OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

There's certainly truth to that, but you don't think Boston could do better than Eriksson for a win-now player?

I think you may be underrating Loui a bit. I'd probably have him as a top 20-25 winger in the league. He's pretty much a lock for 30 goals- 60ish points, while being a top PKer. Plus, it sounds like Boston will be getting some good prospects too.

Last edited:
So it shakes out to be Seguin, Peverley, and Ryan Button for Eriksson, Matt Fraser, Joe Morrow, and Reilly Smith. Damn good trade for Boston. They get the best player in the trade right now with a very cap friendly contract, as well as the best two prospects in the deal, in Morrow and Fraser. Fraser is a big time goal scorer who I think will make Boston's team this year. Most importantly it frees up a little bit of cap space for Boston to maybe able to fit another Top 6 winger. Maybe Jagr? Iginla?

Last edited:
Hate to lose Loui, and I'm pretty impartial to Seguin. Definitely makes the team younger though. I'll trust Nill on this one.

There's certainly truth to that, but you don't think Boston could do better than Eriksson for a win-now player?

You're way underrating Eriksson: >70 points for the last 3 full seasons, perennial Selke candidate, can play on both sides and has a lower cap hit than Seguin. (He's also a fantasy monster, for those that play.) The only reason he doesn't get shine is because he plays in Dallas.

Bruins also got rid of an awful contract in Peverley, and picked up some decent prospects.

Still, I'm confused as to why the Bruins are giving up on a 21-year-old who *could* be one of the best 10 players in the league in the next 5 years-- especially given the organization's general patience with prospects in the past.

My gut tells me Chiarelli isn't done.

EDIT: I also forgot about Seguin's congenital hip issue.

Last edited:
LV & TB: Sincere thanks for the informative response. Helps me shape a better opinion.

My stance is I'm extremely willing to trade Seguin, but for a package close to a king's ransom. He's only 21. Great speed, bundles of potential, natural skater.

Happy 4th to the hockey regulars.

Save me a spot in next year's fantasy hockey league.

Deal is done.

Seguin, Peveral, and Button for Eriksson and 3 prospects.

Seguin, Eriksson swapped in seven-player trade
Thursday, 07.04.2013 / 4:50 PM / News
NHL.com

The Boston Bruins and Dallas Stars have brought fireworks to the NHL on July 4.

Boston and Dallas agreed to a seven-player trade Thursday, the teams announced. The Bruins will send forward Tyler Seguin, forward Rich Peverley and defenseman Ryan Button to the Stars for forward Loui Eriksson and three prospects (Joseph Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser).

Last edited:
That Seguin trade is crazy. I really can't believe they moved him. Maybe there was stuff going on behind the scenes that we don't know about....but jeez. Crazy deal.

*edit*

Just did a little reading on the deal and it turns out some of the Bruins staff was worried about his partying.

He's gonna do some SERIOUS damage if he gets on a line w/ Jamie Benn. Hopefully he learned a thing or two from Bergeron about playing C.

Last edited:
Physicx: Count me in. I'm a very active manager. Ask Pro.

Seguin's most recent playoff performance was the nail in the coffin. We didn't trade Kessel for that. He still relies on his skating speed far too much.

Dallas is fun (I live right by SMU right now), but I think Seguin will have a much easier time staying out of trouble here than in Boston. Traditionally moderate/weak hockey market + not as many bars to get in trouble with.

Get that kid dedicated to hockey and he'll be killer with Benn.

good to hear Champ.

Anyways....... Oilers got rid of Horcoff's awful awful contract to Dallas for Philip Larsen and a 7th. WoW

I've made fun of Horcoff before, but only because he was a 3rd C being paid like a 1/2 C after one good year. Good leader and locker room guy, hope he does well in Dallas.

Last edited:
Save me a spot in next year's fantasy hockey league.

You in for our football league too? I just wanna beat ESF this year :lol:

:rofl: Traded away the best RB in the League and still won.

I still can't believe I lost to Decembers :lol: but he did have the top 2-3 team in the league the whole season just took a while to get it going with them.

Boston got a haul but I think Seguin works it ot in Dallas.

I love that Nill is proactively trying to make the team better through trades. Dallas obviously isn't getting any big free agents here anytime soon.

Horcuff could be better on faceoffs, but Seguin/Horcuff/Eakins is a pretty decent start at C for now.

i'm still not sure how i feel about the trade. i would have liked to wait another year with seguin as the ceiling is high. that said, eriksson comes in and could easily lead our team in scoring. he's plays our style of defensive minded hockey. i'll trust PC on this. i will say im ecstatic to unload the high glass crew capt, rich peverley. i wish i knew more about the other prospects coming our way.

two excellent points brought up in this thread and twitter by TB...seguin's potentially serious hip issue and his contributions in shootouts.

Loui Eriksson is a really good player. I've been watching him for a few years now and his game does fit the Bruins mold. Sure, we had to lose a kid with extreme upside but that's the price you pay. At least we know that we are getting somebody that can put pucks in nets, play sound defense and is just good in all three zones. In all trades, you have to give up something to get something.

For me, I feel it's Seguin/Peverley for Eriksson/Morrow. I don't know much about the other people but I remember when Pittsburgh drafted Morrow in 2011 and heard he can become a good defenseman in the NHL. Watched some highlights and I can see him playing on the second pair real soon if his development is on the right track. Imagine a Hamilton/Morrow pairing? I would like that.

It's sad to see Seguin go but the girls are even sadder.

I had no idea his hip issue was kind of serious, and he was such a big party guy :lol: Eriksson is a very good two way guy though so him with Bergeron will form a great shutdown unit vs other teams top lines for the Bs.

From all I've read it seems the flyers are gonna make a trade for a goalie, (still mad we didn't jump on Schneider smh) but possibly Halak is in play. My last memory of him is when we lit him up in the playoffs vs the Habs a few yrs ago but he's a decent goalie, heard he may have attitude issues but maybe bc he's not playing in St. Louis as permanent starter. Tim Thomas must want a TON of money if we're not going after him though, but with our team I wouldn't even be shocked if he signs by 3pm today :lol:

Dallas is fun (I live right by SMU right now), but I think Seguin will have a much easier time staying out of trouble here than in Boston. Traditionally moderate/weak hockey market + not as many bars to get in trouble with.

Get that kid dedicated to hockey and he'll be killer with Benn.

Maybe not being under the microscope in a hockey-crazy city would do wonders for him....

Oh, and here's the Grabovski rant...

:rofl:

Pulled one of these:

1302793366_0.jpg

*edit*

Philly got their goalie

@TSNBobMcKenzie, it sounds like Ray Emery will officially become a Flyer shortly after free agency begins at noon.

Last edited:
Do we have many resident Leafs fans? I'm just curious what the hell they're doin up there. Grabovski was their best center and was pretty big in the playoffs for them.,.dont get it at all.

^^ if its razor I'm glad to have him back in the fold...he was pretty solid for Chi this year and hell probably perform better than Bryz for like half the price...I like the moves we've been making so far, though we still have time for Homer to make a huge splash and trade some pieces for that #1 dman :lol:

Last edited:
Carlyle flat out treated Grabo like ****. Gave him like 70% D-zone starts. Basically tried to make him a shut down center. Can't really say I'm surprised. Bobby and Getzlaf didn't like Carlyle either towards the end in Anaheim. Whitney hated him too. Definitely not a player's coach.

Anyway Grabovski is my one target for the Ducks today. Crossing my fingers.>D

Back
Top Bottom