OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

That shea weber offer sheet is insane....i still cant get over these 13 and 14 year deals

Jesus...I hope the Preds match.  Don't want to deal w. Weber in the East.  Can you imagine the nasty on that defense is Pronger comes back as well??? 

I dont see pronger as doing much. But even so, Weber on Philly is a problem. Open up those pockets, Nashville

this is ******g ******ed, i swear.

I could go on about this particular subject... but after Kovys deal i knew teams were gunna start doin this :smh:

**** you Philly :lol:

<--- salty.

i dont think the preds can match... or really would be worth it when your gettin 4 firsts. plus at the end of the day he wants out :frown:

Weber >>>>>>>> 4 late 1st rd. picks.

Smartest thing for Poile to do is to match, and if Weber does want out/they can't afford the full contract, trade him next off-season.\

Also, I'm not sure that Weber wanted out so much as he wanted the lifetime contract. He could have become a UFA next year, but with the impending CBA negotiations, could have ended up with a 5-7 year deal at the most. If he absolutely doesn't want to be in Nashville, I don't think he'd sign the offer sheet knowing they could very well match and he could be stuck there 14 years.

Last edited:
Weber >>>>>>>> 4 late 1st rd. picks.
Smartest thing for Poile to do is to match, and if Weber does want out/they can't afford the full contract, trade him next off-season.\
Also, I'm not sure that Weber wanted out so much as he wanted the lifetime contract. He could have become a UFA next year, but with the impending CBA negotiations, could have ended up with a 5-7 year deal at the most. If he absolutely doesn't want to be in Nashville, I don't think he'd sign the offer sheet knowing they could very well match and he could be stuck there 14 years.

THIS.

Holmgren was shrewd w. this deal. Ball is in Poile's court. If Weber goes (for pretty much nothing), this would cripple the franchise more than what happens on ice.

In light of that Weber offer sheet...

Fun fact that was just posted on twitter, back in 1997, the Avalanche had to sell equity from the Pepsi Center (which was still in blueprint stage) for cash to match Rangers offer sheet for Joe Sakic.

ALSO....

Spending $26M in one calendar yr, NSH would be forking over 16% of entire franchise net worth ($163M in '11 accd to Forbes) to match offer

Last edited:
listening to the radio, they think the ownership won't match it because of the poison pill Flyers put. Saying Nashville isn't a profit team.

another theory they said is both teams might've worked out a deal which would send 4st picks and a couple players. instead of couts and schenn

its going to be interesting

what's the deadline for nashville to match? tuesday/wed? somehow i don't see it happening. sucks for their fans and team.

god i'm at the point of the sports year where i am dying for football and hockey to start. baseball alone isn't enough to keep me entertained. i need to look into a gf for the summer months :lol:

god i'm at the point of the sports year where i am dying for football and hockey to start. baseball alone isn't enough to keep me entertained. i need to look into a gf for the summer months :lol:

this x 1,000 especially considering I'm a Mets fan. Baseball season ended about 2 weeks ago and its only July fml :x

Rick Nash trade to New York Rangers in process now. Details to follow.

@DarrenDreger

You just know the Rangers gave up just about every young asset they had....can't wait to see who's going to Columbus...

im guessing Stepan + Dubinsky +?

edit - Dreger reports no Stepan, Prolly MDZ

edit - Dubinski, Erixon, 1st + one more piece TBD

edit - 4th piece is Anisimov

you know what... thats actually not bad. didnt have to gut the team considering what Howson was expecting intially. didnt have to give up Kreider, MDZ, Stepan, McDonagh

but that 7.8 cap hit through 2017-2018 sucks

Last edited:
PHYSICX!

And that trade for Nash, wow. Rangers winning that trade. Also I HOPE YOUR CAREER ROTS IN COLUMBUS, TIM ERIXON. HAHA THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH THE FLAMES AND DEMANDING TO BE TRADED AFTER. EFF YOU.

im guessing Stepan + Dubinsky +?
edit - Dreger reports no Stepan, Prolly MDZ
edit - Dubinski, Erixon, 1st + one more piece TBD
edit - 4th piece is Anisimov
you know what... thats actually not bad. didnt have to gut the team considering what Howson was expecting intially. didnt have to give up Kreider, MDZ, Stepan, McDonagh
but that 7.8 cap hit through 2017-2018 sucks

Cap hit sucks...but the pieces they gave up (and keeping their D intact) are small beans compared to the return.

Personally, I would have asked for Kreider, MDZ, Stepan, or DZ in the package. But that's me being greedy. Rangers offense is gonna get a serious jolt. There wont be as much pressure on Nash to carry the team, like he was asked to do for the Blue Jackets. I think this is a real good deal for the Rangers. Dude should have 75 points at a minimum this year.

Fair value for Nash, IMO.

You have to believe Howson pushed hard for Stepan. Guess he came up short.

EDIT: To preface my comments, I should say: I think Nash is highly overrated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom