OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

So all 3 guys the Rangers traded for have one more goal COMBINED than Gaby does this year. Trade makes NO sense.

When you look at it based purely on production maybe, but as I said before, they had no choice but to move one of Richards or Gaborik. They got back a very solid 2nd line center in Brassard, and a pretty good offensive d-man prospect in John Moore. Plus, Dorsett is a Prust type of guy for the 4th line. Most importantly it gives them the cap space to re-sign McDonagh and Stepan.

When you look at it based purely on production maybe, but as I said before, they had no choice but to move one of Richards or Gaborik. They got back a very solid 2nd line center in Brassard, and a pretty good offensive d-man prospect in John Moore. Plus, Dorsett is a Prust type of guy for the 4th line. Most importantly it gives them the cap space to re-sign McDonagh and Stepan.

I still think that Richards is going to have the same fate as Redden and Gomez. I understand the priority of re-signing McDonagh and Stepan, but Sather's forsight with some of these signings are more than curious.

*edit*

Stephen Whyno‏@SWhyno1m
#Caps waiting for trade call to be completed before announcing what they did.

:nerd:

Last edited:
This Caps move sounds big. Ryan Miller maybe?:nerd:

Great trade for both Minny and Buffalo. Both sides got what they needed.

Also like the Lombardi pick-up by the Ducks. Solid low risk move for a pretty skilled guy who is really fast. Dreaming of a Cogliano-Lombardi-Etem line. That would be some disgusting speed.:x

Last edited:
To Buf
1st 2013
2nd 2014
Hackett
Larsson

To Min
4th 2014
Pominville

Official.

HATE that we gave up a 1st and Larsson.. We lost in this trade.

Pominville is good but not THAT good to warrant Larsson AND a 1st of this yr.

Im salty but i believe something I could get over with a deep playoff run... Ill live with it.

Hackett is whatever. 2nd next yr in exchange for a 4th next yr. K fine. Larrson + 1st for Pominville... UGH...

Looks like Heatley wont be back with us next yr unless he takes HUGE paycut.. He'll be bought out. Harding might be bought out. Bouchard is gone....

Parise - Koivu - Pominville
Bouchard/Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Clutterbuck - Brodzi - Coyle/Heater
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

Though... :pimp:

Last edited:
Wade Redden to Boston for a conditional 7th....i'll take it, but was hoping for something more on the blue line than Redden

Last edited:
Martin Erat

Forsberg is pretty much off limits...welp i was wrong lol

Last edited:
Forsberg for Erat and Latta.

Ehhh. I am REALLY high on FF. I think he's gonna be a Perry type of player, so I don't like it at all for Washington.

Im pissed beyond belief at this trade. Saying it is awful would actually be a compliment. U dont trade the #2 prospect in ur system for a 31 yearl old winger w/ 21 points. Unbelievable. SMH.

Yeah.. Filip trade was crazy unexpected and not good.

I just want to vent on my displeasure of the price on the Wild trade

Im not sad to see Hackett leave at all. I like Gustafsson and Kuemper better anyways. I dont mind the swap of the 4th and the 2nd either. but Larsson AND the 1st for Pominville?

That last combo is where the over-payment is. It should've been one OR the other. But both.. :smh:

I really like Pominville though but anything but a deep playoff run should be considered a fail now.

We get a "f" to a "Is" and a quality one in return. I know Fletcher likes our scouting staff and we still have people like Haula and Lucia not signed still so i guess that makes Larsson expendable.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
spot on, bruh

I really hope he can make it back but we won't rush him. Most important player on the team is this guy. The most underrated player in the league is this guy. Bergeron is the man.

I have to give Chiarelli a solid B for the trades that he made. We definitely could have gotten more for the back end but we need more offense and I feel Hamilton is starting to pick up his offensive game being paired with Chara now.

I've calmed down a bit...

Erat is a good top-6 forward and should do better in Oates' system in comparison to what Trotz was running in Nashville. Put him on a line w/ AO and Backstrom, and he'll produce MUCH better than what he was showing in Nashville.

As far as Latta - the comparison that I saw (and that I really like) is that he plays similar to Steve Downie. Caps need this....just not at the expense of Forsberg.

All that being said, despite the rankings, the team probably holds Tom Wilson in higher regard than FF. Dude has been stellar this year in the OHL and I wonder if they think that holds more weight than Forsberg's play in the 2nd tier of the SEL?

I dunno...only time will tell on this one.

Brassard makes his presence felt for the Rangers right away with an assist for non other than Brad Rich. :pimp:

And Ryan Clowe with a secondary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom