OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Paul Holmgren is one hell of a GM

Jeff Carter for Jake Voracek and the 6th overall pick which is Sean Couturier

Mike Richards for Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn

It really boggles my mind how GM's slept on Couturier in the draft when a year before he was a lock to go #1

Originally Posted by StillIn729

It really boggles my mind how GM's slept on Couturier in the draft when a year before he was a lock to go #1

30t6p3b.gif
I know, when he was available at #7 in June I was so pumped I thought for sure we would draft him, it remains to be seen whether Scheifele will be a good player but I still hear people say we should have taken Couturier instead of him

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

30t6p3b.gif
I know, when he was available at #7 in June I was so pumped I thought for sure we would draft him, it remains to be seen whether Scheifele will be a good player but I still hear people say we should have taken Couturier instead of him
it's amazing watching a rookie who turned 19 in December shut down Malkin 
he reminds me of Michael Peca with the potential scoring talents of John Tavares 

there was a time when i wanted edmonton to trade down last year a couple spots for couturier. i was shocked when he fell THAT far tho

Bear in mind, the Flyers are also missing Pronger (captain and SCF champion) and JVR (arguably Philly's best performer in the 2011 playoffs).

It certainly is a remarkable job Holmgren's done if the team can keep this up.

BUT, if there is a team that can come back from 0-2, it's the Penguins.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Bear in mind, the Flyers are also missing Pronger (captain and SCF champion) and JVR (arguably Philly's best performer in the 2011 playoffs).

It certainly is a remarkable job Holmgren's done if the team can keep this up.
I think JVR will be traded in the off season; there are some whispers out there that Jerome Iginla has requested a trade to the Flyers in the off season if he is going to be dealt to an Eastern Conference team.

didn't hear about iginla. idk if i do it tho. he makes alot $$$....They need to use what ever cash they have and get Sutter.  If they trade JVR, they need to package him for a young dman.

bos-wash- what a change of pace from last nights games
laugh.gif

Caps are getting worked over in OT. Only still in it thanks to Semin and Wideman. Hope Lucic gets the winner.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

%##% Carkner .... scumbag...
See ya %*+!%@.

Dubinsky should not have been tossed.
Props to him for sticking up for his 6'7" 245 pound teammate, but he was 3rd man in. 

Senators HAVE to play on the edge to win this game.  Frustrate the skill guys on the Rangers. 

He technically was but Boyle wasnt even fighting back. if you see a teammate on the ice still gettin whaled on... You jump on that dude hittin him.

It wasnt even like Boyle said alight lets go... Dude just went up to him and stuck him.. The #%%% is that?

That was a TERRIBLE 5min PP. Terrible.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

He technically was but Boyle wasnt even fighting back. if you see a teammate on the ice still gettin whaled on... You jump on that dude hittin him.

It wasnt even like Boyle said alight lets go... Dude just went up to him and stuck him.. The #%%% is that?

That was a TERRIBLE 5min PP. Terrible.
I agree w. everything you said...but I've always thought Boyle was the biggest *!!*! in the NHL for the longest time.  This is going back to his days w. the Kings.  Honestly, I dunno if I've ever seen him win a fight
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom