OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

And now he's eating those words. The critics proved to serve as motivation. This may be the most complete (well-rounded) if not best version of Ovie we've ever seen. MVP campaigns included.

He cant eat his words if he was right. :lol:

Milbury ripped him because he knew what kind of talent Ovie has. Im not a Milbury fan but he was right.

Listen again

Last edited:
I remember the rant well. I'm not with you. Milbury was overly harsh, extremely critical. Not make the playoffs? Wrong on that account. Questioning Ovie's status as a superstar? Wrong again.

The only minor points I co-sign are the embellishment in that particular game and lack of effort on the back-check.

They were in the deep depths of the east and with the way he was playing... NO1 expected them to go on a tear in the 2nd half of the yr and make it in.

Its easy to say hes wrong now. But youre telling me that theyd win a 3 seed when he made that rant? no way...

And sorry but that was not overly harsh whatsoever. If anything, Ovie needed some1 to chew him out.

Ovechkin wasn't playing as bad as people thought for the first 10-12 games of the year. New coach, new system, and only 4 days of training camp. It was going to take a little bit of time. Oates deserves a lot of credit b/c he's got Ovechkin playing the best 2-way hockey of his career.

Understand your perspective. Of course hindsight is 20/20. Perhaps I'm so passionate about the subject because I've always believed in Ovie. Unlike others, I don't turn on superstar talent at a whim.

Ovie was performing below standards at the time. And nobody predicted a #3 seed for the Caps. But a playoff berth wasn't out of the question in my mind.

Last edited:
Understand your perspective. Of course hindsight is 20/20. Perhaps I'm so passionate about the subject because I've always believed in Ovie. Unlike others, I don't turn on superstar talent at a whim.

Ovie was performing below standards at the time. And nobody predicted a #3 seed for the Caps. But a playoff berth wasn't out of the question in my mind.

People didn't REALLY think he was done though, did they? If so :smh: , way too good just to completely lose it

DEREK STEPAN *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Brad Richards, You wanna just put on a caps Sweater ? Sheeeeeeeeesh

DMX: I believe that implication was made by some in hockey media. That Ovie lost it in a severe slump.

He's gotta be 1B or #2 after Sid. Then Geno.

i don't watch hockey often but im glad i caught this rangers game tonight. those last two minutes were brutally intense.

Great game! Finally the Rangers do some scoring. Ovechkin is a flop :lol:. But that was an awesome PK those last two mins. Wednesday should be good.

Back
Top Bottom