OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

What was the lockout for? :smh:

I cant see how they'll keep Bobby Ryan after 2014-15

This new CBA is what enabled us to be able to keep Getzlaf and Perry. We may have been able to do one Parise/Suter/Weber type of contract, but not two. Don't think Pears deserved more than Getz, but 500K too much per year>losing him for nothing.

We are set up pretty damn well for the future cap wise, so I don't think keeping Bobby will be a problem, provided he wants to stay. We have one of the best prospect pools in the NHL, and the cap will more than likely start rising again after the dip to 64M next year.

12 game home win streak. Points in 21 of 22. Game in hand on CHI with two games head to head. We win those two and we might be looking at the President's Trophy.:pimp:

Last edited:
Cody Eakin w/ the "good job, good effort" in his tilt vs. Iginla :lol:

Oh yea....Bob Hartley, that wasn't anywhere close to being as dirty of a hit on Stajan as you claimed.

I'm surprised Eakin was willing to go :lol:

The Stars were a lot more physical last night than I've seen in a long time. Was the Stajan hit the one from Nystrom?

Last edited:
I'm surprised Eakin was willing to go :lol:

The Stars were a lot more physical last night than I've seen in a long time. Was the Stajan hit the one from Nystrom?

I don't think Eakin had much of a choice...questionable hit by him and if Iginla asks you to square up, you do it. :lol:

I don't think Eakin had much of a choice...questionable hit by him and if Iginla asks you to square up, you do it. :lol:
You're right :lol: I was getting into the car right as the fight ended, so I just now saw the part from right before the fight.

Love this part of the schedule the Stars have coming up at the end of the month. Three straight against the Ducks. As chippy as the first game was, three straight should be awesome.

Love this part of the schedule the Stars have coming up at the end of the month. Three straight against the Ducks. As chippy as the first game was, three straight should be awesome.

thats like a mini playoff series...pretty sweet :lol:

Rangers devils game been really exciting. Rangers scoring 2 goals in the first is like seeing a shooting star

Pens kill a 4 min penalty the score on the first possession full strength. Awesome job boys. Finish this game up

This Jets team just continues to impress me the more they play. This same scenario last year- down in the 3rd period to a contender they would have simply folded. I love the fight and heart they show, the compete level of guys like Kane, Ladd, Wheeler and Bogosian is awesome to watch.

I'm hoping we can hold on the lead in a very weak division (yes I'll admit the SE stinks) because home ice in the playoffs would be amazing :pimp:

It came in. :smokin

I know what you mean... :lol: Thats me everytime I see a Bobby Orr jersey.

The picture doesnt really do it justice. The emblem and lettering is more like a rough felt.

Ovechkin now leads the league in PPG. Just got to get him going on even-strength. I see no reason he can't score 40+ in a 82 game season going forward. I'm not worried about him and like I said before...Oates is going to make him a more complete player like what he did for Kovy.

Ovechkin now leads the league in PPG. Just got to get him going on even-strength. I see no reason he can't score 40+ in a 82 game season going forward. I'm not worried about him and like I said before...Oates is going to make him a more complete player like what he did for Kovy.

I feel like a lot of his even strength problems can be attributed to the decline of the constantly injured Mike Green.

Back
Top Bottom