OFFICIAL HEADPHONE THREAD VOL. iPod earbuds hurt

I have a pair of hd 280s and I'm happy with them.

I don't use them when I'm on the go. I'm cool with using average headphones for that purpose.

I have a pair of Bose around ear non-noise cancelling that I got for $100 refurbished from the Bose store. Not cheap, but not too expensive, and they're extremely comfortable and sound as good as my untrained ears can appreciate.

Can someone recommend me a good pair of earbuds for working out in? I borrowed some Sennheiser/Adidas CX680 buds from Best Buy. Sound was pretty good, cord a little long but they kept falling out, which makes them pretty pointless. They're not cheap either.

Looking for something around $40>, any help is appreciated.

As far as other headphones go, I've been using these:

Panasonic RP HTX7 (pretty good sound and look good, just wish I got a more neutral color than bright green sometimes)
Sennheiser HD-202 (bang for your buck, but the sound on mine shorts out on one side when the jack is pushed, anyone know how to fix that?)
Sennheiser HD-555 (got these for $70-something from dell.com, sound great no complaints. cord is long as hell though, not practical for taking it around with you, home only)
Technics RP-DH1200 (dj headphones, pretty good sound and cushioning, heavy to lug around though)

And Bose/Beats FTL, don't know why fools drop loot on them. Wish I had enough to get some new Shures though, I had some e2cs and those were money. The plastic on the cord cracked on me though.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Just copped the M50s, can't wait for them to come in

Hey Cinco excuse my ignorance but would you know If the 50s any good with audio players? Don't have an amp at the moment and will probably wait, but are they good for a simple flac player? Thanks

What's up NT, I need you guys to help me make a decision. Should I get
Monster Turbines Refurbished for $50 from the monster website

or 

Sennheiser CX300 AND a Speck Macbook case for the same price as turbines

Thanks!

I've never used the Monsters, but I just avoid anything from them as way overpriced for what's being offered. It's just packaging and looks with them in my opinion.

I used to have a pair of CX300s, they sounded pretty good, I put my headphones through hell though so they fell apart. My friend's cousins' rabbit biting the hell outta them didn't help at all either. I was so tight when that happened. They've definitely gone down in price since I bought mine, so I'd give those a swing over the Monsters. Sennheiser FTW, but Shures definitely got them beat in the earphone category.

Thanks for your input!

I'm looking for headphones for a warm, rich sound. Will the Sennheisers get the job done?

Originally Posted by thebsprky

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Just copped the M50s, can't wait for them to come in

Hey Cinco excuse my ignorance but would you know If the 50s any good with audio players? Don't have an amp at the moment and will probably wait, but are they good for a simple flac player? Thanks

you dont really need an amp with the m50s

Well, as far as that goes, I'm not 100%. The bass is pretty good and it has a decent range in sound. Could be a little crisper though. But if you're paying around $30 for them I think you'll get your money's worth. What I usually do if I wanna test drive some headphones is borrow a pair from best buy (buy and hold onto receipt to return, there's usually no restocking fee, but double check if you're not sure), and if I like them, look online for a better deal. I was glad I did that with the CX680s, I was hyped about using them, but they just kept on falling outta my ears so they gotta go. I know they should have CXs there, and since Best Buy is in love with Monster for all the suckers that shop there, they ought to have some Turbines. So try before you buy if you can and compare to see what kind of sound you prefer.

And for those using ebay to buy headphones, be on extra alert. There's a lot of bootleg headphones(Sony, Sennheiser, Shure, etc.) running around, especially if the sellers are from HK or China. Can't really trust their feedback because most of the people that buy from them wouldn't know the difference. For the inexperienced ear, they sound pretty good, but they're made of really cheap materials and will fall apart pretty quick. They got the packaging and everything too, when I was in HK it was an eye opener seeing what they had as far as bootlegs (Sam Sui Po, if it has circuits you can probably find it there). Bought a couple, they were just disposable. I just avoid buying headphones on ebay for the most part and lurk for good deals on legit online stores or if I do go ebay, high feedback sellers from the states(watch out for sellers that are listed in the states but send their stuff from China). That mostly concerns earphones though, harder to pull off with over the heads though I guess.

This came from Amazon, Sony MDR-XB20EX, today and it definitely has that extra bass. They're only $28 too, so hopefully they'll last me for a while. I'm not ready to buy $150+ on headphones yet, lol. #Poor. And they also fit the Comply foam tips Tx-400. 
igvyj5.png

Not a problem, if you're gonna drop anything more than 20 bucks on headphones, definitely gotta do some research to know what you're getting into. I started off about 5-6 years ago when I got fed up of all the sound bleeding from my ipod headphones and played around with a few of them, so I've gotten and idea of what to expect out of what I'm paying.

Those should be good, if you have doubts about the seller, just double check where they're located, feedback and see what else they sell too. If they're selling a bunch of other consumer electronics that people wouldn't bother bootlegging, you should be good. $38-@$# is a fair price for them. Enjoy the headphones fam.

And those Audio Technicas look real nice, wish I had 120 to drop on them. But I got too many over the heads as it is.

Nothing wrong with being on a budget, those look pretty nice for 15 bucks, I may have to look into a pair. How clear and loud do they sound? One of my gripes with Bose and Beats are that they're muddy as hell.

Anyone know how are the bose in ear?? How long are in ear headphones supposed to last? Seems like I need new headphones every other week
laugh.gif

Bose anything is basura. They claim to offer the sound of multiple speakers in different directions with just one, nah. You'll just be burning money. Get some Shures with that price range. You won't regret it.

my bose in ears lasted me 6 months.

waste of 100 dollars, and they sounded like crap too.

I have the audio-technica m50s and the Sony mdr v6 and v 700 all under 100 are close to pretty good cans

Originally Posted by airbornho

Bose anything is basura. They claim to offer the sound of multiple speakers in different directions with just one, nah. You'll just be burning money. Get some Shures with that price range. You won't regret it.

This.

Originally Posted by Cubinican

How about Klipsch s4?

Best sound for under $100 hands down from the IEMs and buds I've used/sampled. Deliver in lows/mids and highs. They're also really comfortable to the point where you wouldn't even notice them in your ear after a while. At first they'll seem mediocre in terms of sound but after about 40 hours of break-in you'll notice a significant difference in overall sound.
The wire might be an issue if you wear yours over the ear like I do.

I have to send mine in since the connector decided to off itself. I'd recommend them for everything though.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom