OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Since my Hawks were done before the playoffs even started I am pulling for the Kings to win the cup. Nice goal by Ovi!!

jim dolan must have pissed off alot of people. i mean no matter what sport i watch we get screwed.

AT HOME

kings of fire
pimp.gif

I can't root for the Kings because of my EXTREME hate for Jeff Carter but I still find myself pulling for them in the West 

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

kings look good
pimp.gif

reminds me of 07 ducks
30t6p3b.gif

The Kings are playing well right now, but they are nowhere near the level of that 07 team. And this series is far from over as long as Petro comes back for GM 3.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

kings look good
pimp.gif

reminds me of 07 ducks
30t6p3b.gif

The Kings are playing well right now, but they are nowhere near the level of that 07 team. And this series is far from over as long as Petro comes back for GM 3.
never said they were...just their style w/ good, bruising defense and great goalie play. 
obviously; Pronger, Neids>>>> and Ducks offense>>>>

kings look good
pimp.gif

reminds me of 07 ducks
30t6p3b.gif

never said they were...just their style w/ good, bruising defense and great goalie play. 
Ah OK.

I do love the way they play though. Just can't allow myself to root for a team that employs Dustin Brown. On the other hand it would be great for hockey in SoCal.

30t6p3b.gif

Ah OK.

I do love the way they play though. Just can't allow myself to root for a team that employs Dustin Brown. On the other hand it would be great for hockey in SoCal.

You're a Ducks fan, don't pretend like you're not secretly hoping the Kings fail
laugh.gif

Yeah, part of me does want the Kings to fail, but the rivalry isn't huge between the Ducks and the Kings, partly because they haven't played each other in the playoffs, and I do really love watching their style of hockey especially Richards/Kopitar/Doughty. So if it comes down to them against NJ/NYR/PHX I'll be pulling for the Kings. They are far from my most hated team though (DET, DAL, SJ, VAN, then maybe LA).

Edit: Funny thing is, if they weren't called the Kings and had black/purple as their colors I'd probably have become a Kings fan instead of the Ducks. Main reason I became a Mighty Ducks fan back in the early 00's was because of the Kings-Lakers rivalry.

Huge hit, clean too. Unlike Torres.
Anyone else surprised how badly and completely LA is currently outplaying STL, even without Petro? Didn't get a chance to watch Game 2, but in Game 1 the Blues looked lost for creativity offensively as if none of their forwards wanted the puck. 

Know all four series are far from over, but we're potentially looking at CF of Phoenix/LA. I expect both the Rangers and Flyers to advance ultimately, but not easily. Caps and Devils should provide substantial resistance and willpower. 

!#+* it

I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Now that Chicago is out I want LA. Their first two lines are too fun to watch right now.
pimp.gif

Blues came out flat in Game 1 against the Sharks too. Game 2 I attribute to Petro being out. I can't count them out until I see how they play in Game 3 if he's back. Regardless, I'm not at all surprised at how well LA is playing. They hugely underachieved in the regular season. In fact, before the season I had them pegged in as the 2nd/3rd best team in the West behind VAN/DET.

Caps/Rangers is a total tossup IMO, and I actually like both of them over the Flyers.

Phoenix I would be willing to bet will not be in the SCF no matter what. Whether the Preds come back, which I think is very possible, or they lose in the next round I don't think they can keep this up.

Back
Top Bottom