Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by miamib30514

The worst part about the NBA is when its clear as day that the refs are terrible, the fans of the winning team do everything they can to justify the refs calls. Like what your doing right now.
If you cant see whats wrong with this game, all bias aside, then you are probably a casual fan that knows very little about how the game should be played.

The league is soft. I hate Paul Pierce with a passion but he should have 0 technicals called on him. ZERO.
No. its clear as day that in every game in every thread the losing team has something to say about the reffing.

I'm not saying I agree with the rules of the game that benefit the offensive player, im saying that why are you expecting the refs

to alter the rules of the game because of a certain person. last time i checked

1. headbutting (albeit soft) is a tech.
2. Setting an illegal screen then jawing in someone face (dont know what was said) is a tech.

Like I said you're probably a casual fan. That was a GOOD LEGAL screen. And you want techs for trash talking? Thats what makes basketball..basketball. There is nothing better than two teams beefing. And that wasnt a headbutt 
laugh.gif

The league is soft, its just that your bias is blinding you because everything is going the Heats way. You prefer the league being soft because it means Paul Pierce is not playing.

Seriously, save the whole haters crying when the Heat are doing well non-sense. I hate both teams, I probably hate the Celtics more. But this is just stupid.

Okay i guess semantics is what you want to play.

Legal? Illegal? It wasnt that what got him tossed, it was the reaction.

And "thats what makes basketball, basketball" yet there are specific rules against doing it to other players
even refs.
eyes.gif

But okay you are the all knowing basketball knowledge man and im dumb. ill take it with the W

edit* i prefaced what i said with the fact i dont agree with the rules but you failed to see that. probally because of my
percieved homerism. its all good.

Originally Posted by aepps20

The league is soft and the refs have been bad the entire post season. With that said, I find it ironic that some of the most vocal critics of the refs on NT are fans of teams that get dicey calls on a consistent basis.
Exactly. The Celts got every call last series yet they complain when 1 game is not going their way. If the league is rigged, I want to see them denounce #17 because it had to be a fix on those games too, right?

Fans get so wrapped up in the moment when their team is losing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by miamib30514

The worst part about the NBA is when its clear as day that the refs are terrible, the fans of the winning team do everything they can to justify the refs calls. Like what your doing right now.
If you cant see whats wrong with this game, all bias aside, then you are probably a casual fan that knows very little about how the game should be played.

The league is soft. I hate Paul Pierce with a passion but he should have 0 technicals called on him. ZERO.
No. its clear as day that in every game in every thread the losing team has something to say about the reffing.

I'm not saying I agree with the rules of the game that benefit the offensive player, im saying that why are you expecting the refs

to alter the rules of the game because of a certain person. last time i checked

1. headbutting (albeit soft) is a tech.
2. Setting an illegal screen then jawing in someone face (dont know what was said) is a tech.

Like I said you're probably a casual fan. That was a GOOD LEGAL screen. And you want techs for trash talking? Thats what makes basketball..basketball. There is nothing better than two teams beefing. And that wasnt a headbutt 
laugh.gif

The league is soft, its just that your bias is blinding you because everything is going the Heats way. You prefer the league being soft because it means Paul Pierce is not playing.

Seriously, save the whole haters crying when the Heat are doing well non-sense. I hate both teams, I probably hate the Celtics more. But this is just stupid.

Okay i guess semantics is what you want to play.

Legal? Illegal? It wasnt that what got him tossed, it was the reaction.

And "thats what makes basketball, basketball" yet there are specific rules against doing it to other players
even refs.
eyes.gif

But okay you are the all knowing basketball knowledge man and im dumb. ill take it with the W

edit* i prefaced what i said with the fact i dont agree with the rules but you failed to see that. probally because of my
percieved homerism. its all good.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

That was @+@!$@! ******ed !!!!!!!!

how do u toss someone for settin a good screen?

$!*! OUTTA HERE

Pierce got a tech on that James Jones foul, then another on that screen play.

He wasn't tossed on the screen alone.

I know this. But how did that screen alone deserve a tech? 
grin.gif

$!*! OUTTA HERE

grin.gif

In the end, Boston can at least take solace in the fact that Delonte's gonna be on the hunt for some LeBron mom in about an hour.

Good win for the Heat.

Great performance by Wade and James Jones.

* 2/3 years ago yall woulda had a great time with Pierce getting tossed over him even breathing on someone. funny how things change.
laugh.gif

That 2nd tech was bogus though.

laugh.gif
@ people tryna act like this is rigged. I don't care who wins this series but Pierce put himmself in that position, everybody knows the league is soft so you know you can't do somethin dumb like that. To me its bs but thats how the league is now.The game was over anyway.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If I'm the Celtics, shooting 50% from 3 and never being within a real striking distance is a big concern. When they hit 3's is the only time they look 'great' lately... what happens if Ray ever goes cold now?

Didn't/don't buy into Rondo being 'back', Toney Douglas and the Knicks PG situation was just that bad.

I've said my piece on Garnett...if that's what the Celtics get from him, just that mentality... it's going to be a HUGE struggle for them on offense this series and they won't win it in the end. They either need him to get aggressive (not happening) or Rondo to get it together (more likely).

Miami did what they needed to do. played pretty well. If Shaq isn't playing, I have to keep giving more and more minutes to Joel Anthony over Z.

* 2/3 years ago yall woulda had a great time with Pierce getting tossed over him even breathing on someone. funny how things change.
They played terrible, they didnt get anything going till the 4th, kg played bad rondo played bad, pierce played terrible till 2 minutes before he got ejected. they're going to come out for blood in game 2, heat should be scared they only won by 9.

Good win for the Heat.

Great performance by Wade and James Jones.

laugh.gif

That 2nd tech was bogus though.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If I'm the Celtics, shooting 50% from 3 and never being within a real striking distance is a big concern. When they hit 3's is the only time they look 'great' lately... what happens if Ray ever goes cold now?

Didn't/don't buy into Rondo being 'back', Toney Douglas and the Knicks PG situation was just that bad.

I've said my piece on Garnett...if that's what the Celtics get from him, just that mentality... it's going to be a HUGE struggle for them on offense this series and they won't win it in the end. They either need him to get aggressive (not happening) or Rondo to get it together (more likely).

Miami did what they needed to do. played pretty well. If Shaq isn't playing, I have to keep giving more and more minutes to Joel Anthony over Z.

They played terrible, they didnt get anything going till the 4th, kg played bad rondo played bad, pierce played terrible till 2 minutes before he got ejected. they're going to come out for blood in game 2, heat should be scared they only won by 9.

laugh.gif
@ people tryna act like this is rigged. I don't care who wins this series but Pierce put himmself in that position, everybody knows the league is soft so you know you can't do somethin dumb like that. To me its bs but thats how the league is now.The game was over anyway.

I just dont get why you dont them play. Its the Celtics and Heat with a lot of stories within and a rivalvry that started before this new Miami roster. Why would you have an outcome as to who would win, even though the celtics were down anyway. Just let them play it out. Players talk, push, and get in each others faces just like any bball court any other league. Let them go at it when someone throws a jab thats when you throw an ejection

In the end, Boston can at least take solace in the fact that Delonte's gonna be on the hunt for some LeBron mom in about an hour.

I just dont get why you dont them play. Its the Celtics and Heat with a lot of stories within and a rivalvry that started before this new Miami roster. Why would you have an outcome as to who would win, even though the celtics were down anyway. Just let them play it out. Players talk, push, and get in each others faces just like any bball court any other league. Let them go at it when someone throws a jab thats when you throw an ejection

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

laugh.gif
this guy is probably just looking at the box score cheering that "his team" is winning
Oh for sure.
laugh.gif

watching the game on stream2watch...
pimp.gif

This game corrupt? never.  You know how dirty the celtics play
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dirty? Wow.
I know you're young so you don't remember the golden years of the NBA. Please. This game is as corrupt as it was when Donaghy was changing games. Notice that the only people denying it are "Heat fans".

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

laugh.gif
this guy is probably just looking at the box score cheering that "his team" is winning
Oh for sure.
laugh.gif

watching the game on stream2watch...
pimp.gif

This game corrupt? never.  You know how dirty the celtics play
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dirty? Wow.
I know you're young so you don't remember the golden years of the NBA. Please. This game is as corrupt as it was when Donaghy was changing games. Notice that the only people denying it are "Heat fans".

Refs aside, the result was more than fair. KG up to his usual playoff tricks, 3-9 for 6 points. Between him and Bosh I don't know whose the bigger vagina.

Refs aside, the result was more than fair. KG up to his usual playoff tricks, 3-9 for 6 points. Between him and Bosh I don't know whose the bigger vagina.

$!*! OUTTA HERE

grin.gif

He got the tech for getting Wade's face after setting the screen.

It shouldn't have been called, but Pierce has got to check his emotions a bit in that situation seeing how he already had a tech.

$!*! OUTTA HERE

grin.gif

He got the tech for getting Wade's face after setting the screen.

It shouldn't have been called, but Pierce has got to check his emotions a bit in that situation seeing how he already had a tech.

Back
Top Bottom