OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

those guys are 10 goal scorers per year at best

I Love cally's game but he isnt the great screener rebound scorer that posts in front of the net. the rest of those guys should Not even be mentioned with the type of scorer Im talking about.

Its The Main reason the Rangers Power play is garbage
Ace
eek.gif
you think the Rangers need more perimeter guys who cant do anything around the crease in traffic?
Of the players I mentioned, only Prust, and Fedotenko <10 goal scorers (Rupp, Mitchell, Scott are spare parts).

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]GP[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]P[/td] [td]G/60[/td] [td]A1/60[/td] [td]A2/60[/td] [td]P/60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ANISIMOV[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]0.61[/td] [td]0.67[/td] [td]0.43[/td] [td]1.72[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RICHARDS[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]0.82[/td] [td]0.58[/td] [td]0.53[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DUBINSKY[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]0.54[/td] [td]0.61[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PRUST[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]0.22[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.36[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BOYLE[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]0.66[/td] [td]0.42[/td] [td]0.36[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HAGELIN[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.87[/td] [td]0.73[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]STEPAN[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]0.58[/td] [td]0.79[/td] [td]0.32[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GABORIK[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]1.41[/td] [td]0.68[/td] [td]0.34[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FEDOTENKO[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]0.56[/td] [td]0.35[/td] [td]0.35[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CALLAHAN[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]0.64[/td] [td]0.58[/td] [td]0.42[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]KREIDER[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0.93[/td] [td]0.62[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1.55[/td] [/tr][/table]
What type of player are you talking about exactly? Because the Rangers pretty much epitomized a "grinding" team that produced goals in front of the net this year.

how many 1st place teams have only 3 guys who have scored over 20 goals? (serious question on my tablet and its annoying to open tabs and look) because I believe those stats u posted shows we could use another legit goal scorer

type player like adam graves or Ron francis (showing my age)

You dont think that warrants a need for a goal scorer who can score from in front"?

If they switch styles of play, guys like mitchell, rupp, prust etc will really be exposed

Those type guys score occasional goals but they aren't goal scorers

Imo A change of system would mean a huge roster turnover

Another weird item to me is As fast as Hagelin is on the wing, you would think he would be more of a skill player.

*Edit* sorry to hijack you guys Hockey thread, perhaps a New York Rangers  thread would be better.

If they switch styles of play, guys like mitchell, rupp, prust etc will really be exposed

Those type guys score occasional goals but they aren't goal scorers

Imo A change of system would mean a huge roster turnover

Another weird item to me is As fast as Hagelin is on the wing, you would think he would be more of a skill player.

*Edit* sorry to hijack you guys Hockey thread, perhaps a New York Rangers  thread would be better.
Noooo! 

This is all we got bro!  ALL hockey talk is welcome in here. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Im guessing he wants a garbage goal hound ... Ie: Parise

?
Does Parise not work in the crease or below the goal line? Does he not get most of his goals off the rebounds and garbage goals... ? or behind the net where he just scoops it right back into the net? 
Probably thee quickest hands in the league when it comes to that...

Or am i wrong? 

The trouble is forwards like Tucker, Graves, etc. who can put up numbers by hanging around the net are rather scarce in the NHL right now.

Limiting cases to >/= 20 goal scorers, I've compiled the following list of forwards who potentially meet the above criteria (albeit highly subjective given the constraints of the data and my own viewing habits):
  • Scott Hartnell
  • Zach Parise (?)
  • John Tavares (?)
  • David Clarkson
  • Joe Pavelski (?)
  • Ryan Callahan
  • Alexandre Burrows (?)
  • Andrew Ladd
  • Wayne Simmonds
  • Chris Kunitz
  • Milan Lucic
  • Curtis Glencross
  • Brad Marchand (?)
  • Pascal Dupuis
  • Jordan Staal
  • Teddy Purcell (?)
  • David Backes
  • Matt Read
  • Dustin Brown (?)
  • Shane Doan
  • Ryan Kesler
  • Kyle Brodziak
  • David Perron
  • Drew Stafford
  • Ryan Malone
  • RJ Umberger (?)
  • Jason Chimera
  • David Jones (?)
  • Jamie McGinn
Furthermore, I don't think this is an organizational need specific to the Rangers. All teams are looking to get bigger, and find bodies that are willing to crash and screen the net. The Bruins, for instance, sorely missed the presence of Mark Recchi, who had a talent for deflecting shots, and pouncing on loose pucks. They, too, failed to capitalize on the myriad of rebounds Holtby was giving up in the Washington series.

Based on what I saw from the Rangers this season, most of their offense was generated in front of the net-- especially from Callahan, Boyle, and Dubinsky. I think as these players develop, they will begin to produce more. Nevertheless, I'm interested to see where the Rangers go from here. The ECF is far from a failed season, but I wonder if Slats will make a run at Nash to bolster the Rangers' offense?

Man I'm still sad

I dunno why someone brought up Richards being a problem. He was an awesome signing. He was HUGE in the first 2 series

Gabby is a liability in the playoffs. Dudes were just taking the puck from him with ease. He was getting plunked and pushed around so damn much. Missing defensive plays. He was even whiffing on some wide open nets

I like torts style but I could see why a team would wear down and maybe not last the whole season plus playoffs. Takes a toll on the body and mind.

So many missed opportunities. Go up 1-0 and 2-1 in multiple series and can't stretch the damn lead more. That was just such a big problem. Even after crazy epic wins, they would just look terrible the next game.

Saw that the Rangers are linked (again) to Rick Nash. IMO, its gonna take Chris Kreider to get it done. I wouldnt do it tho...price too steep.

DoubleJs, I Love CK20's potential but Imo you make that trade for Nash unless theyre asking for another huge piece

True blues, i think it is def a specific need towards winning a stanley cup considering the game the rangers play.

A guy who can score around the net forces defensemen to stay inside essentially opening up more space for a Gabby, Richards or Kreider.

Put a 30 goal grinder on this Rangers team and we're shining the cup.

The Jackets are gonna ask for a young top prospect, a young NHL ready prospect and probably 2 first rounders. So you're looking at Kreider, McIlrath or Del Zotto, the 28th this year and probably your pick next year. AND you have to hope that SJ doesn't start raising the bids because they're going to go after him hard as well.

The bruins are rumored to be in on Nash as well. Krejci, Lucic, Rask, Thomas, Boychuk, Hamilton, and high draft pick are all things being considered.

I'd hate to give up Lucic or Krejci in any deal for Nash, even Rask. Dumping Hamilton is interesting. He hasn't had a chance to showcase what he's got at the NHL level. But how well his style fits in Claude's system will be interesting to see.

Krieder ain-t going anywhere unless Dolan decides to be hands on again.

which could happen. because you know, its dolan and the rangers are mainstream popular for the first time since the lock out.

And because he's a prick. we were jinxed when he decided to proclaim we could win the cup this season.

hags and Krieder are so damn fast i wanna see some things that benefit their game more next season.

This is like a Knicks off season thread.

30t6p3b.gif

You stay away from nash.

You don't touch Kreider , Zotto or any other prospects with a lot of upside. Especially with Kreids.

Torts should be let go because of his coaching style? no. The guy knows how to win and what it takes to win.... Discipline, Defense, and Henrik. Having speed just adds another piece to our game 

yeah we need for offensive fire power but that doesnt mean you trade potential stars in the league for a rick nash.. Draft picks and prospects ... Uh no thanks.

We need depth of solid contributors.. More so on offense.  but we cant have some of our Dmen play crazy amount of minutes like we had McDonagh, Staal, Girardi and del zotto ... we need a decent 3rd line defense. Or just hope dudes like Sauer can come back healthy and better or continue to develop young guys 

We are not that far away .. so no need for anything drastic.. 

Nash for Kreider is Drastic?

the Rook has barely been in the league.

Kreider for Nash, I make that trade in a heartbeat. When I think of "Potential" it makes me remember the Rangers holding on to Kovalev because of his potential and it never panning out. If yo ucan get a guy who can score 30 goals a season, do it.

Pull the trigger on it like Rangers did with Dougie Weight for Esa tikkanen way back in the days

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I'd hate to give up Lucic or Krejci in any deal for Nash, even Rask. Dumping Hamilton is interesting. He hasn't had a chance to showcase what he's got at the NHL level. But how well his style fits in Claude's system will be interesting to see.
Hamilton is the real deal. He just won OHL and CHL Defenseman of the Year. Recent winners of each include: Ryan Ellis, Drew Doughty, Marc Staal, Karl Alzner, and Keith Yandle.

I think the two logical destinations for Nash are New York (if Kreider is on the table) or San Jose.

Speaking of junior hockey, the Memorial Cup Final is tonight. The London Knights (
pimp.gif
) will face the host Shawinigan Cataractes. London won the round robin, but Shawinigan hammered the Knights 6-1 earlier in the tournament.

London has a ton of great prospects (Maataa, Tinordi, Harrington, Watson, Knight, Domi, Houser, Athanasiou, etc.), and Shawingan has Brandon Gormley, who is a first round draft pick of Phoenix, and Michael Chaput (CBJ). He will be a star in the show.

It will be broadcast on Sportsnet, TVA (Canada), and the NHL Network (US) at 7pm.

Should be a good one.

Preview: http://www.mastercardmemorialcup.ca/video/index/id/67b4b0e09af576f01ec929eecfd0d086

Nash for Kreider is Drastic?

the Rook has barely been in the league.

Kreider for Nash, I make that trade in a heartbeat. When I think of "Potential" it makes me remember the Rangers holding on to Kovalev because of his potential and it never panning out. If yo ucan get a guy who can score 30 goals a season, do it.

Pull the trigger on it like Rangers did with Dougie Weight for Esa tikkanen way back in the days
But he showed he CAN play in the league. In the biggest of stages. 
Kid has a lot of upside. plus, hes cheap since he still has a entry lvl deal.

and yes drastic.. cause CBJ are going to be asking for an arm and a leg for Nash.. Krieds is just a piece of what would be giving up... Im good off that

I can see Nash going to San Jose..

it would at a minimum be kreider, del zotto and 2 picks

krieder was showing out and he hasnt played a single regular season game. I mean that's pretty impressive

Back
Top Bottom