OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Can't believe the Kings pulled this off. Congrats to them and their fanbase here on NT.

They were the model of efficiency in the playoffs. They won their series quickly (no pun) and were able to rest/recover. Seeding be damned, they did their thing.

Again, congrats.

Great time to be an Angeleno right now. I am really proud of what we just pulled  off even tho it took 45 yrs to raise the CUP in L.A. AGAINST ALL THE ODDS HISTORY IS MADE 
pimp.gif

Thanks Everyone for the praise.   I was 9 years old when I got a the Gretzky Tribute Beckett Magazine, and that did it for me, I instantly became a fan not just of the Kings but of hockey.  
It's still feels incredible!

Hey Frink, I know I'm not the only one who couldn't fight back the tears 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Thanks Everyone for the praise.   I was 9 years old when I got a the Gretzky Tribute Beckett Magazine, and that did it for me, I instantly became a fan not just of the Kings but of hockey.  
It's still feels incredible!

Hey Frink, I know I'm not the only one who couldn't fight back the tears 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
feels good man.

But hah nah, no tears over here...just a big-%%% smile on my face. Lewis' empty netter, Greene's goal, Quick taking the Conn Smythe, DB hoisting the cup...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Still buzzing over this run! Only after the fact can you sit back and realize how amazing it was!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

S/o to the Devils for not getting swept. cus man it sure looked like it

A reason I'm not as upset as I thought it would be that it's over, I kinda prepared myself that the season would be over soon.  Says a lot that they kept fighting but the hole was too big and the Kings are too good of a team to lose four straight.  It may be a while before NJ gets back to this place.

After such a great season/postseason, it would KILL to have the season start late or be locked out.

Are the Kings the only LA team thats not hated? 
laugh.gif

Anyway, it was good to see Luc Robitaille speak and join in the celebration.  Didn't even know he's in the front office.  Still got my "Cool Hand Luc" poster somewhere in the garage

I hope the Kings management have assigned Carter and Richards chaperones/babysitters
laugh.gif

congrats LA fans... there was no denying this team this year... helluva cup run
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Congrats FB & frink85, what an amazing performance your team displayed throughout the playoffs.

Thanks 
happy.gif

Secured my free tickets for the championship rally on Thursday.   

man, i see y'all mentioning potential lockout here and there. totally slipped my mind that there's a possibility of that happening
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Congrats FB & frink85, what an amazing performance your team displayed throughout the playoffs.

Thanks 
happy.gif

Secured my free tickets for the championship rally on Thursday.   
pimp.gif

Not much of a hockey guy, but it was a treat to see the Kings bring the cup to LA. 

First time posting in this thread. I am a Islanders fan but a huge jon quick fan he went to my school and I have met him but I went to game 5 in NJ. I am so pumped he won the MVP and I hope he brings it back to Connecticut.

havent had a chance to, but congrats to LAK and their fans (on here especially. all $@+%%%@ 2 of you
laugh.gif
)

but for real, congrats. nice to see a celebration on home ice. have fun at the parade

UNREAL!

Such an amazing team...Alot of the guys I know have said that NJ is a very very very tough team to play against and the Kings took them down with poise and ease. Classy guys on both teams!

Also, Giroux is named the NHL 13 cover! It will be announced during NHL AWARDS where Ill be with Karl...should be unreal!

^i hate you, dude
laugh.gif

nah, that's awesome man. partying in vegas with hockey players...cant imagine how nuts it is.

Back
Top Bottom