OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Cartman on the big Screen. I hear him
roll.gif
pimp.gif

This dude Kovy just stands there for 75% of the time just looking for 1 times.

Only time i see dude move is when he gets breakout passes for breakaways...

Go watch the Rangers..
...oh wait

roll.gif
pimp.gif

It's partly LA's defense and partly that the guy has been killed by that abdominal injury since the Florida series.  Heart can only carry you so far.

I know the Devils have had a good amount of PP's but Quick deliberately holding on to the stick and Penner slashing Zidlicky's hand on the breakaway, one of those has to be called.

Refs trying VERY hard to hand Jersey this game...........

That "slash" on Zidlicky was barely anything........that would never be called, he has been whining way too much in order for the refs to give that guy a call like that.

These dudes are letting them have it! 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

roll.gif

pimp.gif

It's partly LA's defense and partly that the guy has been killed by that abdominal injury since the Florida series.  Heart can only carry you so far.

I know the Devils have had a good amount of PP's but Quick deliberately holding on to the stick and Penner slashing Zidlicky's hand on the breakaway, one of those has to be called.
Kovy has never been a hard worker on the ice / lazy. Thats why so many people this season has seen that Kovy is actually starting to play harder than he usually does.  But He loves standing there waiting for One timers or waiting for breakout passes.
Especially on the PP. Quick and his Injury obviously doesnt help his ability to move, the little he does. That just my observations.  If you compare dude to other prolific goal scorers, he surley doesnt work as hard to create goals as compared to Ovi, Crosby, Malkin or a Stamkos... or even Parise, Parise stays bangin it out in the crease for goals.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Refs trying VERY hard to hand Jersey this game...........

That "slash" on Zidlicky was barely anything........that would never be called, he has been whining way too much in order for the refs to give that guy a call like that.

I wouldn't say barely anything, he slashed his hand if not for that he would have had a clean SOG not that it would have mattered with Quick there.  But like I said, Jersey has had more than their share of chances.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

richards to carter
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and for resurrecting dustin penner (because for most of his Kings career, he sucked and I hated him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and justin williams! 2 PP goals...the mayans forewarned about this...
roll.gif
pimp.gif

jesus the whole team is beasting...but J. Quick is earning that Conn Smythe (IF all goes well...
nerd.gif
)

Originally Posted by frink85

Paulina Gretzky to the left of The Great One...?
smokin.gif

She's on another level 
pimp.gif

And la's top guys came to play, they are just too good for anyone right now. That first line is unreal.

one. more. win. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

lived in LA my whole life, only been following hockey/the Kings since '01 and the Frenzy on Figueroa...but damn its really getting close now
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

These dudes are letting them have it! 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

pimp.gif

Kovy has never been a hard worker on the ice / lazy. Thats why so many people this season has seen that Kovy is actually starting to play harder than he usually does.  But He loves standing there waiting for One timers or waiting for breakout passes.
Especially on the PP. Quick and his Injury obviously doesnt help his ability to move, the little he does. That just my observations.  If you compare dude to other prolific goal scorers, he surley doesnt work as hard to create goals as compared to Ovi, Crosby, Malkin or a Stamkos... or even Parise, Parise stays bangin it out in the crease for goals.

And if you've watched Kovy throughout the season and playoffs he's done exactly what you've described this year.  Yea, on the PP he loves standing and waiting for one timers.  That's not changing.  He's changed his entire make up and his game this year.  I disagree with those observations, especially after this season/postseason.  Parise bangs it out in the crease because that's what he excels at.  Kovy has one of the best shots (one timer or otherwise in the game), he's not going to divert from that.  It's paid dividends this year far more than it's been a hole in the game.

And if you've watched Kovy throughout the season and playoffs he's done exactly what you've described this year.  Yea, on the PP he loves standing and waiting for one timers.  That's not changing.  He's changed his entire make up and his game this year.  I disagree with those observations, especially after this season/postseason.  Parise bangs it out in the crease because that's what he excels at.  Kovy has one of the best shots (one timer or otherwise in the game), he's not going to divert from that.  It's paid dividends this year far more than it's been a hole in the game.

I havent watched the devils in the reg enough to say that he hasnt but in his CAREER, hes a lazy player ...

I havent watched the devils in the reg enough to say that he hasnt but in his CAREER, hes a lazy player ...

That I'll definitely agree with but this season and the playoffs he's been a different player.  Maybe he reverts back to the norm next year but I think he's a changed player and bought into PD's system.  But they've disappeared as a whole in this series, Kings are shutting them down and looking great doing it.  Hard to see them not get swept.

lol at all these guys picking at their beards the whole time during the postgame presser

Back
Top Bottom