OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Henrik deserves better. Only guy on the Rangers that I feel bad for.

Aint much else to sayConrats again. Put on a clinic and it hurt

Originally Posted by DubA169

He's one of, if not THE best goalie in the league. Only guy who I can think of whose team's success falls 100% on his shoulders. He has to stand on his head every night for the Rangers to win.

He didn't necessarily play well the last few games, but neither has Brodeur.

Love what Tortorella is saying right now

Dude he had 1 bad game. Maybe 2. He kept us in sooooo mny games

This offense makes the knicks look smooth

Got alot of love for the heart of this team. Fun year. Gonna speak more tomorrow

Serious bout that dream btw

Nice work, jersey. Should be a good final. Go kings though
laugh.gif

Kings in 7 I'll say. Excited for this final.

On another note, just realized how to split the keyboard on my iPad
eek.gif
pimp.gif

congrats to the devils and their fans here.... This one hurts REAL bad but I'm confident that this is only the beginning for this Rangers team and this was a great experience for guys like Stepan, McDonagh, Hagelin, and Del Zotto. Hopefully we'll be back next year even stronger.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

congrats to the devils and their fans here.... This one hurts REAL bad but I'm confident that this is only the beginning for this Rangers team and this was a great experience for guys like Stepan, McDonagh, Hagelin, and Del Zotto. Hopefully we'll be back next year even stronger.

Really hope so man, really do.  This one's going to sting for a while though.. esp. how we lost, the puck should of been cleared like 3 times 
frown.gif
Like Dub said, taking nothing away from the Devil's they won the series flat out with class and hustle.  I don't think the Kings are just gonna walk all over them like some people do, it's gonna be a great series, I even think the Devils are gonna take it.

He's one of, if not THE best goalie in the league. Only guy who I can think of whose team's success falls 100% on his shoulders. He has to stand on his head every night for the Rangers to win.
League MVP and Vezina winner.

Its imperative Rangers get a PowerForward who can not be moved in front of the net.

Im thinking Kreider has that type of body type but he is very skilled, he may not be willing to take those waks in the back of the legs and spine.

too much perimeter skill stars, No muckers. needed an adam Graves type.

Vezina winner but he's not MVP over Quick. Can't agree with that. The Kings offense and team was horrid for a while, would be in the cellar without him. That team will be back next year and they'll get a cup in their window, I have no doubt about that. Much respect to the Ranger fans on here. A great series with a great ending. We need this series every year.

Originally Posted by hymen man

I don't think the Kings are just gonna walk all over them like some people do, it's gonna be a great series, I even think the Devils are gonna take it.
Have you actually watched a Kings playoff game (not browsed for minutes here and there)? Serious question.

Originally Posted by hymen man

esp. how we lost, the puck should of been cleared like 3 times 
frown.gif
I still sit here the morning after wondering how that puck wasn't cleared or trapped by Henrik
30t6p3b.gif

Lack of defense the last few games is what did the Rangers in. Too many times did the Devils have 2 on 1, even 3 on 1, opportunities on the puck. And there were times where the Rangers passed the puck around instead of taking shots. I know their game is to play from behind the net, but shots need to be taken, even at some inopportune times.

Kings/Devils should be good, I have Kings in 6.

The Devils are tough and won't be walked over but those top 2 lines of LA are going to quite the change from the Rangers.

They get to the net and get shots.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

League MVP and Vezina winner.

Its imperative Rangers get a PowerForward who can not be moved in front of the net.

Im thinking Kreider has that type of body type but he is very skilled, he may not be willing to take those waks in the back of the legs and spine.

too much perimeter skill stars, No muckers. needed an adam Graves type.
Callahan? Dubinsky? Prust? Boyle? Fedotenko? Mitchell? Rupp? Scott?

NYR has plenty of grinders. They play tight, heavy hockey. The problem with playing that style for 82+ games, however, is that eventually you wear down. In this instance, NJD's aggressive forecheck was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." The Rangers-- like Philly in the series previous-- simply couldn't handle it.

Congratulations to the Devils. They were dominated this series (despite it going to 6 games), and deserved to win.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and not one of thse guys is stansd in front of the net and scores goals.
?

Callahan, Prust, Boyle, Fedotenko, and to a lesser extent, Dubi get most of their chances in front of the net. Darcy Tucker specials.

The rangers need the opposite of a grinder. They need a high end scorer. I realize gaborik is there, but I feel like he's not the guy to put them over the top.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

The rangers need the opposite of a grinder. They need a high end scorer. I realize gaborik is there, but I feel like he's not the guy to put them over the top.

how quickly you forget how he pretty much led the points race until the end just a few short seasons ago as a blue shirt...

I think Brad Richards is the odd man out..

obv wouldnt call him a bust of a signing, but never really felt like he was a good mesh n Torts system

they need a new coach, Torts personality/swag fits NY but not the system... theyve got ALOT of speed, one more prolific puck mover at the blue line or center and they could really fly.

those guys are 10 goal scorers per year at best

I Love cally's game but he isnt the great screener rebound scorer that posts in front of the net. the rest of those guys should Not even be mentioned with the type of scorer Im talking about.

Its The Main reason the Rangers Power play is garbage
Ace
eek.gif
you think the Rangers need more perimeter guys who cant do anything around the crease in traffic?

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

how quickly you forget how he pretty much led the points race until the end just a few short seasons ago as a blue shirt...

And how did that work out this post season? regular season points don't always translate to post season performance. Gabby had a couple big goals, but 11 points in 20 games in post season is meh. They need more. The fact of the matter is they had to rely too much on henrik. If he wasn't a stonewall, they weren't doing anything.Gunna, I don't think it's a perimeter versus dirty goal type of player. They have the muckers and grinders. You can't win with just that. You need balance. Without the one piece, the other won't work well. I don't think gabby is the guy, and Richards had his moments but huge waste of money IMO. I'm interested to see what the rangers do this offseason, make some changes or do they think they can get it done with this team.

I think more finesse guys dont/wont fit in with the style of play.

there were plenty of "opportunities" for the Rangers to score, but no one to capitalize and put it in the net. there were so many rebounds off Brodeur yet no one around to get to the puck. there's no one on the roster to get those goals.

I dont even know the PP stats in the playoffs but the Rangers had to be right there with the worst and not having those guys in front is a Big reason

I had/have no problems with Torts or Richards.

Very disappointed in del Zotto's and Gaborik's play

Back
Top Bottom