OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Yes, will be watching for swift redemption tonight.

Leafs got a squad. Kadri, JVR, Kessel, Phaneuf. Reimer and Fraser pleasant surprises for Toronto.

DSA: What happened against the Leafs? Missed the game on Saturday.

J's must be happy with Ovie throwing on his cape.

No joke....if it wasn't for his slow start and his lack of scoring 5 v 5, I have NO doubt that Ovechkin would be leading the league in goals this year. Dude has been on fire as of late and once this team can get some actual balance out of their top-6, I think we'll be seeing a return to the high-flying Caps squads that we got used to watching from a few years back.

*So, BRad Richards is getting crap because he's not living up to his contract....honestly, who didn't see that coming? He's eventually going to have the same fate as Scott Gomez and Wade Redden, IMO.

Have always preferred to root for Ovie as opposed to Sid or even Malkin. Don't the Caps have to surround #8 with more talent within the next year?

Richards was sick in Tampa with Vinny and MSTL.

Have always preferred to root for Ovie as opposed to Sid or even Malkin. Don't the Caps have to surround #8 with more talent within the next year?

Richards was sick in Tampa with Vinny and MSTL.

Yea...the talent in the top-6 right now is a question. After the Montreal series a few years back, George McPhee panicked and altered the identity of the team. Since then, they've been lost. Making Boudreau change his system and eventually firing him were two of the worst decisions this franchise has made. That being said, they have an extremely bright coach in Adam Oates, but they need more players with skill. There is no reason for Ovechkin to skate on a line with guys like Joey Crabb, Jay Beagle, Jason Chimera, and Matt Hendricks. My gut feeling is McPhee was banking on Kuznetsov to be here in the NHL by now. Kuz deferred his decision and is staying in the KHL (due to Olympic pressure) until after the 13-14 season. By all accounts, he's the best player currently NOT in the NHL. I've seen comparisons to Semin and Malkin. On top of it all, the Caps have another stud in their system in Filip Forsberg. He should be over around the same time as Kuz.

Until then, who knows? This team is extremely flawed and something needs to be done to balance out the offense. The elephant in the room is what to do with Mike Ribeiro. Caps needed a 2C for the longest time and finally they acquired one this past summer. Ribeiro's contract is up after this year...he's 33, and looking for a long-term deal. Do the Caps give it to him or trade him to bring back quality assets? The April 3 trade deadline is going to be interesting to watch.

I'll say right now that no matter what happens before then, this team will win the SE.

Kari Lehtonen completely dropped the Kings scoring confidence the last 2 games. :smh:

Couldn't have come at a worse time playing in Chicago tonight.

Last edited:
Shero ain't messing around...

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
Sharks trade Douglas Murray. @Real_ESPNLeBrun say its to Penguins.

Murray is one mean SOB. Pens might have the toughest blueline in the league with him and Engelland. Absolutely sick. They're going for it all this year. Can't wait to see them in the ECF vs. the B's. Gonna be EPIC.

James Neal isnt **** without Malkin dawg. :lol:

Of course anyone productions would go down without a guy like Gino but damn... Talk about disappearing.

Last edited:

So damn true.

This is not fair! How can Shero pull off two moves in two days and the Bruins can't even get a third pairing defenseman. I'm really mad that the Pens acquired Murray. He might be slow but he can stand people up. He would've been a good pairing with McQuaid. Imagine that.

Last edited:

So damn true.

This is not fair! How can Shero pull off two moves in two days and the Bruins can't even get a third pairing defenseman. I'm really mad that the Pens acquired Murray. He might be slow but he can stand people up. He would've been a good pairing with McQuaid. Imagine that.

When healthy, the Bruins defense isn't the team's issue. They have the best 1-6 in the league, IMO.

Scoring, on the other hand, continues to plague the team under Julien, and especially, post-Savard. The team dries up far too often. Even the year they won the Cup, they weren't particularly productive-- this, of course, was highlighted by the team's woefully inefficient PP numbers.

The Bruins desperately need another top-6 forward if they want to compete for another Cup. A platoon of Caron, Pandolfo, Bourque and/or Spooner, just isn't going to cut it.

Couldn't have said it better myself, TB.

Polar opposites between B's PP and PK. Expect more from Seguin, and even Looch.

IF we were to get a top forward, how do you think we'd handle the lines? Use that person on the third line? Or bump down someone like Seguin to center that third line? Or maybe shake up that "top" line of luc-krej-horty?

IF we were to get a top forward, how do you think we'd handle the lines? Use that person on the third line? Or bump down someone like Seguin to center that third line? Or maybe shake up that "top" line of luc-krej-horty?

It would obviously depend who they got-- and it's obviously a pipedream-- but if they acquired a true top-6, I would shift Lucic or Horton to 3L.

The more likely scenario, I'd suspect, is that they grab a guy like Clowe and slot him onto the wing beside Kelly/Pevs.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the B's will land Iginla.

I'm keep wrestling with this...

They clearly have the cap space. They're on his list. Arguably best team buying

I dunno... Why take this long if that's the move... Calgary must still b looking for a substantial return... I bet they wish they could rewind to 2010

Haven't been in here in ages... Whaddup doe!?!?!

Piffsburg :pimp:

On another unrelated side note. "Met" Wayne Simmonds (dapped him up at the bar)

It's confirmed... Simmers that dude. Despite that dumbass penalty the other night he looked like one of the flyers best players as usual

Edit: also I dunno y any bruins fan would wanna split up Seguin Bergeron... Redic chemistry. Patrice is criminally underrated

Last edited:
I'm keep wrestling with this...

They clearly have the cap space. They're on his list. Arguably best team buying

I dunno... Why take this long if that's the move... Calgary must still b looking for a substantial return... I bet they wish they could rewind to 2010

Haven't been in here in ages... Whaddup doe!?!?!

Piffsburg :pimp:

On another unrelated side note. "Met" Wayne Simmonds (dapped him up at the bar)

It's confirmed... Simmers that dude. Despite that dumbass penalty the other night he looked like one of the flyers best players as usual

Welcome back, mang! Good to have u in here during hockey season.

I know the Caps won't be doing **** in the playoffs (assuming they make it), but whoever lands Iggy - that's who I hope wins the cup.

In other news:

Filip Forsberg is Eligible to Play for the Washington Capitals This Season

I think he'll be in Hershey, but there's a slight chance he'll be with the big club this year....

&

Jonathan Larsson @JLarsson6

"Foppa (Filip Forsberg) is probably the most skilled player I've ever played with and ever will play with" - Michael Raffl

:pimp:

Future is somewhat bright with Forsberg, Kuz, and Wilson in the fold.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the B's will land Iginla.

I can see The Bruins landing Iginla but it would be just too much. They're saying a prospect, somebody on the varsity and a pick. I think that's just too much but it would help.

I would like to see Ryan Clowe on the team. He would fit in perfectly with the third line. Now we just have to get Pandolfo to leave.

Jesus Christ the Stars are terrible at taking care of the puck on the defensive end :smh:

Edit: Almost equally as ****** in the neutral zone...

Last edited:
What a game!

Those are the games the Wild need to learn to win.

Chyeah :pimp:

If there is one Dallas Star i was even mad at scoring though.. it was Goose. Still one of my fav dmen in the league.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom