OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

maybe im biased cuz thats my team but it definitely looks like he put a lil something into his leg when hes coming down.

damn im depressed ..... time to logoff :smh: :smh: :smh:

It's hard to say bc Cooke is the player in question but I can't imagine someone wanting to cut someone with their skate

agree with DMX...historically cooke's been a punk. but lately he's changed his ways it seems. that's a tough play to call intentional or unintentional.

and im seeing that it looked like the play should have been blown dead 10 seconds before that injury. that's a tough break. hope karlsson makes a speedy recovery.

Just spoke to Erik, he will be getting surgery tonight and then he said he'll know after. Right now, nothing is certain.

the city is devastated right now.

I cant sit here and say that was intentional. Just an unfortunate circumstance for Karlsson.

Last edited:
If it was anyone else other than Cooke, the benefit of the doubt would be given instantly. Due to Cooke's rep, he's not given that same leeway as the next man. I still stand firm in my belief that there was ZERO ill intent on Cooke's part to injure Karlsson like that. It was a freak injury and I feel bad for both guys.

Not to mention when Matt was playing 'dirty' he still didn't do anything like this. It was elbows and high cheap shots, but nothing of this nature that I can recall

looking forward to this flyers game tonight. Hopefully they don't get shut out by brodeur again i would hate to see that

If any of you have played hockey at any sort of competitive level then you will know this type of thing is just a normal action. You use your leg to pin the guy against the boards so he can't go anywhere and your feet almost ALWAYS come up in the manner that Cooke's did.

I believe it was completely unintentional, there was no way Cooke was TRYING to cut Karlsson. I understand Melnyk's frustration 3000% obviously, but he's being a little girl about this. He should have hit the bag a few times before he did his press conference.

I imagine everyone does know that Quan. It's just Cooke's reputation. Warranted because of his past or unwarranted because of how he has been the last couple of years, whichever way you want to look at it. Which is why I said what I said. I don't think it was and I truly hope it wasn't.

If any of you have played hockey at any sort of competitive level then you will know this type of thing is just a normal action. You use your leg to pin the guy against the boards so he can't go anywhere and your feet almost ALWAYS come up in the manner that Cooke's did.

I believe it was completely unintentional, there was no way Cooke was TRYING to cut Karlsson. I understand Melnyk's frustration 3000% obviously, but he's being a little girl about this. He should have hit the bag a few times before he did his press conference.

I get he is frustrated but his comments are making him and the organization look foolish. Pens v Jets tonight

The Flyers are just bad this year

They have NO offense, Giroux has no one without Hartnell because at least he can finish the passes that no one else has been doing

Bryaden Schenn is a huge bust at this point to me, he doesn't seem to hustle at all

The Flyers are just bad this year

They have NO offense, Giroux has no one without Hartnell because at least he can finish the passes that no one else has been doing

Bryaden Schenn is a huge bust at this point to me, he doesn't seem to hustle at all

Insert Ric Flair Whoooooo gif......

Just playing. Glad the Pens got the W. Anyone else going to be in Chicago this weekend for outdoor hockey? :smokin

Back
Top Bottom