OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

From a charity event I was involved with over the weekend:

Good to see the NHL players will be in Sochi :lol:

Devils get a big road trip out of the way early. At Pitt, home to NYI then @ Edm, Van, Cal, Win and Ott to start the year.

Of the 47 players invited to Team Canada's orientation camp, only 15 were on the 2010 Gold Medal team. Good to see the younger talent coming through.

Last edited:
Indeed. I hope MSL makes the team this year.

Not sure about both Hall and Eberle making it, but I'm sure they're locks for 2018.

Anyways, with talks of NFL training camp on the rise, I was thinking about starting up the invites. I wanna do 12 team PPR with deep rosters (1 QB, 2RB, 2 or 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, DST and K). Similar to a deep "pro" league. I'm open to just 10-team standard like last year though too lol.

Im not a huge football guy by anyway means, so I am content with regular, but if everyone wants the deeper league, thats cool too.

10-team standard is fine with me. That way the draft won't last that long and there will be players at the end of the draft that are recognizable :lol:

I was viewing an FFPC draft yesterday and you know its deep when Shaun Draughn is at the top of your big board in the 26th rd :lol:

Last edited:
planning a trip in december to go see the bruins in Calgary, Edmonton, and then Vancouver. basically flying into Calgary, see the game, drive to Edmonton, see the game, fly to Van, see the game, drink for a few days (maybe go snowboarding for a day), and then fly home to Boston for the holidays.

right now ticket prices for each of those games is pretty high. and they're high for that game specifically, which makes me think they're going to stay high. do you guys see those prices going down at all? the VAN game, cheapest ticket is $200 :x

and then if any of you Canada NTers are free...we should meet up for the game and/or some beers

Sorry it took so long to respond on Twitter, I was houseboating all weekend.

But yea, as it stands now I'll be in Brazil for most of December. However, there is a travel warning currently, and if it stays we wont be able to go. If that happens Id be in.

Vancouver tickets to a Boston or Chicago game are stupid expensive. At least with Calgary and Edmonton being in the same division, they played enough games that tickets were easy to scoop.

no worries, dude. brazil would be a pretty sick trip :pimp:

if i actually get this trip planned and finalized, you'll have to send me a list of bars to check out. dive bars, of course. with cute canadian chicks that like american dudes :lol:

Last edited:
planning a trip in december to go see the bruins in Calgary, Edmonton, and then Vancouver. basically flying into Calgary, see the game, drive to Edmonton, see the game, fly to Van, see the game, drink for a few days (maybe go snowboarding for a day), and then fly home to Boston for the holidays.

right now ticket prices for each of those games is pretty high. and they're high for that game specifically, which makes me think they're going to stay high. do you guys see those prices going down at all? the VAN game, cheapest ticket is $200 :x

and then if any of you Canada NTers are free...we should meet up for the game and/or some beers

If I can get the time off, I'm long overdue to visit my buddy in Calgary, so I'd be in for AB.

^ nice, man. hopefully you can make it. we'll get Physicx to skip his finals and make the trip to calgary as well :lol:

Colorado’s Matt Duchene Pays For Zdeno Chara Jersey For Young Bullied Bruins Fan in Random Act of Kindness
by Alison Smith on Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 9:28PM

Sports can bring out some of the biggest rivalries, but it can also remind us about the important things in life. The Minden Times brings the story of one young Bruins fan who learned just how generous an athlete can be when she received a random act of kindness from Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene. Trista Greer had been having a tough time at school with bullies. Even after pep talks from her parents and learning strategies on how to deal with the bullies, the 11-year-old still had her spirit crushed when she was at school.
After the school year ended, Trista’s father, Wayde, decided to do something to lift his daughter’s spirits. He was scheduled to attend an auction and golf tournament to benefit Minden, a town in Ontario that was affected by severe flooding earlier this year, and he learned that the tournament would have several pro hockey players in attendance. Greer also found out they would be auctioning off a game jersey worn by Zdeno Chara, Trista’s favorite hockey player. Greer solicited money from his friends for a “‘cool daddy’ fund,” which he would use to bid on the jersey. Greer raised $500, but when the bids started creeping over that amount, he realized he wouldn’t be able to get the jersey, Enter: Matt Duchene. The Avalanche forward was one of the NHL hosts of the event and was sitting across from Greer. “Get it for her,” Duchene said. “I’ve got you covered.” Every time the price went up, Greer glanced at Duchene who nodded his head to keep bidding. Once the price rose to $1,600, Duchene held up two fingers toward Greer. Greer grabbed the microphone and yelled “Two thousand!” and the jersey was his. He gave the Chara jersey to Trista for her birthday along with a note saying “happy birthday” from Duchene.

:pimp: nice move, Duchene

Colorado’s Matt Duchene Pays For Zdeno Chara Jersey For Young Bullied Bruins Fan in Random Act of Kindness
by Alison Smith on Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 9:28PM

Sports can bring out some of the biggest rivalries, but it can also remind us about the important things in life. The Minden Times brings the story of one young Bruins fan who learned just how generous an athlete can be when she received a random act of kindness from Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene. Trista Greer had been having a tough time at school with bullies. Even after pep talks from her parents and learning strategies on how to deal with the bullies, the 11-year-old still had her spirit crushed when she was at school.
After the school year ended, Trista’s father, Wayde, decided to do something to lift his daughter’s spirits. He was scheduled to attend an auction and golf tournament to benefit Minden, a town in Ontario that was affected by severe flooding earlier this year, and he learned that the tournament would have several pro hockey players in attendance. Greer also found out they would be auctioning off a game jersey worn by Zdeno Chara, Trista’s favorite hockey player. Greer solicited money from his friends for a “‘cool daddy’ fund,” which he would use to bid on the jersey. Greer raised $500, but when the bids started creeping over that amount, he realized he wouldn’t be able to get the jersey, Enter: Matt Duchene. The Avalanche forward was one of the NHL hosts of the event and was sitting across from Greer. “Get it for her,” Duchene said. “I’ve got you covered.” Every time the price went up, Greer glanced at Duchene who nodded his head to keep bidding. Once the price rose to $1,600, Duchene held up two fingers toward Greer. Greer grabbed the microphone and yelled “Two thousand!” and the jersey was his. He gave the Chara jersey to Trista for her birthday along with a note saying “happy birthday” from Duchene.

:pimp: nice move, Duchene

Always good to see these type of stories.

About $1990 too much.

Last edited:
A friend of mine was at Cam Barkers wedding last week. Said he looked to be in amazing shape, which was something he definitely was not at the beginning of this season.

Hopefully he gets another shot, maybe back in Chicago.

everyone PM me your email addresses. sorry about the wait for the league.

Champ, you were accounted for from the beginning so no need to be wait listed and Bobby you're a *****. But nah its all good :lol:

Last edited:
i like Lucic a TON this year (he's my favorite Bruin to begin with), but lined up with Krejci and Iginla...I expect big things (more so from a non fantasy standpoint). dunno if i'd have the balls to take him 1 overall though...props to you, Champ :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom