OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Oilers prospect Aidan Muir had a sick goal in USHL.

I'm forced to watch every Rangers game for work. Hank isn't himself this season. He's letting up five hole like crazy, uncharacteristically. Not making the big, clutch saves NYR fans have become accustomed to.

For over $8.5M-per, it's fair to question if Hank is worth the extension long-term. Will he figure it out? Is Talbot the cheaper, more financially prudent option moving forward?

Oilers prospect Aidan Muir had a sick goal in USHL.

I'm forced to watch every Rangers game for work. Hank isn't himself this season. He's letting up five hole like crazy, uncharacteristically. Not making the big, clutch saves NYR fans have become accustomed to.

For over $8.5M-per, it's fair to question if Hank is worth the extension long-term. Will he figure it out? Is Talbot the cheaper, more financially prudent option moving forward?
This year could just be an anomaly for all we know. People have off years. It's just being magnified because of the extension. Rangers still have one buyout remaining should his production continue to suffer as we move forward.

Last edited:
I'm one for patience and giving time to players beyond a season. But the better Talbot plays, the more pressure applied to Hank. And it rightfully begs the question which goalie should stay long-term if both their play continues.

I'm one for patience and giving time to players beyond a season. But the better Talbot plays, the more pressure applied to Hank. And it rightfully begs the question which goalie should stay long-term if both their play continues.
Right now considering where the Rangers are, you go with the hot hand and despite the loss last night that's Cam until proven otherwise. Lundqvist has been swiss cheese this year pun intended.

I've never seen him give up five hole this much in a season. Confidence could be a factor. As well as the smaller pads.

This Canada Czech Republic game is good.

Sucks for Steen considering the year he was having. Second in goals only to Ovi.

What's up boys? I'm going to Frozen Fenway! Anybody else going to it?

Anyways, Reilly Smith has been impressing me so much. I can't believe he was just a throw-in to the Seguin trade. He has been amazing so far.

Sucks for Steen because he was having a great year.

World Juniors have been good but the junior team last year with Jones, Gaudreau, Biggs and some other people were just nasty. The defensemen on the squad have been extremely impressive.

Shouldn't be so shocked AV is handling the goalie situation the way he is. Same way he did it in Vancouver.

Talbot isn't doing anything outstanding, it just looks like Henrik has lost a step or two. The miles on him might just be catching up to him this year.

Playing in front of an overrated, piss poor defense probably isn't helping though.

DSA: I'm concerned with Rask logging too many minutes.

Reilly Smith is flourishing.

Seidenberg's presence will be missed.

I want Chicago again. Kaner is on fire.

clown said he'd look to play johnson, and maybe svedberg, a lot more in the second half. so rask should see a lot more nights off. agree that we need to keep him fresh for the stretch run and beyond. i know he had that shutout friday night, but no idea why they played him again two nights in a row. he's not really a streaky guy so not like you have to keep going with the hot hand when it comes to rask.

but seidenberg done for the year is a MAJOR blow. just killer.

:lol:

yeah most likely in house i'd assume. not sure who'd be moved at the deadline but that's always a possibility given our depth with providence.

and seeing my dude dan paille totally undress "norris" defenseman erik karlsson tonight was :pimp:

i love how karlsson serves penalties that the goalie or bench commits, too :lol:

Last edited:
This Canadian team at the WJC is suspect. Very lucky to get past Slovakia today. Stupid penalty by Drouin ten seconds into the game set the tone.

This Canadian team at the WJC is suspect. Very lucky to get past Slovakia today. Stupid penalty by Drouin ten seconds into the game set the tone.

Yea. They took quite a few stupid penalties. US will be a big test tomorrow. Not going to be close if they play like today.

Back
Top Bottom