OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

This one's pretty much over. Better have their **** together Monday or else it's a wrap. Our 2nd and 3rd lines have been putrid outside of Tuch. Perron and Neal both making sure they aren't getting huge paydays this summer from Vegas.

he is the best pure scorer ever. no question. no disrespect to 99 who is the GOAT player. but from a pure goal scoring standpoint, no one better

Glad to see everyone coming around.

I said this years ago and I remember getting push back, :lol:

Ovi the greatest pure goal scorer ever. :pimp:

I was going to say 150 but it seemed a little ridiculous when I typed it out, :lol:

Caps 100% deserve to be in the position they're in. Guess we'll see what the Knights are really made of Monday. If they don't get something from the top line this is prolly done, because the 2nd line especially has been utter trash. Washington has put on display the biggest holes on our roster. While they are getting offense throughout the lineup we've had 4 goals from our 4th line out of 9. That isn't gonna cut it.

I don’t think MAF is getting outplayed, him and Holtby have been toe to toe
Knights losing the series so far because Caps have been outworking them on the boards the past two games
Caps are playing with more hunger

You cheer for a team that dives like Michael Phelps

Using a swimmer as a reference point for 'diving' is a pretty weak analogy.. but this isn't shocking coming from you

A swimmer only "dives" once per race.. and nothing within that 'dive' is trying to gain any of the advantages you seemingly want to allude to considering you're trying to react as fast as you can while getting as far as you can before entering the water as smoothly as possible so you can retain the momentum from said dive into the water as you either (a) transition to dolphin kicks (freestyle and butterfly) or (b) try to hold before starting your pullout (breaststroke)

Referring to the way soccer players or even NBA players 'dive', would have been the better route to go

But if you're just going to reference someone diving for diving sake, diving is a separate sport from swimming

Last edited:
Using a swimmer as a reference point for 'diving' is a pretty weak analogy.. but this isn't shocking coming from you

A swimmer only "dives" once per race.. and nothing within that 'dive' is trying to gain any of the advantages you seemingly want to allude to considering your trying to react as fast as you can while getting as far as you can before entering the water as smoothly as possible so you can retain the momentum from said dive into the water as you either (a) transition to dolphin kicks (freestyle and butterfly) or (b) try to hold before starting your pullout (breaststroke)

Referring to the way soccer players or even NBA players 'dive', would have been the better route to go

But if you're just going to reference someone diving for diving sake, diving is a separate sport from swimming
Greg Luganis

Greg Luganis

It is unfortunate that Greg lOuganis, is more well known and synonymous with his HIV status than actual diving

I'm sure the most folks on NT have seen of him was him hitting his head while competing in the '88 Olympics and the controversy surrounding that because of his aforementioned status

Back
Top Bottom