OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

dog. Oilers and Flames in a playoff series?!! LIT AF

sorry, eddie...i need to see that. go Oil, go Flames

Flames can burn in hell for all I care

Pun intended

But yeah I actually was rooting for that matchup to happen in the first round :lol:
A Sharks/Ducks series would have been lit as well

Last edited:
Boston Bruins‏Verified account
@NHLBruins
#NHLBruins sign Charlie McAvoy to a 3-year entry-level contract:

whoa. carlo and krug injuries must be pretty bad. surprised they're going to have him ready to go for the playoffs. maybe as a 7th D guy

Sweeney said that Torey Krug is unlikely to play. Brandon Carlo is definitely out for Game 1.
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) April 10, 2017

:nerd:

VAN has fired Willie Desjardins as head coach.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 10, 2017

congrats @empirestrikesfirst
Im actually not happy about that. I thought Willie D was doing a fine job with what he had to work with.

Maybe it's my bias, as he coached our WHL team here successfully and was a great part of the community, but coaching wasn't the problem in my mind.

Last edited:

VAN has fired Willie Desjardins as head coach.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie)

April 10, 2017

congrats [@=https://niketalk.com/members/37434"DeadsetAce" url="/t/304211/official-hockey-thread-nhl-khl-ncaa-iihl/30960#post_27904764"]

yeah i was thinking the coach isn't the issue so much as the GM. get the guy the F out

:lol: @ strategically placed

Benning has done a ton to correct how pathetic our talent pool was. 

Gillis pretty much lit the franchise on fire before leaving and Benning has done a commendable job getting assets back while trying to following ownership's abstract and nonsensical road map to a rebuild. 

There are people calling for Linden and Benning to be gone along with Willie, but they are the same people thinking we should have made a playoff push this year. 

Ownership is the issue here and Aqullini will never sell. So we just wait 17 more years to lose another game 7 in the finals. 
mean.gif

Lombardi and Sutter just got the boot, Luc Robitaille new president Rob Blake VP and GM

Not sure how I feel about this. Dean might've been lost with the times but I thought Daryl worked well with what he had. And elevating former players to front office positions is ultra hit or miss

I personally love seeing this, because winner always loses in the Conference Finals.

O RLY?

Not too worried about getting past the Lames. It will just be a matter of avoiding Tkachuk and Giordano injuring anyone else. I don't think we get through Round 2 anyway, so I'd like to see Edmonton go all the way just to piss off Calgary fans everywhere.

Last edited:
I personally love seeing this, because winner always loses in the Conference Finals.

O RLY?

Not too worried about getting past the Lames. It will just be a matter of avoiding Tkachuk and Giordano injuring anyone else. I don't think we get through Round 2 anyway, so I'd like to see Edmonton go all the way just to piss off Calgary fans everywhere.
But we can dream that we win the cup right? :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
busy *** ******* week at work. i'm gonna have to scheme a way to watch Wednesday's Bruins game :lol:

Is there a chance of a Habs/Bruins round happening this playoffs? I want to see it happen to see the amount of hatred and blood spilled :lol:

Is there a chance of a Habs/Bruins round happening this playoffs? I want to see it happen to see the amount of hatred and blood spilled :lol:

i think we blew that chance. it would have to be in the conference finals and we would have to beat OTT and then prob WAS.

Last edited:

i think we blew that chance. it would have to be in the conference finals and we would have to beat OTT and then prob WAS.
Just saw the bracket, it could happen in the 2nd round :nerd:
https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs

is that factoring in reseeding? they reseed after each round

Just saw the bracket, it could happen in the 2nd round :nerd:
https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs

is that factoring in reseeding? they reseed after each round
I don't think NHL follows the reseeding system anymore, they got the new bracket system they implemented since 2014.

The teams finishing second and third in each division will meet in the First Round within the bracket headed by their respective division winners. First-round winners within each bracket play one another in the Second Round to determine the four participants in the Conference Finals.

Back
Top Bottom