry or Monta, for a guy who more than likely wouldn't even consider re-signing with you?
This. Which is why it puzzles me to no end. Luckily, Paul is looking to go to the Clips, via realgm.

if we can get chandler for 3 years 33 mil, i'd say do it. If he wants any more than that, I don't know if that would screw us over with the new cap rules.

PG: Curry /
SG: Monta/ Thompson /
SF: Wright/ Thompson
PF: Lee/ Ekpe/ Amundson
C: Chandler/ Biedrins / Jeremy Tyler

ehhh, still needs work.
---------------------
If I was the GM, i'd try signing Dalembert and T. Prince.

PG: Curry / Tayshaun Prince
SG: Monta/ Thompson 
SF: Wright/Thompson/ Tayshaun Prince
PF: Lee/ Ekpe/ Amundson
C: Samuel Dalembert / Biedrins / Jeremy Tyler

I feel like a team built like this could begin to contend with the right coach and the continued development of the curry/monta duo. In the long run, we need a young/healthy C. (3 years ago, I thought Biedrins was going to be that guy)

I read somewhere Chandler wants 15 mil/yr (?)...not sure, but either way, he's definitely getting more than 3/33. If the W's sign him it's a foregone conclusion Biedrins is amnestied.

Back
Top Bottom