OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

They said on NHLN last night the last 3 teams to start the playoffs 11-1 all lost in the Cup Finals. If they lose GM 1 to NY/NJ it will be interesting to see how they react. 
Amazing stat.
eek.gif
..... but in how many instances has this happened?
laugh.gif

^5 before the Kings. Montreal in 68' and 76 were the only ones to go on to win the Cup. The others were EDM 83', DET 95', PIT 08'.

Rangers looked way too good in the third today
laugh.gif
Devils own fault, they should have had a better push on their PP's in the second period. Wasted opportunities.

^5 before the Kings. Montreal in 68' and 76 were the only ones to go on to win the Cup. The others were EDM 83', DET 95', PIT 08'.

You Ducks fans are going to be extremely salty if the Kings win it all
laugh.gif

Only a little salty. If they win the cup congrats to them. Only took them 45 years. I'll just block the image out of my head of Brown hoisting the cup. Plus, as I've said before, better them than the Wings or Sharks.

Rangers robbed jersey yesterday. We played soooooo bad the first 2 periods. I was shocked we won that game. We haven't been up 3-1 the entire series so I doubt we win tomorrow. Gotta make it hard on ourselves.

I'm honestly gonna miss Marty when he retires. He just so damn good.

Of course prust gets suspended off a play that didn't even result in a penalty

Shannahan is all over that place. Torts being a prick doesn't seem to help

I've been on vacation but caught the Kings play almost every night...and they looked dominant.
pimp.gif

I really can't wait to see New Jersey or New York play them.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Of course prust gets suspended off a play that didn't even result in a penalty

Shannahan is all over that place. Torts being a prick doesn't seem to help
If anything, there being no call on the elbow contributes to there being a suspension.

The DPS has always considered whether or not a play was adequately penalized before assessing supplemental discipline.

Only a little salty. If they win the cup congrats to them. Only took them 45 years. I'll just block the image out of my head of Brown hoisting the cup. Plus, as I've said before, better them than the Wings or Sharks.

I%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there%20Fry.png

laugh.gif

He didnt miss a shift. he didnt get hurt.

webber was only fined for that ridiculous WWF crap. and OVI hit Girardi and not a thing happened. hes just inconsistent.

Originally Posted by DubA169

He didnt miss a shift. he didnt get hurt.

webber was only fined for that ridiculous WWF crap. and OVI hit Girardi and not a thing happened. hes just inconsistent.

Weber, sure...Ovechkin's hit was a penalty IN game (and EVERYONE outside of NYC agreed) and didn't warrant +@@$ you homer
laugh.gif

I don't get how it being called a penalty is better

So a ref messed up... Therefore prust gets suspended? If they called it a penalty he wouldn't have been suspended?

I didn't think it was a crazy hit but whatever.

Haven't taken a 3-1 lead in either round so I doubt it happens tonight. But let's see.

Back
Top Bottom