OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Kassian on the top line with the Sedin twins is a good move. A lot of people will think twice before trying to purse-snatch from #33/#22.

It's kinda crazy how fans responded after the lockout across all fan bases. Almost all home openers have been sellouts. The Columbus Blue Jackets stadium is sold out... Like what? Ratings and sales have been crazy..

That's a welcomed sighting regardless of all the bitterness and people wanting to send the NHL a msg by boycotting the league.

For those of you considering GCL:

Overall, it's a solid service for two types of people: i) hockey-obsessed fans who want the ability to watch every game and ii) out of market fans.

Pros:
- Number of games: You have access to every out-of-market NHL game in HD.
- Interfunctionality: GCL connects to your computer, phone, tablet, XBOX, PS3 and Roku. The PS3 application, which I had last year, also gave me access to NHL Vault games and every game from the last 3 season. This was especially awesome because I didn't have cable last year so I could watch games on my LED.

Cons:
- Delays: Games are slightly delayed (about 5-10 seconds)
- Glitches: GCL went down about 3 times last season, and I had no access to games. Tech support is useless.
- Commercial breaks: This is a small, but annoying feature. During commercial breaks, they play this awful, continuous guitar riff with visuals of NHL Store sales. I noticed that for home broadcasts they sometimes aired commercials from the actual broadcast, which was a welcome respite.

Last edited:
Brunner's shootout winner tonight
eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
saw that live. what a goal.

I woulda def. pulled a hammy trying to mirror that.

on another note - although only two games in. It's finally nice to see Kadri be productive

* Jaromir Jagr had a bombastic debut for the Dallas Stars, scoring two goals and adding two more assists in his team's 4-3 win over the Phoenix Coyotes. Jagr, who was absolutely spectacular in the game, apologized after the game for not being at his best while still dealing with jet lag.

:rofl:

* Teemu Selanne was just as good for the Anaheim Ducks, adding two goals and two assists of his own in the 7-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks. Selanne and Jagr, both over 40 years old and two of the few players remaining from the lockout-shortened 48-game season, now lead the NHL in scoring.

:pimp: Teemu got a nice jump on getting that PPG one more time.

Sry I dropped the ball on the yahoo league fellas. Been hella busy

Anyway great start to the season for geno and the pens

Physix I'm almostttt as excited as u to watch the young oil this year. Hall n Ederle yakupov n RNH :x:smh:

This years Calder is goin to vlad tarasenko. My god is the kid dirty n jus NHL rdy big n strong

I kno it's hella early but I bet he leaves nail and granuland n the dust in the pt race even on a blues teams chock full of talented forwards

I love hearing the overreactions from fans after two games with a limited camp and a tight schedule :lol: Al Trautwig was going crazy trying to figure out what's wrong with the Rangers after two games. Relax a little.

Tell me about it, you'd think the Flyers were 0-20 on the season right now down here in Philly

Everyone blaming Bryz when he's been pretty good and the reason Buffalo didn't win 10-2 on Sunday

Can't wait for the Flyers/Devils tonight!

On a side note does anyone know a good place to get a jersey stitched?

Found this gem at Marshall's for $14.99 but Jagr's gotta come off lol

I just realized Time Warner has HD channels for all the Center Ice channels. I should have known better to expect they'd be free too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom