OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Cru...

I'm like this:

ThyTk.gif

w/ a little bit of this:

kg1.gif

w/ this in the background:

:pimp:

You take Pominville now, don't you have him for another two years? Noooooooooo thanks.

i'd let him play on my third line...we've got GAPING holes on that line

not sure what we'd have to pay him tho

Last edited:
Looks like Pominville's cap hit is $5.3M next season, then he's an UFA.

Last edited:
IF we were to get a top forward, how do you think we'd handle the lines? Use that person on the third line? Or bump down someone like Seguin to center that third line? Or maybe shake up that "top" line of luc-krej-horty?

It would obviously depend who they got-- and it's obviously a pipedream-- but if they acquired a true top-6, I would shift Lucic or Horton to 3L.

The more likely scenario, I'd suspect, is that they grab a guy like Clowe and slot him onto the wing beside Kelly/Pevs.

let's revisit this again now that we know who we got....

i think as TB said, it's lucic or horton that moves down to the third line. i'm against breaking up the bergy line...and COMPLETELY against sticking 68 on the third line. would be a waste. you HAVE to pair up krecji and jagr. as mike felger said...

"David Krejci is walking around Boston today with a giant Jagr in his pants." :lol:

Assuming everyone is healthy:

Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand
Jagr-Krejci-Lucic
Horton-Kelly-Peverley
Thornton-Campbell-Paille

OR

Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand
Jagr-Krejci-Kelly/Peverley
Horton-Kelly/Peverley-Lucic
Thornton-Campbell-Paille

(with Jagr as RW on PP1 in both hypotheticals)

At the moment, though, lines are lot trickier-- especially if Bergeron misses extended time.

I might even consider moving Seguin to center in the interim then shifting him back to the wall once Kelly returns? We'll see what Claude has up his sleeve.

Last edited:
i have a bad feeling about bergy...feels batman |I

agree that seguin has to play center in the interim. has been to done carefully though because a line with him and marchand with no bergy is a nightmare defensively for us. seguin has had some nice defensive plays this year, made possible just by his speed alone, but he's not consistent enough in our end.

Last edited:
Was just reading that if you take away Ovechkin's ridiculously slow start (2 goals in 10 games), he'd be on pace for 57 in 82.

The man is on FIRE right now...haven't seen him jump into the glass after a goal since 2009.

My deadline prediction...Caps will make a few minor moves, but they will keep the team relatively in tact. Also, Ribeiro will be re-signed to a 4 year deal before the season is over.

Conacher has cooled off considerably since his hot start. TB's problem has ALWAYS been goaltending. We'll see if Bishop can help fix that.

Marion Gaborik to the Blue Jackets!

Per Darren Dreger

Return for Gaborik. Derek brassard Derek Dorset and John Moore. Still pending waive and call.
knkvnkeknvkn

Last edited:
There exist no day in sports more insufferable than trade deadline day in canada, ugh, but with that said I aprove of ben bishops trade, everyone overrates tall goalies.

the rangers trade for a guy that has less goals than martin brodeur this year, and then trade away gabby? what in the world!?!?! :rofl:

Hes still a Calder candidate man.. Not for Ben Bishop... Stevie Y got bent over. At least it seems that way.

I mean, if anyone knows the value of an undersized UFA, it's the Lightning. Maybe they just didn't see his ceiling as high as what people thought earlier in the year.

The Minnesota Wild acquire Jason Pominville!

#mnwild has acquired Jason Pominville. Larsson and Hackett going the other way. Hear this trade could include high draft picks, too
Russo

:pimp: but :\

Did not want to give up Johan Larsson .. Love him but we'll see. Dont care for Hackett!

Not a bad return for Gaborik. Brassard has the same amount of points this year, and he will slot in as a very solid 2/3 center for them. With the cap going down and Stepan/McDonagh up for new contracts there was no possible way they could keep Gaborik and Richards. One had to go at some point before the start of next season.

I'm not sure how much I like the trade for the Rangers. We all know that they've had their problems scoring goals...Gaborik has been underwhelming, however what are they expecting out of this deal? If anything, they've addressed their lack of toughness over the past two days with these trades.

Homer McFanboy ‏@HomerMcFanboy 17s Hi there. “@NHL_rumor_mill: Hearing Ribeiro is very close to signing a 4-year extension with the #WashingtonCapitals. Stay tuned.”

Called it.

Last edited:
So all 3 guys the Rangers traded for have one more goal COMBINED than Gaby does this year. Trade makes NO sense.

Back
Top Bottom