OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

we got elpablo21 elpablo21 in here...but is 651akathepaul 651akathepaul watching??? :nerd:
Gonna need you to school me on some of these cats
pachah1.png

I saw the roster...noticed 2 Fleury's...."team looks legit."

:lol:

Who starting the Official Kraken Thread? I’m about to be in there the first couple pages like "Jerseys looking fire on the ice. Edit: *Sweater." "Fleury bros = Bash Bros :smokin" Learning new **** for the first 10 pages minimum. If this is the all-encompassing NHL thread it’ll be y’all I’ll be annoying moving forward.

Who starting the Official Kraken Thread? I’m about to be in there the first couple pages like "Jerseys looking fire on the ice. Edit: *Sweater." "Fleury bros = Bash Bros :smokin" Learning new **** for the first 10 pages minimum. If this is the all-encompassing NHL thread it’ll be y’all I’ll be annoying moving forward.

lol you’ll be talking to two other folks max in a hockey team thread. Puck folks just hang out in here.

Hows that

Still need to see what shakes out as far as trades today, but as of now it looks like Francis played too much hardball in negotiations. There were some mystifying picks where better players were clearly available (CBJ/CHI/PHI). There were chances to take big money quality players to flip with retention for assets (Tarasenko/Voracek/Bishop/etc). They also got zero draft picks as compensation for steering clear of certain players. Compare that to what Mcphee did for Vegas. He got a TON of picks including 3 1sts. Without the draft capital he was able to accumulate in the expansion draft Vegas never would have been able to swing deals for Pacioretty and Stone. So Seattle is currently left with a nice defense, some questionable/unproven goaltending, a group of forwards that is going to struggle to score, and no extra picks to boot.

i get not taking price or landeskog as well as solidifying a strong defense core with some young talent but thought they'd for sure take some bigger names like bishop at goalie and then JVR, duchene, or johansen up front. gourde is good but not sold on his production outside of tampa yet. let's see what moves are coming though as we're hearing theres def some in the works

^ that's a good point about the lack of future picks by avoiding certain guys, too. didn't even cross my mind but i remember Vegas getting praised for that

Last edited:
Everyone crapping on Francis not making any trades last night, I guarantee no one wants to get Vegas’d and played it safe lol. Or small deals will come out soon/before the draft.

It's trade day in the league.

OEL and Garland to Vancouver

Seth Jones to Chicago

Ristolainen to Philly

Buchenevich to St. Louis

Eichel next?

Back
Top Bottom