Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

The double flop was :x:rofl: But I wish harden and our other ball handlers would stop putting him in bad situations like that. Especially on the pick and roll when Harden throws him some difficult passes and you just know it's a turnover.

Completely off topic, but I don't think the Rockets have ever had such a big thread on NT. Shout out to all the Rocket fans on here :smokin

ahahha saw Joyce White's tweet yesterday 
pimp.gif

Asik my man 
pimp.gif

Gotta love Beverley man, guy is pure heart and hustle. Let's get game 6 and make things ridiculously interesting 
smokin.gif

Good looks on those articles throughout the season Flip.

Oh, so glad we got Project Pat for at least 2 more seasons (signed a 3 year deal when Morey bought his contract out from I think Russia). Moray just needs to hook Parsons up in the offseason and get to work on potential FAs.

But in the moment right now, let's get this win at home and force a game 7
pimp.gif
Not a problem, trying to keep the #rednation fam up to date and informed..

On another note here is news and notes for Game 6 tomorrow:
[h1]News And Notes: Halfway To History[/h1]
(http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/news-and-notes-halfway-history)

May 02, 2013 5:48 pm EDT

Rockets return home ready to take next step in series with Thunder

by Jason Friedman
Rockets.com

con0502nn.jpg

HOUSTON - In the immediate aftermath of a second straight heartbreaking playoff loss to the Thunder that placed the Rockets into what seemed to be an impossibly deep hole, Jeremy Lin ended his postgame interview by saying something that few, if any, paid much attention to at the time. Lin had been asked if he still believed that his team had a chance to come back despite being down 3-0 in the series. His response was simple: “I believe in miracles,” he said.

That statement hardly seemed relevant at the time – after all, what else is a competitor supposed to say in such situations? But five days and two wins later, the seed of belief that permeated the Rockets’ locker room from the moment the series began has begun to blossom and bloom in ways few could have imagined after walking out of that downtrodden and despondent locker room last Saturday night. The Rockets return home more confident than ever now that they’re a game away from knotting the series – a feat that has only been accomplished three times in NBA history after a team has fallen behind 0-3.

“Even when we were down 0-3 this team never quits,” Chandler Parsons said Thursday afternoon following a brief film session at Toyota Center. “We’re resilient, we never hang our heads, we never argue and we stick together. We’re just a tough team that wants to win.

“In our minds, still nobody’s giving us a shot. But it doesn’t really matter; it matters who believes in that locker room and that we believe in ourselves. We’re fully confident that we’re going to win tomorrow night and that we’re going to take the series.”

If the Rockets are to make history, it’s become readily apparent to all that they must continue their recent run of success behind the three-point line. In Houston’s two victories this series, the team has hit nearly 42 percent of its shots from distance. In its three losses, that number plummets to somewhere in the vicinity of 28 percent.

What is unknown, however, is precisely whom the Rockets will be able to lean on to hit those shots. After missing the past two games with a chest contusion, Lin is getting closer to a return after successfully making his way through a workout that included contact in order to see how his injury would respond. Carlos Delfino, meanwhile, spent a chunk of his Thursday afternoon getting his sore left foot examined by doctors who will determine his status going forward.

“Carlos has got a lot of stuff going on in his foot,” admitted Houston head coach Kevin McHale. “He’s got bone spurs, he’s got a little fracture of a bone spur, he’s got a lot of different stuff going on. He hasn’t said a word about it. Every day I say, ‘How’s it going, ‘Los?’ And he gives me the old, ‘I’ll give you what I’ve got, coach.’ I don’t know what it is about those Argentineans but I sure like them.”

Elsewhere on the illness and injury front, James Harden was diagnosed with and treated for strep throat Thursday, though he is fully expected to play Friday night, especially after fighting through those very same symptoms while racking up 31 points in Game 5. All of Houston’s assorted bumps and bruises merely serve to shine the spotlight even brighter on the club’s supporting cast members; a reality that has clearly suited players like Francisco Garcia and Patrick Beverley just fine.

“I’ve played on a team where I was the James Harden; where you walk into a city and there’s billboards of me in the city,” Beverley said when asked how he handles the pressure of the playoff spotlight.  “The playoffs have been fun to me. It’s not really a lot of Xs and Os in the playoffs; it’s either you do or you don’t. I’ve been thriving and I’ve been having fun with it.

“When we see a little daylight we like to take advantage of it. We see a little bit now."

Yea that OKC ball boy is a teenager. He deleted his twitter but this is his new one https://twitter.com/_Mitchell_Brown He should be disciplined, maybe disallowed to ballboy for an amount of time, but there's not a whole lot to investigate. He can't even drive yet

Good win last night. Battle of 2 rather inept coaches and basketball that runs the full gammit from totally the sloppiest play you will ever see (with the turnovers and the foul drawing) to some amazing basketball plays.

Tweeted him :pimp:
his profile is extremely suspect :rofl:

Last edited:
Jason Friedman@JasonCFriedman 7m

Lin says he will come off the bench tonight. Expect starting lineup to stay same as last two games.

McHale says Delfino getting checked out by doctors again. Will know more later today.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/05/jeremy-lin-cleared-to-play-in-game-6/

Rockets guard Jeremy Lin will return to the court tonight against the Oklahoma City Thunder. He will not return to the starting lineup.

With his bruised chest healed sufficiently to go through a workout on Thursday and shooting drills on Friday, Lin was cleared to play, but with the Rockets coming off two victories and Lin having done so little work for more than a week, Rockets coach Kevin McHale said he would be used more carefully.

“Playoff series end up having kind of a life of their own and a rhythm,” McHale said. “To be thrown in in the middle of that rhythm a lot of times, it’s hard to catch the rhythm. Our guys have a little bit of rhythm in this series, as Oklahoma City has a rhythm in the series. To be thrown out there – that’s why we have to be a little bit careful. Jeremy hasn’t played in a while. And not only has he not played, he hasn’t been able to shoot and do anything with any kind of contact for … a week or so or longer.

“We’ll bring him off the bench and see how much juice he has in the tank. It’s hard to enter a series when you haven’t played in a while, but we’re going to try to keep what we have going. Jeremy, we’ll try to fit him in there, see how he is and see how his arm feels. If he gets hit or anything happens.”

As much as he said he felt better physically, Lin said he was relieved after suffering through days in which he was unable to participate in practices or games. He struggled with the injury in Game 3, making 1 of 8 shots in 18 minutes, and has not played since. If nothing else, Lin said game-time would bring a rush of adrenaline, rather than a decision about whether he would be cleared to play.

“Once game-time comes around, I probably won’t feel anything,” Lin said. “It’s been the longest week, a really, really long week. Just the fact I get to play is a huge, huge burden off of my shoulders.”

Game Notes for tonight's game: http://www.nba.com/gamenotes/rockets.pdf

Last edited:
Could've sworn Delfino was in a boot late last night or early this morning. If he's not good to go, put Anderson, Throb or Jones out there and keep it moving.

Despite AB's poor shot selection at times, he defecates on Fisher. He gets by him with ease. Lin isn't slow but he just hasn't been effective to start the series.
I just like the way the team has played without him.

Could've sworn Delfino was in a boot late last night or early this morning. If he's not good to go, put Anderson, Throb or Jones out there and keep it moving.

True, heard on the radio this morning he was in a boot last night. But I have seen/heard of people being in a boot then playing the next day. Who knows

Despite AB's poor shot selection at times, he defecates on Fisher. He gets by him with ease. Lin isn't slow but he just hasn't been effective to start the series.
I just like the way the team has played without him.

Cosign, I still they Harden SHOULD NOT be bringing the ball up the court if not on a fast break.

Thank you Delfino for a great season, if this is his last as a rocket 
tired.gif

That dunk on Durant will always be remembered 
smokin.gif

Time for Anderson to shine 
devil.gif

Let's goooo RED NATION!!!!!!!!!

Proud of our team this year, this season has been INCREDIBLE!! From 20-win predictions to pushing the #1 seed in the playoffs.  Overachieved this season and looking forward to what we do this off season to make the youngest team in the NBA better...

Jason Friedman@JasonCFriedman 1m

Take this for what it's worth: OKC's 1st playoff run came as 8-seed against 1-seed LAL. Thunder lost in 6. HOU hoping future just as bright.

Last edited:
Beyond Proud of this team..You can tell we've gained so much from this 
pimp.gif

Sky's the limit for our Rockets fellas, no need to be down, our rise start today 
pimp.gif

Amazing season fellow Rockets fans, been fun rooting for our team and shaking the Thunder for a bit there 
laugh.gif

At least we're not LA, both teams had high expectations only to be disappointed in the first round 
smokin.gif

This team rocked it this year. 
pimp.gif

Come a long way from no nationally televised games 
laugh.gif

A few things:

Lin has to go. He's either too passive or too inaccurate. Our offense flows better with anyone other than him as long as they're willing to take shots. He slows EVERYTHING down.

I want Landry back. 

We need size.

fun team to watch when they were on offense. damn near pulled my hair out when they were on defense.

gimme Dwight and/or CP this summer and we can make real progress next season.

Lin's performance during the playoffs was poor but do you really think the Rockets would have made the playoffs if it was Bev/Brooks the entire season? There's a reason why Brooks was cut from multiple teams.

Back
Top Bottom