OFFICIAL HEADPHONE THREAD VOL. iPod earbuds hurt

Originally Posted by airbornho

Nothing wrong with being on a budget, those look pretty nice for 15 bucks, I may have to look into a pair. How clear and loud do they sound? One of my gripes with Bose and Beats are that they're muddy as hell.
They are pretty clear. The OG eartips that come with them are garbage, but I messed around with a few other eartips that they came with and the biggest ones were perfect
pimp.gif
Loud as hell, somewhat clear and pretty crisp. Good value IMO.

EDIT: slickdeals has em for 10 bucks shipped on newegg
pimp.gif

For those with Comply 400 foam tips:

Where does it say the size of the tips? I went to RadioShack today and saw them, only I didn't know the damn size of the things.

Originally Posted by esquireraps

beats earbuds!

eyes.gif
, there's far better stuff out there in that price range, but that's just me.

rck2sactown, appreciate the knowledge, I'm gonna have to snag myself a pair. Been needing a pair of earbuds I can use without caring about getting them trashed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by Cubinican

How about Klipsch s4?

Best sound for under $100 hands down from the IEMs and buds I've used/sampled. Deliver in lows/mids and highs. They're also really comfortable to the point where you wouldn't even notice them in your ear after a while. At first they'll seem mediocre in terms of sound but after about 40 hours of break-in you'll notice a significant difference in overall sound.
The wire might be an issue if you wear yours over the ear like I do.

I have to send mine in since the connector decided to off itself. I'd recommend them for everything though.
happy.gif
 Turbines and the Re-0 could also be considered. I can't remember what else is under 100. So maybe someone else suggests some more options.

edit: How do I quote multiple people in one post?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Where does it say the size of the tips? I went to RadioShack today and saw them, only I didn't know the damn size of the things.

I think in store they're all standard size, medium. Only online have I seen different sizes.

Originally Posted by nbafatso

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^Peep my last couple posts

Been a while since I've heard either, but I like the M6 over the M9 a little bit.

Well ya, you get what you pay for. But for 10 bucks I definitely stocked up on the M9's
pimp.gif

How about Klipsch s4?

Best sound for under $100 hands down from the IEMs and buds I've used/sampled. Deliver in lows/mids and highs. They're also really comfortable to the point where you wouldn't even notice them in your ear after a while. At first they'll seem mediocre in terms of sound but after about 40 hours of break-in you'll notice a significant difference in overall sound.

I have to send mine in since the connector decided to off itself. I'd recommend them for everything though.
happy.gif

Yeah, great product, absolutely the best ear buds I've owned; I got mine on eBay for about $36, 40 shipped, best price. the guy had like 3 but he might still have em; these sound as If they were > $100

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

I think in store they're all standard size, medium. Only online have I seen different sizes.

What are the comply tips do?? Do they make the earbuds fit better in ur year?? Because my monster turbines constantly fall out of my ear

Got these for whenever I travel:

3306912035_b7669be67a.jpg

It's my 2nd Audio Technica cans (1st ones were the ATH A700s which were mind blowing)

Originally Posted by thebsprky

How about Klipsch s4?

happy.gif

Yeah, great product, absolutely the best ear buds I've owned; I got mine on eBay for about $36, 40 shipped, best price. the guy had like 3 but he might still have em; these sound as If they were > $100
36? yeah, those are fakes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Originally Posted by CWrite78

get some audio technica m50s and call it a day

THIS. The best money I've ever spent on a piece of technology.
Just placed an order for some. My Sennheiser 205s gave out on me today 
tired.gif

Hopefully the m50s live up to the outstanding costumer reviews. 

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Originally Posted by CWrite78

THIS. The best money I've ever spent on a piece of technology.
Just placed an order for some. My Sennheiser 205s gave out on me today 
tired.gif

Hopefully the m50s live up to the outstanding costumer reviews. 
Just got my M50s from the UPS guy, I notice an upgrade off the bat compared to my HD205s

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Had these for a good while now (5 months or so). Great pair of headphones. Gotten a few compliments from people "in the know" as well. 109 shipped from B&H.
They are highly recommended by the audiophile community. Trust me, I searched head-fi forums extensively. These came up often for my price range (100-150). 
are these better than the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 cuz i just got those a couple months ago and i really like them. but if these are better then i'm gonna be pissed.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

It's my 2nd Audio Technica cans (1st ones were the ATH A700s which were mind blowing)
just wondering, how much do these cost? they look nice.

Originally Posted by The Minister

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Had these for a good while now (5 months or so). Great pair of headphones. Gotten a few compliments from people "in the know" as well. 109 shipped from B&H.
They are highly recommended by the audiophile community. Trust me, I searched head-fi forums extensively. These came up often for my price range (100-150). 
are these better than the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 cuz i just got those a couple months ago and i really like them. but if these are better then i'm gonna be pissed.

Here ya go.
CWrite78 wrote:
CincoSeisDos wrote:
CWrite78 wrote:

AD700 or M50?

i use ad700 for gaming. great soundstage, perfect for sound whoring.

i listen to music with a lot of bass (dubstep/electro/rap) so the m50s are perfect for that.

I read the same in a ton of the reviews I looked up before deciding on the M50s , GREAT soundstage but leaves more to be desired as far as bass is concerned.

SOMEONE point me in the direction for something to keep these long +!# cables neat and short
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

just wondering, how much do these cost? they look nice.
I would say:

$150 upwards = rape
$120-149 = decent
$100 below = excellent deal

It's a blind buy, but in my years of being a head-fi member/researching, they reccommend these cans for under the $150 category. I liked the ATH A700s before and they're saying these resemble the sound sig of the AC7s.

interesting. i copped my beats studios for 120, and i tweaked out the EQ on my phone to make the mids sound better, so i was pretty happy with them...

until 3 days later, they broke O_O

anyways im getting them replaced... honestly for 120 im very happy. would not pay retail for them

oh, and i do use skull candys for everyday use, only because their cheap and i go through in ears a lot, since i take them to work etc.

Copped the T-400 Comply Foam Tips, and I am extremely happy with the purchase! They are 1000X more comfortable than the silicone tips that came with the Monster Turbines. Glad I purchased, and I suggest people at least give them a try.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

anything good earbuds under $25?
nerd.gif
#poor
nerd.gif

Meelectronics M6
copped a pair for $15
nice carrying case, bunch of tips
only thing i hate is how long it takes to get them in the ear. hopefully they will last long

Back
Top Bottom