OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Got the NHL GC notification in the middle of class of the Jags trade.. Like i said, LOVE the deadline. :lol:

Caps signed UFA, Nate Schmidt, out of Minnesota.

Don't know much about him other than what I just read. 74 points in 92 games on defense...6'0" 195 and can hit.

Surprised he picked the caps. We knew he wasnt going to sign w/ the Wild. And sign somewhere out east.. I personally thought it wouldve been a little more north of Washington DC.

Solid defensmen. Not a J. Schultz but very solid ... You'll like him.

Cant wait to get Haula under contract.

Last edited:
Got the NHL GC notification in the middle of class of the Jags trade.. Like i said, LOVE the deadline. :lol:
Surprised he picked the caps. We knew (Minnesotans who follow hockey) he wasnt going to sign w/ the Wild. And sign somewhere out east.. I personally thought it wouldve been a little more north of Washington.

Solid defensmen. Not a J. Schultz but very solid ... You'll like him.

I hope so, man. Caps need all the help they can get. Outside of Carlson, Green, and Alzner, it's been a rotating door of d-men all year. He has a good chance to crack the lineup in DC sooner, rather than later.

IF we were to get a top forward, how do you think we'd handle the lines? Use that person on the third line? Or bump down someone like Seguin to center that third line? Or maybe shake up that "top" line of luc-krej-horty?

It would obviously depend who they got-- and it's obviously a pipedream-- but if they acquired a true top-6, I would shift Lucic or Horton to 3L.

The more likely scenario, I'd suspect, is that they grab a guy like Clowe and slot him onto the wing beside Kelly/Pevs.

let's revisit this again now that we know who we got....

i think as TB said, it's lucic or horton that moves down to the third line. i'm against breaking up the bergy line...and COMPLETELY against sticking 68 on the third line. would be a waste. you HAVE to pair up krecji and jagr. as mike felger said...

"David Krejci is walking around Boston today with a giant Jagr in his pants." :lol:

Clowe to the Rangers ... :nerd:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1 min
IF all goes as expected, Clowe likely to be NYR. Expected price to be 2nd round pick, 3rd-round pick and conditional 2nd if he re-signs.

Last edited:
Clowe is a ******g horse. I don't know if he's ever lost a fight...he'll regain his scoring touch in NY. He's also a guy who won't stand around and watch his teammates get run or tolerate cheapshots. He'll open up a lot of space for his center and the other wing.

*Ovechkin with 2 more tonight...up to 20.

Yup, he's fallen off.

Last edited:
looks like bergeron picked up another concussion on a relatively harmless play :smh: :stoneface:

they didn't announce it as a concussion, im basing it off his reaction

thats a bad loss...negates the good news from today's trade

Last edited:
Prust great guy but still, one guy shouldnt cause an entire team to not bang guys up on the boards and around the net.

Prust great guy but still, one guy shouldnt cause an entire team to not bang guys up on the boards and around the net.

It wasn't just him...but also Dubinsky. Those two gave 110% on every shift and were never afraid to mix it up....

You and Pro are right...it's weird seeing such a soft Rangers team. That has NEVER been their M.O.

Clowe will help change that.

DSA: I wouldn't hesitate to move Horton to another line, immediately.

yeah that's likely. although if bergy truly has a concussion...have seguin center marchand and jagr. that line would be a huge defensive liability...but we need goals :lol:

Last edited:
yeah that's likely. although if bergy truly has a concussion...have seguin center marchand and jagr. that line would be a huge defensive liability...but we need goals :lol:

Not sure if the B's have enough assets to make this move, but if Bergeron has to miss an extended amount of time, I wonder if they'll make a play for Jason Pominville?

Hope we take both from the Devils. Will be at The Rock on the 10th. Getting my Lucic fan boy on. NH, though. Would still pound out his wife early.

Not sure if the B's have enough assets to make this move, but if Bergeron has to miss an extended amount of time, I wonder if they'll make a play for Jason Pominville?

if we got pominville, i would need to consult my physician due to having a 4+ hour pants tent

yes, that's a mike felger joke :lol:

in all seriousness though, i think if we make another move, it'll be on the blue line. we're banged up there as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom