OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

^I didn't get to see too many Dalembert games last season. Honestly, I think he will sign with a more established team.

What we need is a presence to go next to Lee. Biedrins is the opposite of a presence. Roy Hibbert would be ideal, but no way we can pry him from Indy.

This guy has to be related to thapointguy
laugh.gif

Tayshaun can play the 1-3, even sometimes the 4 depending. Obviously, he wouldn't be the back-up PG, but he could slide through the line-up as a versatile swingman.

It seems like offbad is sippin on that haterade too. need a hug?

I'm just throwing ideas out there to help our team out. What sort of ideas have you contributed? Straight up hatin with no substance / it makes u sound like ur from socal.

My take:

1) Amnesty hangs in the air, because of that, it's very difficult in trying to hypothesize who we should get/go after
2) Remember, the salary cap is going down a bit this year
3) I don't like the idea of trading 3-4 for 1+filler(s) because it's not going to put us in any different of a situation except maybe free agency earlier
4) We're at such a lack of depth that we need middle tier guys and forget any type of big move, this year
5) I don't want to overpay for a T.Prince guy; I do concede he'd probably be a good defender under Jackson for us though which is a benefit
6) Centers will always command a premium, even if they're aren't well skilled or elite. So we amnesty Biedrins and pay $13m for Tyson Chandler?? Yeah he was key for Dallas, but we're not Dallas and he's injury prone....that scares me, a lot.

nah man i'm sipping on a thing called "not being filled with delusions of grandeur"-- something you've seemingly not been acquainted with.

you act like throwing out as much #%$# as possible is contributing ideas.
here's something that's probably a foreign concept to you: @$++!% ideas <<<<< no ideas.

i think the last thing the warriors need to be doing is playing a PG/SG shuffle. i'd rather they focus on grabbing a center, and not an injury-prone one like tyson chandler.

LazyJ10-
4) We're at such a lack of depth that we need middle tier guys and forget any type of big move, this year
I agree with this 100%. We don't want to force something if it's not a great move for the team long term.

5) I don't want to overpay for a T.Prince guy; I do concede he'd probably be a good defender under Jackson for us though which is a benefit
I dont even know how much T. PRince will cost. I'm curious, thinking ~6-8 a year.

6) Centers will always command a premium, even if they're aren't well skilled or elite. So we amnesty Biedrins and pay $13m for Tyson Chandler?? Yeah he was key for Dallas, but we're not Dallas and he's injury prone....that scares me, a lot.
Signing Chandler and cutting Biedrins doesn't really make sense to me. It'd be cool to see both of them on the court. Chandler might be able to invigorate Andris.

offbad-
Who put u in charge, made u tha niketalk-Stalin?

You: If you dont have a good idea, dont say anything! Oh and I define what a good idea is!

hi hater!
That sounds like BS to me bruh. keep on hatin. I'm just enjoying myself, throwing out ideas. Stop takin this ++$! so seriously, realtalk.

Go WArriors!

you don't have to be "in charge" to be able to comprehend what a good idea is, and what a stupid one is.

sure man, keep "enjoying yourself" and posting whatever "ideas" you have.
while you're at it, keep taking online criticism personally as well.

you know you can't defend your ideas when you have to resort to name-calling. congrats.

Paul
Gay
Wright
Lee
Chandler

No bench... Never going to happen, but that starting 5 is legit.

But Id also be fine with

Curry
Monta
Prince
Lee
Chandler

bigtimejerky wrote:
Curry
Monta
Prince
Lee
Chandler

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  that is a playoff team. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 wonder if they could afford TC and Prince.

offbad's contributions to this post = none / nothing / nada.

Yall sleeping

@MSteinmetzCSN
Matt Steinmetz
@RattoCSN If Joe Lacob wants to acquire Chris Paul tomorrow, he can do so..

Posted yesterday at 11:30 PM !$%

I am 100% in favor of making this trade. Why the f*** not?

We have been stuck in this cycle for far too long. So we dont make the trade, we amnesty Biedrins, overpay Chandler....what do we have? Maaaaybe the 8th seed and probably swept in the first round? And then what? We get marginally better the year after and maybe we are the 7th seed and dont get swept but still lose? This team is not anywhere close to winning a championship with the way its currently constructed. Lets roll the dice for once!!! See if we can use this short offseason and season to convince Paul to stay. We have MANY ways of clearing cap space (amnesty clause on Lee, trading Andris, etc) to extend him an bring in another high valued free agent...yeah you know who I am talking about.
laugh.gif

Bottom line is, if you guys are content with being a marginal playoff team for the foreseeable future, fine. But if you want to roll the dice and the stars align for us, we could build ourselves an elite team. And if it doesnt work out and we are back at square one again? Who cares? At least we went for it. We are far closer to being back at square one right now than being a championship contender anyways. So why not roll the dice?

Pipe dream? Most likely. But its more realistic than expecting a parade in Oakland anytime in the near future anyway.

^co-sign

Also, in the new CBA, we can pay CP3 a lot more compared to another team, which does help our chances of re-signing him. And besides, I do feel a starting 5 of CP3/Monta/Dorrell/Lee/Chandler could do damage and be very competitive. Add a few more pieces to it, and the sky's the limit...

I think we are the ideal trading partner for NO- I feel if Lacob wants to do it, it can be done. Curry fits in perfectly with everything they would want to get for Chris Paul.

If he doesn't re-sign, Stern will just fix the lottery for us the year after
laugh.gif

Acid, what you just wrote is completely feasible. But what if we take it a step further? We dont sign Chandler and we amnesty Lee. Sure we wont be very good in 2011-12 but it creates a TON of cap space right. Then you hope Chris Paul can make Andris look like an NBA player, then trade him for expiring contracts. And then couldnt you bring in Dwight Howard from a financial possibility? I mean doesnt putting together Paul, Monta and Howard with other role players and veterans make the Warriors a championship contender? And doesnt this get accomplished in a very short window of time?

Lets look at the flipside. We pass on the trade. Curry continues to develop, and the Warriors continue to improve. We wont be getting much help in terms of draft picks in the near future. With the way the roster is currently constructed...and lets even say we add Chandler to it......Does this squad have a chance to win a title in the next decade? Very doubtful. Best case scenario, we are a top 5 team in the west in the next 5 years. Worst case scenario, we are still a slightly below playoff level team for the foreseeable future.

The way I see it, is you trade for Paul and hope we can mastermind a way to keep him happy and build an elite team. I know Paul and Howard would be a longshot and a pipe dream.....but if I asked you a week ago if Chris Paul on the Warriors was a longshot an a pipe dream, you would have said yes. Now its apparently so realistic, all Lacob would have to do is nod his head in approval.  And if we make the trade, Paul bolts at the end of the season, we dont sign Dwight, then where does that put us?  Back at square one.  But like I said in a previous post, we are pretty close to square one now.  So really, why the f*** not?

Spoiler [+]
GoldenState_Small_fix_medium.png

I was working the numbers earlier, and it'd be damn hard to get Tyson Chandler in my eyes. It's not bias talking here, it's numbers. Hear me out.

I'm working off HoopsHype and their salaries, with the projected cap at 58 million.

As currently situated, the Warriors sit at 49 million, giving them 9 million dollars of wiggle room. For arguments sake, say they amnesty Biedrins, that's 18 million to wiggle with.

And then say they trade away Curry, Udoh, and Klay. That's ~ another 6.5 million to save, let's round up to 7 for arguments sake. That's 25 million in space without talking about the Hornet's contracts.

Do you think they just trade Paul? I kind of doubt it. They may want the Warriors to tack on one of their bad contracts. Maybe, maybe not.

Regardless of that point, Chris Paul's contract is 16.5 million this year. That leaves 8.5 million for Tyson Chandler to sign.

Question is, do they sign Tyson before or after the trade is made? We could see another Baron Davis/Elton Brand where they think they're going to team up, but wait, last minute there's a switch-a-roo because Dallas suddenly decides to offer 15 million a year.

If they sign Tyson before the deal is made, then that gives Warriors a little more wiggle room, but that would cost them probably 12 million, bringing them upto 52 million in cap space before the trade (assuming again they amnesty Biedrins).

Then that would work bringing in Paul post-Tyson.

But what if Dallas comes and offers said 15-million dollar deal?

In other words, I'm not saying it's impossible, but everything has to go right in order for this to go down like the Warriors are speculating it might.

The good thing is, apparently the Mavericks are trying to save money for 2012, where they'd have room to bring in a superstar, which I'm totally against, but that's a different story for another day.
laugh.gif

Personally I still think the more attractive offer is LAC. Get a good young big, a good young PG, and that Minnesota pick is huge. That's three young, great pieces right there. Curry is the best prospect of all those being discussed, but is it better than an LAC package? That's the multi-million dollar question.

Originally Posted by offbad

tayshaun prince, backup PG...
laugh.gif

truly you are saying things just to say them.
I agree. I remember Tayshaun playing PG in the playoffs ONE TIME, and that was because it was a matchup thing. I doubt he can handle it on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by WILLd540

What we need is a presence to go next to Lee. Biedrins is the opposite of a presence. Roy Hibbert would be ideal, but no way we can pry him from Indy.
With projected cap room if we amnesty Lee next year, we can offer Hibbert a lot of money... money that Indiana might not want to match. Would that be overpaying for Hibbert? Maybe. It all depends on what that number is that Indiana does not want to match. What I'm saying is that it's not out of the question.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by offbad

tayshaun prince, backup PG...
laugh.gif

truly you are saying things just to say them.
I agree. I remember Tayshaun playing PG in the playoffs ONE TIME, and that was because it was a matchup thing. I doubt he can handle it on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by WILLd540

With projected cap room if we amnesty Lee next year, we can offer Hibbert a lot of money... money that Indiana might not want to match. Would that be overpaying for Hibbert? Maybe. It all depends on what that number is that Indiana does not want to match. What I'm saying is that it's not out of the question.

This.

whats the best way of getting single game tickets?

im on the website and it says available today at 10:00am

japanair, steph curry is better than deandre jordan, bledsoe, and the pick combined.

matter a fact i think jordan is kinda overrated.

Originally Posted by dland24

Bottom line is, if you guys are content with being a marginal playoff team for the foreseeable future, fine. But if you want to roll the dice and the stars align for us, we could build ourselves an elite team. And if it doesnt work out and we are back at square one again? Who cares? At least we went for it. We are far closer to being back at square one right now than being a championship contender anyways. So why not roll the dice?
We wouldn't be back to "square one" because we would have traded Curry away. Curry is the one that most people want to build around.

Did anybody get the presale password? They said they were going to sent it, but I haven't got it yet
ohwell.gif
Nevermind, they posted it on facebook.  Upper level tickets to the Lakers game are $72 a ticket
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

A little self-promotion for the KNBR blog. Haha. Now that I read this page, oddly similar to what dland posted.
Quick Thoughts on Potential Chris Paul Trade

Some people have asked me what I thought about the potential Chris Paul trade, so I just wanted to jot down some quick thoughts. If the trade seems imminent or comes to fruition, I will go more in-depth.

There are nine players in this league that can be the best player on a championship team. In no order:

1. LeBron James

2. Dwyane Wade

3. Kevin Durant

4. Kobe Bryant

5. Derrick Rose

6. Dwight Howard

7. Dirk Nowitzki

8. Deron Williams

9. Chris Paul

If you don’t have one of those nine players, your chances of winning a title are slim to none. 9 out of 450 players. Two are on the same team. The Warriors have a chance to acquire one of those nine.

Given the scarcity of this elite class, the Warriors have to go for it. It’s a risk. By next summer, the Warriors might not have Chris Paul or Stephen Curry on their roster.

But go for it. Why the hell not? What’s the opportunity cost?

If you don’t trade for Chris Paul, the Warriors will improve incrementally with their core of Curry, Ellis, and Lee. If they add Tyson Chandler, they’re a playoff team. But that’s it. That team plateaus at a 7 or 8 seed and a 1st round exit. The end road is mediocrity.

If you do the trade for Chris Paul, worst case scenario the Warriors don’t have Paul or Curry next season. They then go into full rebuild mode, try to acquire that franchise player through the draft, and hope for an Oklahoma City-like outcome.

I prefer the second scenario because 1) at least the Warriors can say they gave it a damn shot, and 2) I’d rather the Warriors try to become a contender through the draft than rolling with this current core and be stuck in the doldrums of mediocrity.

(Tangent: The elite players in the NBA are easily the most underpaid stars in any sport. Matt Kemp had an MVP caliber season and was rewarded with an 8-year, $160M contract. The Dodgers were barely over .500. If you put Dwight Howard on any team in the league, they become a playoff team. He will make $17.9M this season. LeBron James, the only subtraction from the Cavaliers team with the best record in the NBA two seasons in a row (besides Shaq’s decaying corpse), won 19 games after his departure. The Cavaliers franchise also decreased in value by $250M.)

—-

I scoffed at the Allen Iverson to the Warriors rumors and I never thought the Kevin Garnett trade would come to fruition, but I’m taking these Chris Paul rumors seriously.

By all accounts, Joe Lacob wants to win and is unwilling to be complacent. Jerry West mentioned multiple times in his introductory interview that you have to take risks.

Given those two components, it seems that this trade might actually have legs.

http://bit.ly/tG4zDd

Back
Top Bottom