OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

You can look at it like that. I choose to look at it like a prized trading piece that was wasted for a 2 month rental and we didn't even get a pick out of the deal.
Enough about baseball though.

I'm hoping to go into work tomorrow and steal a paycheck just like everyone on the Warriors did tonight. 

Just don't roll an ankle or sprain a foot ligament.

I was a Mets fan growing up, trust me...you won't look back at this with regret. Welcome back.

[h3]Warriors Would Want More For Ellis Than Lopez[/h3]
Feb 29, 2012 9:46 AM EST

Lopez_Brook_njn_091113.jpg
According to sources with the Warriors, there is little to the trade rumors involving Monta Ellis going to the Nets for Brook Lopez.

Sources that spoke with Marcus Thompson said the Warriors would want more than Lopez in exchange for Ellis.

Golden State still believes they have a shot to acquire Dwight Howard.

Howard has made it clear that he is not interested in playing for the Warriors long-term.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Want_More_For_Ellis_Than_Lopez#ixzz1nnUEmYQm

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

they want more for an undersized combo guard?

you make that trade
I like Monta and all, but a good center is what we need right now...and forever. Wish they would pull the trigger.

Warriors might actually be decent if we make that deal.

PG - Steph
SG - Klay
SF - Wright
PF - Lee
C - Lopez

Maybe have us throw in Beidrins and Nets add Morrow to the deal.

Not a Warriors fan. But if you could unload Biendris' contract in that trade it would be perfect.

$9million is like $6million too much for him.

But at least Kwame is gone after this year.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Warriors might actually be decent if we make that deal.

PG - Steph
SG - Klay
SF - Wright
PF - Lee
C - Lopez

Maybe have us throw in Beidrins and Nets add Morrow to the deal.
Are the Nets really that stupid to take up Bean's contract and give us Morrow? Sounds unlikely.

Good win...

Warriors are stubborn with their trade chips. I would love to have Dwight (as does everyone else
laugh.gif
), and they obviously need to go all-out to get him. But if it's clear that that can't be done, and there's another option like Lopez (or Bogut perhaps) available, they need to pull the trigger...

Bogut is much too injury prone (even if by bad luck). I am inclined to believe his defensive mindedness makes him a Skiles favorite in MIL, and I don't know why they'd even want to part with him.

I don't see why GSW wouldn't trade Ellis for Brooke Lopez though, even if she doesn't like to rebound. Lopez is only 24, and how often does a good center show up compared to a scoring 2-guard.

[table][tr][td]G[/td][td]
Rajon Rondo

(Bos - G)
keeper_indicator.gif

[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]
Luke Ridnour

(Min - G)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]F[/td][td]
Gordon Hayward

(Uta - G,F)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]F[/td][td]
Kawhi Leonard

(SA - G,F) INJ
[/td][/tr][tr][td]C[/td][td]
Marc Gasol

(Mem - C)
keeper_indicator.gif

[/td][/tr][tr][td]Util[/td][td]
James Johnson

(Tor - F)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td]
Ben Gordon

(Det - G)
Anderson Varejao

(Cle - F,C)
keeper_indicator.gif
INJ
Danny Granger

(Ind - F)
keeper_indicator.gif

Baron Davis

(NY - G)
Al Horford

(Atl - F,C)
keeper_indicator.gif
INJ
Carlos Delfino

(Mil - G,F)
[/td][/tr][/table][h5]
[/h5][table][tr][td]Scoring Type:[/td] [td] Head-to-Head [/td][/tr][tr][td]Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:[/td] [td] 50 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Max Trades for Entire Season[/td] [td] No maximum [/td][/tr][tr][td]Trade Reject Time:[/td] [td] 2 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Trade End Date:[/td] [td] March 8, 2012 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Allow Draft Pick Trades:[/td] [td] Yes [/td][/tr][tr][td]Waiver Time:[/td] [td] 2 days [/td][/tr][tr][td]Waiver Type:[/td] [td] Continual rolling list [/td][/tr][tr][td]Can't Cut List Provider:[/td] [td] Yahoo! Sports [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trade Review:[/td] [td] League Votes [/td][/tr][tr][td]Post Draft Players:[/td] [td] Follow Waiver Rules [/td][/tr][tr][td]Max Acquisitions per Week:[/td] [td] 5 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Weekly Deadline:[/td] [td] Daily - Tomorrow [/td][/tr][tr][td]Start Scoring on:[/td] [td] Week 8 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Playoffs:[/td] [td] Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 11 days from Apr 16 to Apr 26 [/td][/tr][tr][td]Playoff Reseeding:[/td] [td] No [/td][/tr][tr][td]Lock Eliminated Teams:[/td] [td] No [/td][/tr][tr][td]Divisions:[/td] [td] Yes (4 divisions) [/td][/tr][tr][td]Playoff Seeding Options:[/td] [td] All teams seeded according to overall standings [/td][/tr][tr][td]Make League Publicly Viewable:[/td] [td] No [/td][/tr][tr][td]Roster Positions:[/td] [td] G, G, F, F, C, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN [/td][/tr][tr][td]Players Stat Categories:[/td] [td] Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Offensive Rebounds (OREB), Defensive Rebounds (DREB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO), Technical Fouls (TECH)[/td][/tr][/table]

To state the obvious, if we're going for Dwight, it's gotta happen soon. 34 games left and I believe we're 12th in the western conference.

This team seems so damn hopeless though
tired.gif

So Orlando wants Monta Ellis. Honestly, I'd take Jameer Nelson (and if they could get a 2nd round pick) for Ellis. See what the team can get for Curry, and rebuild from there. Team isn't going anywhere with Curry or Ellis, so I don't see any harm with a deal like this.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Magic eye Monta Ellis trade[/h1]
The Orlando Magic have reached out to the Golden State Warriors about trading for Monta Ellis, according to league sources.

No deal is imminent, but Orlando is trying to add Ellis to its roster in hopes of appeasing Dwight Howard. Rather than aggressively pursuing a trade of Howard before the March 15 deadline, the Magic are desperately seeking a move that will convince Howard he can stay in Orlando.

Howard has long mentioned Ellis, who is the seventh leading scorer in the league with a 22.2 points average, as someone he would love to play with.

Golden State is willing to listen to the Magic about a potential trade for its shooting guard, but there is little on Orlando's roster that appeals to the Warriors, according to sources.

Thus, the sides are not close to having the parameters of a deal in place. Instead, Orlando will begin looking for other clubs to get involved in a three-or four-team deal that would satisfy the Warriors and bring Ellis to Orlando.

Golden State's greatest desire is to add a quality big man to its roster.

In fact, sources say the Warriors would actually like to trade for Howard, even though he has said he will not sign to play there long-term. In approaching the Magic about a Howard trade earlier this season, the Warriors were willing to send Ellis to Orlando in the trade.

Senior writer Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

Follow Chris Broussard on Twitter: @chris_broussard

http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

there's 0% chance of us landing Howard, lets be honest.

Klay & McGuire aren't ready to take the starting 2 position, IMO. That'll be a huge offensive liability from a SG standpoint. You can't give up someone as valuable as Monta when Curry hasn't showed any consistency to stay healthy this season.

no team is stupid enough to pick up Biedrins contract... unless they really want Monta.

Has he regressed that much? I thought he was above average, not great, but a pretty good PG. If Curry was the PG of the future, as the team tries to say that he is, they wouldn't have Ellis playing PG so Curry can work off the ball. Honestly, I just want the team to make a move. I realize the team can't become a title contender over night, but 1 playoff appearance in 20 years is pathetic. Warriors have to be the worst team in professional sports right now.

Why are we letting go of folks and not getting anything valuable in return? Brooke *%!$#!# Lopez? Dude is ultra feminine on the court. Plus he went to Stanford so you know he's a complete !$%!% who'll get punked. We already have a center who gets punked - he went to Latvia's version of Stanford.
Anyone ever been to Miami for Ultra?  Might start seeing a chick who is supposed to go down there later this month.  She'll probably come back with the Super-Clap though.  But her cuticles aren't on point to begin with.

I would've done the rondo-steph trade... I think rondo would flourish in the open court and is a better distributor than steph. What he lacks in shooting, he makes up on defense... And I think he can bring that second leader that is fiery and vocal to pair up with Monta. We need a pure point guard if we can't get a big center

Another + of trading Monta for Nelson, 1st round pick next year. Basically moving Monta for Nelson + pick + Warriors 1st rounder.
I don't know if I'm actually being serious, but being a fan of a pathetic team always makes you think of crazy scenarios
ohwell.gif

We're attempting to trade mediocrity for mediocrity. I wish I knew what the answer was but I feel like the team is just stuck in quicksand.

We need to somehow blow up and try to land a top 10 player or draft someone who becomes a top 15 player. Both seem unattainable at a glance

Back
Top Bottom