OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

at least FA about to begin
laugh.gif

now watch Homer do something stupid tho
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

we have enough trouble beating MIN as is, now $%@$ is gonna be EVEN HARDER
laugh.gif

always thought MIN was a good spot for the Winter Classic with the market but not enough mainstream appeal. maybe this is their ticket

Originally Posted by Physicx

always thought MIN was a good spot for the Winter Classic with the market but not enough mainstream appeal. maybe this is their ticket
Good point.

Minny might get the push in 2014.

Wow, thats crazy but not completely unexpected. Also a Winter Classic in Minnesota would be pretty cool

Maybe now we can see some deals getting done

It's so weird lurking this thread.
Every other team/sport thread in S&T is bickering and insanity.

You come in here, "Oh great pickup for that team, they really deserve it".

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Northwest Division is looking ALOT scarier after this summer.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST WOKE UP!!!!
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

SUTER & PARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

1023472_o.gif
2hgcmd5.gif

482955_10151888065340223_749234399_n.jpg

Bobby - i have to man...

130826_o.gif

This thread is a sanctuary for hockey fans. If anyone wants to bicker, whine or talk trash the HF Board is just a click away
laugh.gif

With that being said they are going ape #$%$ on that site right now
roll.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

Minny now has: Parise, Heater, Koivu, Seto, Brodziak, and Suter and Gilbert on the back-end.

eek.gif
Strong prospects as well: Coyle, Granlund and Dumba
DEER GAWD 
sick.gif

Hey man, I can't even be mad Zach went home. I'm still gonna root hard for him to win a Cup. Congrats Decembers, got your new captain
pimp.gif

Shocked Suter signed there too TBH, I thought he'd follow the money for sure. Let's see what Lou does now.

Basically NT's hockey thread is my only hockey spot, most of my forums ded. And i hate HF. And with that wow at both signings. Cant wait to see Flames dead last in this division. Congrats wild fans. Trade us Seto after
wink.gif
we trade you the brother granlund.

Thanks bruhs...
Russo article after talking to Ryan & Zach and how they came to choose the Wild ... Great Quotes and info in here.. 
pimp.gif
 Love the contract structure...

Zach Parise and Ryan Suter talked to the media via a conference call this afternoon. A few quotes follow.

Also, some contract details, as they are both on 13-year, $98 million deals: Suter and Parise each will make $12 million the next two seasons, $11 million the year after that, five years of $9 million, then $8 million, $6 million, $2 million, $1 million and $1 million the last five years.

This includes $10 million signing bonuses the first two years, meaning $2 million in-season salaries.

Now to some quotes:

Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher:

“This is a great day in the history of the Minnesota Wild. ... These are high character people who are going to add as much off the ice and in the community as they do on the ice.

“We will have cap space going forward to continue adding to our rosters and make adjustments.

“These signings will resonate well with our fans. Our goal wasn’t to make a splash, it was to make us better. The real work is just starting. ... If we assume we just have to go to camp and get out on the ice, we’re kidding ourselves. ... 

“It’s a great start ... we have a lot of character on our team, we added a lot of talent.

Zach Parise, who will wear No. 11:

“Ryan and I had talked throughout the year, at the time you always say to each other, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have a chance play with each other on the same team?’ Was it realistic at the time? I don’t know. Different teams have to have the availability. I know how great Ryan is ... to have an opportunity to play with a guy of that caliber is a great opportunity. We kept in touch throughout the whole process. You have to decide what is best for you.

“This meant a lot to me and to my family. My parents were so excited ... I grew up here. I love coming back here in the summers, I enjoy it so much, [thought] it would be great to be here year round.

“In the end, it came down between New Jersey and Minnesota. I have great friends in New Jersey. I’m a loyal person. I loved playing there. It came down to coming home and being around family.

“I always hoped that I would have an opportunity to play in Minnesota. We do have a lot of ties to Minnesota, but ... every kid that’s growing up in Minnesota would like to play for the Wild, and ... we’re lucky to make it happen.

“There are great fans in New Jersey. As far as going back there, it’ll be pretty unique, it’ll be pretty tough with all the memories that I have there. From a fan’s standpoint, I think I gave everything I had when I played there, I don’t think anyone could argue that. I can see it from their standpoint, but I’m confident in saying that I did everything I could have when I was there.

The odds on Minny to win the Cup went from 200-1 to 22-1 after the signings 
laugh.gif

Good for them though, they are going to be a real exciting team to watch.

Originally Posted by cquan05

The odds on Minny to win the Cup went from 200-1 to 22-1 after the signings 
laugh.gif

Good for them though, they are going to be a real exciting team to watch.

co-sign

at least hes outta r division if hes not gunna be the third wheel in Pitt
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by Physicx

Good point.

Minny might get the push in 2014.
i would think (and hope) so

in 2014, i think it would make sense to market 2 marquee American all-stars  in anticipation of Sochi to gauge viewship for Olympic US hockey

edit - kinda crazt we only have 1 Wild fan. cause this thread would be full of "ajlkdfadfhaghjsdhgkhak OMG OMG
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. YALL CANT !$!% WITH US"

laugh.gif

Re: Winter Classic, from what I remember the unofficial schedule (as of February 2012) was:

2014: Washington
2015: New York (at Yankee Stadium, as the Pinstripe Bowl contract expires)

But I agree, I think Minny will probably get bumped ahead of Washington.

I am very happy that they chose Minny if not Detroit.... I would have been pissed to see them in NJ, Chi or Pitts.... No clue what the Wings do from here... Their blueliners are atrocious outside of Kronwall who is very erratic... Hopefully Brendan Smith is ready to make a name for himself in the L... Lost the 2 best DMen from last year in Stuart and Lids

Matt Carle got a huge contract from the Lightning. 
sick.gif

Also any of you guys know any sim leagues looking for GMs? I miss playing them, or anyone on NT that can make a sim league? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom