OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

7347033942_a5216af12d_o.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I can't blame him, though.

If the New Jersey Devils have even half the discipline of coach Pete DeBoer, they should be just fine in Game 5 against the L.A. Kings on Saturday.

In an off-beat post-practice press conference, DeBoer was asked about his team's level of "focus." Instead, he was happy to point out his own remarkable resolve in Game 4 given the, um, distractions he faced.

Positioned directly behind the Devils' bench on Wednesday was well-endowed adult film star Taylor Stevens, but DeBoer didn't seem to give her much thought or attention with his team trying to prevent the sweep.

"You saw my 100% focus on the game," DeBoer joked. "Now that's focus."

DeBoer's face turned bright red as he chuckled about the situation. As he walked off the podium, someone asked about his wife's reaction.

He was ready for that one, gladly acknowledging that he had won himself some brownie points at home.

"She saw the focus."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Game 5 almost here.

Between this , Game 7 ECF & the yeezys... fuuuuu
30t6p3b.gif

i feel you...this game, Game 7 ECF and Pac/Bradley...its a busy/awesome sports night
pimp.gif

GO KINGS GO!

just as i get the game on, Parise goal 
mad.gif

the devils are controlling this puck and this game. kings need to pick it up

ugh. kings played 592392% better than this in the first 3 games. devils controlled possession and the kings were chasing damn near the whole game...plus the devils forecheck completely stopped the breakout in its tracks. ugh. oh well...win this one in LA. go kings go!

bottom line to me is that game 6 is the kings game 7

win and these last 2 games are forgotten and Los Angeles celebrates tomorrow night. lose and it's pretty much a wrap that the Kings make history for all the wrong reasons while the devils are on the right side of things.

pretty much to me the Devils got the bounces in games 4 and 5 that the Kings got in games 1 and 2 imo.

the Kings had their chances in games 4 and 5 but missed out. Quick has only given up 2 goals in each of the losses, but the way it feels right now it seems like he's going to have to shut the Devils out to get the win.

Dustin Brown needs to wake the hell up as well.

I'm confident they can close it out on monday but if they don't the saying "It was all good just a week ago" will be fitting.

I'm sure it comes with the territory every year, but seriously family and friends texting and calling the players to get tix??  
30t6p3b.gif

Get those distractions outta the way, it's no wonder the Kings are staying at a hotel during home games.  

They need to treat this as Game 7, no way you wanna fly back to NJ.  End this tonight. 

^ I read an interview where Lucic mentioned that last year he was buying tickets off of StubHub for friends and family in Vancouver.

Staying in a hotel while at home is pretty standard for teams in the playoffs for the reason you noted, and to maintain a consistent environment for players.

As a kings fan to me this is the biggest game in their existence

It's either going to be a celebration tonight or depression. No middle line.

Get this win tonight by any means necessary

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

As a kings fan to me this is the biggest game in their existence

It's either going to be a celebration tonight or depression. No middle line.

Get this win tonight by any means necessary

"Make History, or be History"  

Back
Top Bottom