OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I just read a rumor that Kovalchuk is going to play for SKA St. Petersburg. I wonder how much money he's going to get?!

I just read a rumor that Kovalchuk is going to play for SKA St. Petersburg. I wonder how much money he's going to get?!

Not sure he can just walk away from his deal w/ the Devils (no pun).

*edit*

NVM...just read all the above posts :wow:

What the hell!!

How's he gonna retire from the NHL and then go to the KHL? He'd probably be sued for every penny he has.

Last edited:

*edit*

What the hell!!

How's he gonna retire from the NHL and then go to the KHL? He'd probably be sued for every penny he has.

It's completely legal.

The Devils could have prevented him from doing so by tolling his contract, but didn't. Reports suggest that Kovy had discussed this possibility with Lou for about a year.

*edit*

What the hell!!

Hell naw, the devils get out of that insane deal, Kovy gets to go back to russia, the team becomes easier to sell.

Everyone is happy.

When you look at the aging curve of goal scorers, the deal was about to turn real ugly real fast, infact it was arguably already there.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, his contract will be terminated and he'll be allowed to sign there. It'll be $300,000 per until '24-'25 (thanks to @timboknows).

It just pisses me off immensely because of how he went about doing this. This is extremely detrimental to their chances this year when it looked like they be right in the mix with who they retained and who they brought in. One month earlier, maybe they hop in with all that defensive depth and snag a Bobby Ryan or go after a FA in Iginla (not that he'd want to come here). It'll be beneficial in the long run but it's a pain this year. Here's hoping Lou has something up his sleeve.

I'll always appreciate him as a player the season before the lockout who showed he can play with tremendous heart and talent in helping carry that team to 2 wins away from a Cup. But this is a garbage *** decision at this point.

Last edited:
lol that's so random. Wonder if other players will jump ship, the money must be real nice

It's completely legal.

The Devils could have prevented him from doing so by tolling his contract, but didn't. Reports suggest that Kovy had discussed this possibility with Lou for about a year.

Whole scenario sucks....If I remember correctly, there were rumors of him staying in Russia after the lockout.

Hell naw, the devils get out of that insane deal, Kovy gets to go back to russia, the team becomes easier to sell.

Everyone is happy.

When you look at the aging curve of goal scorers, the deal was about to turn real ugly real fast, infact it was arguably already there.

I don't know if everyone is happy. Deal was bad, but they're losing a top-10 talent. His absence is going to leave a HUGE void. Think about it...if this came a year earlier, there would be a good chance the Devils could have been in the top-5 in this year's loaded draft.

From what I've heard, his contract will be terminated and he'll be allowed to sign there. It'll be $300,000 per until '24-'25 (thanks to @timboknows).

It just pisses me off immensely because of how he went about doing this. This is extremely detrimental to their chances this year when it looked like they be right in the mix with who they retained and who they brought in. One month earlier, maybe they hop in with all that defensive depth and snag a Bobby Ryan or go after a FA in Iginla (not that he'd want to come here). It'll be beneficial in the long run but it's a pain this year. Here's hoping Lou has something up his sleeve.

I'll always appreciate him as a player the season before the lockout who showed he can play with tremendous heart and talent in helping carry that team to 2 wins away from a Cup. But this is a garbage *** decision at this point.

I have to agree.

Who on the devils is gonna score goals?! :lol: that team is gonna be a whole lot of struggle to grind out 1-0 2-1 games. Aren't they like 230million in debt as well? Damn. They lost their pick next year as well for signing him to an illegal contract in the first place to boot!

Who on the devils is gonna score goals?! :lol: that team is gonna be a whole lot of struggle to grind out 1-0 2-1 games. Aren't they like 230million in debt as well? Damn. They lost their pick next year as well for signing him to an illegal contract in the first place to boot!

They literally cannot afford to have anyone have a real down year. Plus, they need Elias to avoid the ticking clock for another season. I have a feeling they'll make a move either during the first month or a big one at the deadline.

Don't forget, it cost them money to throw at Parise.

The Boston Bruins completed what will likely be their final piece of offseason business Friday, announcing an eight-year, $52 million extension for 27-year-old center Patrice Bergeron. The deal will keep Bergeron in black and gold through the 2021-22 season.

love this guy...just hope he can stay away from the concussions

:lol:

July-August is the month to get married, plan for your kids to be born, take vacations, and do anything else that gets you away from a TV or a game

I think Lou is thanking the lord every day he got that deal off the cap, I don't think he's mad at all, I wouldn't be surprised if he helped nudge him out the door.

Proshares would know more but I'm pretty sure Lou never wanted to do that deal in the first place.

The team is bankrupt, the contract was insane.

You have an all time great GM, if I was a devils fan I'd ultimately be happy.

Last edited:
schedule is out for next season :pimp:

:pimp: @ seeing boston v detroit multiple times.

:stoneface: @ the names they came up with for the four divisions :lol:

Back
Top Bottom