OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I dont know about the rest of you but I thought Seguin was balls in game 6. I was lucky enough to be at the game, and there was a battle behind Crawford in what I think was the second pd. where he was in there with two Hawks by himself for about 10 seconds fighting for the puck. I think hes finally coming around. He really needs to bulk up a little bit though, hes a stick.

I want Peverley gone. He was great in 2011 but he coasted all year. At least Kelly has some heart as much as he sucked.

Sad Ference is gone. Great locker room guy and leader. Never thought Jagr was coming back.

Haggs is saying Horton would listen to a deal giving Boston a hometown discount if the deal was long enough. I think hes a must have back.

Quick look at the numbers looks to me like the Bruins could definitely get a deal for Tuukka and Horton done for about 6.5 and 5-5.5 respectively and only have to shed one contract. Cap-geek gives us 5.5 in cap room not counting Savvy's LTIR for about 4 mil. That also means however Krug, Bart, and Dougie all start the year in the NHL.

Sometimes I wish Sid showed more personality like Patrick. It'd be fun. Amazing how many people at work talked about this series and I've never heard them talk hockey before. Good to hear

Crosby appears to go to incredible lengths to hide any details about his actual life outside of hockey.

Who knows why lol...

If you take a photo of him at the bar, he asks you to delete it.

Guys who's a better pick: Lindholm, Monahan, or Nurse? Ideally I'd like to see Barkov fall to the Flames but that's not gonna happen ;(

Lightning will buy out Lecavalier

Re: the Letang situation in PIT: longer he goes unsigned - PIT has made a substantial offer - more reasonable it is to assume trade possible

(Bob McKenzie)

I wish the Caps would make a move for either Vinny or Danny Briere. Got a feeling that the former will end up in either Toronto or Montreal (if they have the cap space) and the latter will end up in Pittsburgh, NY, or NJ.

I dont know about the rest of you but I thought Seguin was balls in game 6. I was lucky enough to be at the game, and there was a battle behind Crawford in what I think was the second pd. where he was in there with two Hawks by himself for about 10 seconds fighting for the puck. I think hes finally coming around. He really needs to bulk up a little bit though, hes a stick.

I want Peverley gone. He was great in 2011 but he coasted all year. At least Kelly has some heart as much as he sucked.

Sad Ference is gone. Great locker room guy and leader. Never thought Jagr was coming back.

Haggs is saying Horton would listen to a deal giving Boston a hometown discount if the deal was long enough. I think hes a must have back.

Quick look at the numbers looks to me like the Bruins could definitely get a deal for Tuukka and Horton done for about 6.5 and 5-5.5 respectively and only have to shed one contract. Cap-geek gives us 5.5 in cap room not counting Savvy's LTIR for about 4 mil. That also means however Krug, Bart, and Dougie all start the year in the NHL.

agree with pretty much all of this.

and seguin was definitely balls out in game 6. but for him, that's probably an unrealistic style to play for 82 regular season games plus playoffs. that's where the whole play him with high level talent or trade him mindset comes in for me. i dunno. i'm easily fine with waiting another year on him. a normal offseason and camp, with a full 82 game season. but we need more from him.

How is your farm system? Krug, Hamilton stand out. Have you had to sacrifice depth for wins, or do you have some talent coming?

Also, when can we expect to see Malcolm Subban? 2014- 2015?

Edit: Apparently NT edits out the date April 20th when written out numerically. :lol: :rolleyes

Last edited:
How is your farm system? Krug, Hamilton stand out. Have you had to sacrifice depth for wins, or do you have some talent coming?

Edit: Apparently NT edits out the date April 20th when written out numerically. :lol: :rolleyes

:lol: @ the April 20 stuff

2014-2015 at the earliest I would say. Tuukka expected to be the rock in net, and we have two reliable and capable backups I would say to hold us over.

There's talent up front that we could see come up, especially with the cap reduction. There's a couple guys like Spooner and Knight who are close. Spooner more so than Knight. He bounced up a couple times this past season, but was only for a game or two. Jordan Caron has bounced back and forth a few times already the past two or three seasons. Injuries have kind of screwed him. There's also the little Russian kid Khoklachev who I'm excited for, but he isn't close to ready from what I've seen and read.

The farm isn't crazy stocked, but we've got decent talent in the pipe I'd say.Overall, defensively it's thin, but there's some potential offensively. Nothing like some of the other teams tho imo. Some of the other guys might know a little more about how we're looking prospect wise.

Last edited:

:lol: I figured that out when I was trying to update the boxing thread title. It kept telling me I can't use profanity in a thread title and I was stunned.

Come back to Buffalo, Kane.

Pens extend Kunitz, good to hear. I think Letang is a goner...and I'm cool with it. Need to beef up the D, don't care about offensive output as much

:lol: I figured that out when I was trying to update the boxing thread title. It kept telling me I can't use profanity in a thread title and I was stunned.

Come back to Buffalo, Kane.

No. Don't.

And this is coming from someone who actually has some buffalo roots and semi supports the Sabers. :lol:

Lightning will buy out Lecavalier

The Stars could really use a legit C so they can move Benn back out to the wing...

And I know Briere probably wants to stay out east, but maybe the Stars could draw some interest with Ruff behind the bench.

Last edited:
Cake, I don't want him on the Sabres :lol: I want him to physically make it to Buffalo this offseason. I will make the trip just for the laughs.

Tmay, I don't personally see him leaving. He's always said he wants to end his career in TB, I think they'll work something out.

:lol: @ the April 20 stuff

2014-2015 at the earliest I would say. Tuukka expected to be the rock in net, and we have two reliable and capable backups I would say to hold us over.

There's talent up front that we could see come up, especially with the cap reduction. There's a couple guys like Spooner and Knight who are close. Spooner more so than Knight. He bounced up a couple times this past season, but was only for a game or two. Jordan Caron has bounced back and forth a few times already the past two or three seasons. Injuries have kind of screwed him. There's also the little Russian kid Khoklachev who I'm excited for, but he isn't close to ready from what I've seen and read.

The farm isn't crazy stocked, but we've got decent talent in the pipe I'd say.Overall, defensively it's thin, but there's some potential offensively. Nothing like some of the other teams tho imo. Some of the other guys might know a little more about how we're looking prospect wise.

All the talent is in goal. I saw Khoklachev play at that rookie game 2 years ago and he was a monster. Hope we get to see him soon.

Knight and Spooner have a lot of unproven hype. Spooner looked decent in his few games up with the B's.

I'm guessing Svedberg starts the year as our backup unless they get Khudobin back on the cheap, then Malcom maybe the following year.

Letang is gone at the draft. Rossi suggested Toronto, Vancouver, and Anaheim as possible destinations.

Praying we aren't dumb enough to trade for him when he's asking for that much dough.:x

Last edited:
classy move, chicago:

Hawks praise Boston's 'big heart'
Updated: June 28, 2013, 1:15 PM ET

The Chicago Blackhawks on Friday took out a full-page ad in the Boston Globe, thanking the Boston Bruins for their hospitality and acknowledging the city's spirit in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings in April.

The Blackhawks beat the Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals earlier in the week.

Bruins' 2013 Playoff Run

Take a look at some of the key moments from the Bruins' run through the Stanley Cup playoffs. Gallery

The ad, which was topped with a "THANK YOU" headline, read:

"Hockey is a tough game. As impressed as we were by the strength, talent, and competitive spirit of the Boston Bruins on the ice, we were deeply touched by what happened off the ice. Rarely have we experienced the hospitality you afforded us throughout the playoff series between two incredibly gifted teams.

"On behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks organization and the entire Wirtz Corporation, we want to personally express our heartfelt appreciation to your city, the Bruins organization, and especially, the citizens of Boston for the remarkable welcome you showed our team and the many Chicagoans who visited.

"From Boston's political leadership to every member of the Bruins organization; from the players to the people on the street, you demonstrated respect, good sportsmanship, and a genuine love for the great game of hockey.

"Like the rest of the world, Chicagoans have been reminded in recent days of Boston's strength. Please know we tip our hat to your city's big heart and gracious spirit. You lead by example and have set the bar very high for others to follow."

The ad was signed by Rocky Wirtz, chairman of the Wirtz Corporation, which owns the Blackhawks, and team president John McDonough.

This wasn't the first gesture of good will to come from Chicago in the past couple of months. In the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings, the staff of the Chicago Tribune sent pizza to the newsroom staff at the Boston Globe as a tip of the cap for its comprehensive coverage of the tragedy.

respect :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom