OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Glad I'm up to see this one. Ray Shero is smart, he knows the cap is high and now is the time to strike.

I can't blame Iginla or Morrow for wanting to play here either. They are going to get set up all day.

Bring the cup here now!

Calgary GM Feaster says in his presser that Iginla waited for and picked Pittsburgh.

That's off Twitter. **** you, Jerome :lol:

Morrow supposedly picked the Pens over the B's too. Didn't stop Dallas from getting Pittsburgh's top prospect in the deal. This coupled with the O'reilly fiasco is just inexcusable from Feaster.
One of their top prospects, not their best prospect though.

As a Canucks fan, Jay Feaster is an amazing GM for Calgary.

How you trade Iginla for a Baconator and a rub down and not get fired will take some kind of witchcraft.

So..... wow.

It sounds like Iginla made the call, and waived for Pittsburgh.

By the way, all of my comments re: Feaster still apply. He might be the worst GM in NHL history.

How you trade Iginla for a Baconator and a rub down and not get fired will take some kind of witchcraft.
To be fair, Calgary didn't really get robbed in this trade. They got 2 very good promising prospects. I believe both are wingers, maybe one of them in a center. These guys should be in your lineup within the next 2-3 years and be able to contribute. I feel your pain though, I can't imagine how Iggy is going to look in a Pens uni

To be fair, Calgary didn't really get robbed in this trade. They got 2 very good promising prospects. I believe both are wingers, maybe one of them in a center. These guys should be in your lineup within the next 2-3 years and be able to contribute. I feel your pain though, I can't imagine how Iggy is going to look in a Pens uni

The scouting reports I've read suggest that both are 3rd liners at best. Given this, he essentially traded Iginla for the #30 pick and spare parts.

More broadly, it's utterly insane to me how enormously Feaster bungled Iginla's trade value. These rumors have been carrying on for at least 3 seasons and now, Feaster waits until the last minute and ships his captain off for a late 1st and 2 mid-level college prospects?!?!

Took this from HFBoards:

Josh Yohe, Penguins beat writer: (@JoshYohe_Trib)

"Recently asked a member of Pens organization to give me top 10 prospects in organization. Neither Agostino nor Hanowsi made the list".

Last edited:
Had to sign on just for :frown: suicide watch

I'm guessing Iggy may come back after Pens anyway, right? Right? :nerd: right? :frown:

Last edited:
Took this from HFBoards:

Josh Yoyo, Penguins beat writer: (@JoshYoyo_Trib)

"Recently asked a member of Pens organization to give me top 10 prospects in organization. Neither Agostino nor Hanowsi made the list".

Woooow.

Interested to see if/for what he trades Kipper.

Flames also had Craig Button who wasnt exactly Ken Holland.

The scouting reports I've read suggest that both are 3rd liners at best. Given this, he essentially traded Iginla for the #30 pick and spare parts.

More broadly, it's utterly insane to me how enormously Feaster bungled Iginla's trade value. These rumors have been carrying on for at least 3 seasons and now, Feaster waits until the last minute and ships his captain off for a late 1st and 2 mid-level college prospects?!?!
This is very true, Feaster is an idiot for not trying to get 1 of the Pens younger roster plays like Bennett or Vitale or Despres.

Took this from HFBoards:

Josh Yoyo, Penguins beat writer: (@JoshYoyo_Trib)

Fair enough, very surprised to hear that. I think Agostino would easily be a top 10 prospect for Pitts. One of my buddies is a freshmen on St. Cloud State, I'll have to ask him about Hanowski, but ti does seem like his offensive output dropped significantly this year.

I knew summin was up up with boston to take this long... shero strikes again

Jarome n da houseee :pimp:

Brb. Masturbating to our roster

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want Iggy to get a ring, but not like this. :smh:

*Just read the Pens are 4 mil below the cap as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom