Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by shazulu

Just read this in an article...

In its announcement Sprint also extended a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.  Writes Sprint:

With the Sprint Free Guarantee, customers can take advantage of HTC EVO 4G for 30 days and if not completely satisfied, may return the device within 30 days to get reimbursed for the device purchase and activation fee, get both the early termination and restocking fees waived, and receive a full refund for the monthly service plan charges.

How nice of them.

Sprint REALLY trying to attract customers to the Evo 4G. Your move Apple.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

US sero users are going to get shafted I assume

how are you gonna say that, you are on a ridiculously cheap plan that is better than prepaid carriers
No I know that, that's not what I am saying. It just sucks because they require us to have some certain dollar amount plan now so we can't ever get cool phones

[h1]Sync your Windows Mobile 6.5 device with a Linux box[/h1]
0 comments »

Posted on Monday, May 17, 2010by Malatesta

Filed Under: News, How To;Tags:wm6.5, windows mobile 6.5, synchronize, sync, sycning, linux box, linux

Confession: we here at WMExperts, unfortunately, know jack about Linux, their distros (sounds like a fun party) nor how to really do anything in the OS.

Still, we imagine there are a handful of you who want (but can't) sync your trusty WM6.5 device with your favorite Linux OS. TrueFalse? We dunno.

Luckily Linux pro 'Feedsbrain' (ahem) has written a nice tutorial on how to just that.

Now to us, his directions are written in an alien language, but for your linux-experts out there, we're pretty sure this will make sense.

Now go read and let us know if this was remotely helpful!

"Synchronize Windows Mobile 6.5 and Linux Box"

My phone won't let me quote but someone said they're getting a mini hdmi (type c) but you actually need a MICRO hdmi (type d)

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

teehee I think i'm on my way to having that imagio on sprint
nerd.gif
Speak up, sir. Details needed
happy.gif
nerd.gif

I'm really starting to get mad at AT&T for living and dying with the Iphone, while all these other carriers are getting amazing devices while AT&T is stuck with the backflip or a $500+ phone with the nexus one.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Sequan

I'm really starting to get mad at AT&T for living and dying with the Iphone, while all these other carriers are getting amazing devices while AT&T is stuck with the backflip or a $500+ phone with the nexus one.
mad.gif
Hopefully this cheers you up
happy.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]AT&T Sales: Two New Android Phones by Summer - New iPhone [/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 17-May-10 | 0 Comments

attnewlogo.jpg

A pocketnow reader, Jim Carr, recently had a chat with an AT&T representative, who revealed that "very soon or this summer" AT&T will be getting two new Android phones. We're thinking that this could include the HTC Legend, since it recently passed the FCC. The rep also mentions that the carrier expects the new iPhone "by end of June". Here's the chat in full:

Ingrid: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Jim: Do you carry the HTC Pure new anymore? All I see is refurbished, there isn't even a page for the new device.

Ingrid: I will be happy to assist.

Ingrid: HTC is coming out with new phones pretty soon.

Jim: Will they be similar to the Pure?

Ingrid: Better since they will have Android technology .

Jim: Wow, that sounds great. Do you know if they will be touchscreen like the Pure, or have a keyboard ?

Ingrid: Touch screen.

Jim: When might I expect to be able to get one? I'm looking to buy soon, but I could wait a few weeks

Ingrid: Anytime now or summer.

Jim: Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up. I just did a quick web search, would this happen to be one of the devices? http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/att-htc-pc70110-is-the-android-touch-pro2

Ingrid: The Hero is one of them the second one we do not have official word yet.

Jim: Would it possibly be the Legend or the Desire? I'm a little confused about the Hero, since that's an older device, the Legend is basically the successor to it. So might they be the Legend and Desire?

Ingrid: Maybe if you type upcoming phones to AT&T you may get additional information.

Jim: So you cannot confirm if either the Legend or Desire are one of these devices?

Ingrid: Not yet since we do not have official Information, we are getting a new iPhone by June.

Jim: Just wondering do you know the date on that?

Ingrid: By the end of June.

Jim: Thanks

Jim: Have a great day

(via: SciencePro)

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Dell Streak to Hit AT&T Later This Summer[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 15-May-10 | 1 Comments

streak.jpg

The Dell Streak, first announced at CES, as a smaller Android tablet with a 5-inch screen and cellular radio for voice and data, is said to be coming to AT&T later this summer by Michael Dell

[h1]Dell Smoke Has Dreamy Form Factor[/h1]

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 21-Apr-10 | 6 Comments

dell2.jpg

This is by far my favorite device of the Dell smartphone leak. It sports a form factor that we've seen just a couple of times in smartphone history: front-facing QWERTY candybar with a touchscreen. The HTC Trophy held a lot of promise, but it looks like that is scrapped. So, more on the Smoke. It's running Android Froyo with a Qualcomm 800MHz CPU and 512MB of RAM. The screen is smallish (rightly so for this type of device) at just 2.8", and has a painfully low resolution of 320x240. This, too, has the proper bands for AT&T 3G (anyone see a theme, here?). It's very thin at 10.5mm. While it may look tall in the picture, it's actually as tall as the HD2, so it won't be massive. This one is likely to land Q2 2011.

dell3.jpg

[h1]First Comes Lightning, Now Here's Thunder: Dell Thunder[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 21-Apr-10 | 2 Comments

dell-thunder-04-gal.jpg

The Dell Thunder is like the Dell Lightning sans sliding QWERTY keyboard. It has a 4.1-inch WVGA OLED display, which sits right between the 4-inch Super AMOLED on the Galaxy S and the 4.3-inch EVO 4G. The Thunder uses Android and supports Flash 10.1 along with social networking support with some sort of Facebook and Twitter tie in. There will also be a Hulu app for making the best out of your free time now that Hulu over Skyfire doesn't quite work.

Dell's custom UI overlay on top of Android is called the Dell Stage and it will be included on the Thunder.

3G will be supported and an AT&T compatible version will also be out in the last quarter 2010. The exciting news is that there will be a 4G LTE version of the Thunder making noises at the end of 2011 if all goes according to plan.

dell-thunder-02-gal.jpg

dell-thunder-03-gal.jpg

dell-thunder-top-2.jpg

dell-thunder-05-gal.jpg

(via: Engadget)

[h4]Dell Flash to offer Android Froyo in a 'dramatic' package[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Apr 21st 2010 8:15PM

Breaking News

Exclusive

post_icon_photo.gif

If Dell's vision of a mainstream Android device for 2011 ends up materializing, we're not sure we even need a high end anymore. Okay, that's not true -- we'll obviously be power freaks to the bitter end -- but the so-called "Flash" that we've just caught wind of (no relation to the Adobe product of the same name, as far as we can tell) looks to be a lovely piece of kit. Dell plans to fashion this thing out of a slice of "curved glass," topping out at 11mm thick with a 3.5-inch WVGA LCD, 850 / 1900 / 2100MHz HSPA topping out at 14.4Mbps down and 5.6Mbps "or better" on the upstream, a 5 megapixel autofocus cam with image stabilization and smile / blink detection, 512MB of RAM and ROM with microSD expansion up to 64GB (Dell's clearly assuming there'll be 64GB microSD cards by next year), WiFi, TV-out, 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 3.0, and a Qualcomm MSM7230 core humming along at 800MHz.

As you might recall, the MSM7230 is part of Qualcomm's next generation lineup of midrange smartphone cores, a series that looks to bring Snapdragon-class performance to the masses with HD video out capability and -- hopefully, anyway -- the performance you'll need to make Flash 10.1 fly. Dell plans to load this bad boy with Android Froyo, presumably with the same kind of custom skin that it'll start pushing with the Streak series this year; we're seeing references to a so-called "Stage UI," and we think that's what it is. This one's mentioned for a first quarter '11 release on AT&T and globally, though it's not clear whether it'll be AT&T-branded or simply be offered as an unlocked device compatible with AT&T's 3G bands -- but either way, you can count us in. Don't change a thing, Dell.

A little far away but something to look forward too. And around fall AT&T will have some good HTC phones.

So all those homescreen pics we are seeing of these Dell phones is there overlapping 'Stage' UI, not Froyo?

Originally Posted by IYE2

WebOS seems like the most refined OS out there, but it's severely lacking in hardware selection. I have to think they'd be doing well if they were releasing new hardware (larger screen, no keyboard; Pixi w/ larger screen and high end internals) instead of slightly improved versions of the original. You can't be successful if you aren't on every carrier and offering hardware updates that reflect the market and address the complaints of your users. It seems like they've addressed some of the problems now that they're on 3/4 of the carriers and have the plus version of each phone, but I don't know that the hardware reflects the market. If HP can get WebOS on a 3.5-4" screen

Baby steps, I guess, but it's funny after they hyped themselves as an immediate competitor to the iPhone and went through all the trouble of making it sync with iTunes w/o third party software.

I'd have to think that they'd sell well with a large screen device, and in combination with Pre, Pixi, and Plus version sales, would create enough of a market to get developers to commit even more than they have.

My guess is that you'll miss certain features or the way things get done on your Pre (?), but you'll appreciate the hardware and the ability to customize rather than just skin your phone.

I have a lot of faith in HP and Palm together. I know if I do purchase the Evo (since Im a premier customer ill be eligible for another upgrade in a yr) that once HPalm comes out with updated hardware Ill come back. The hardware does get a bad wrap though - as far as internals go. The processor can be overclocked to 700mhz and the gpu is actually pretty good, its just the build that is shoddy. Just the general things about WebOS is what Id miss really. Synergy especially.
You can overclock to 800mhz now with uberkernel via preware

cliffnotes for the 4g please?

what's the most basic plan required to get the EVO 4g?
lowest voice minutes
unlimited text
data

i'm deciding whether to sign up for sprint or stay tmobile and get the mytouch slide

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

cliffnotes for the 4g please?

what's the most basic plan required to get the EVO 4g?
lowest voice minutes
unlimited text
data

i'm deciding whether to sign up for sprint or stay tmobile and get the mytouch slide

same here. right now i got like 300 mins w/ unlimited weekends, unlimited data plus 400 messages. and that totals like $75 a month.
and i don't know how sprint's coverage is in SF/bay area.

but if the rumors are true about the next sidekick i'll just wait to hop on that.

Does anybody know a sprint rep at a local store in LA that would hold one for me? I'll be porting a number from another carrier so I know there's an incentive for the rep right there.

Originally Posted by shazulu

Just read this in an article...

In its announcement Sprint also
extended a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.  Writes Sprint:

With
the Sprint Free Guarantee, customers can take advantage of HTC EVO
4G for 30 days and if not completely satisfied, may return the
device within 30 days to get reimbursed for the device purchase
and activation fee, get both the early termination and
restocking fees waived, and receive a full refund for the
monthly service plan charges.

How nice of them.

they've always had that here in Cali.

but the waving of all fees is about a month or 2 new. hopefully the rest of these companies follow

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

the 50 dollars you put down to pre-order the phone gets taking away from the final price?
Is this also ontop of the $100 credit for new customers? Bringing the phone to $50?

100 goes towards the phone bill from my understanding. gets applied for a certain amount of time until it gets all payed off.

Retail price of the phone is $499.99, some places might have it for $450

People are having a hard time understanding the price of the phone so read this:

New customers and 2 year eligible upgrade price is $199, if your going to a sprint store its $299 minus $100 mail in rebate (that takes forever to get back)

2 year eligible upgrade you get $150 off (disregard this at all times, just ask how much is upgrade price) upgrade price will always be the price you pay even after the $150 off
$150 off 2 year eligible always confuses customers, just give em the upgrade price and thats it

1 year eligible upgrade you get $75 off retail price of the phone which is $450 or $500 depending where you go.

So dont think youll get $150 off the $299 price or even the $199 price, NO. Phone wont cost you any less then $199 anywhere.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Retail price of the phone is $499.99, some places might have it for $450

People are having a hard time understanding the price of the phone so read this:

New customers and 2 year eligible upgrade price is $199, if your going to a sprint store its $299 minus $100 mail in rebate (that takes forever to get back)

2 year eligible upgrade you get $150 off (disregard this at all times, just ask how much is upgrade price) upgrade price will always be the price you pay even after the $150 off
$150 off 2 year eligible always confuses customers, just give em the upgrade price and thats it

1 year eligible upgrade you get $75 off retail price of the phone which is $450 or $500 depending where you go.

So dont think youll get $150 off the $299 price or even the $199 price, NO. Phone wont cost you any less then $199 anywhere.
if i go to radio shack do they only charge 199.99 ? no mail in rebate?

Sorry I haven't used android since it first fgame out so this question might be stupid,...but is android a good multitasking OS? I;m getting this EVO some i'm just trying to learn some more while i'm waiting.

^^ Dude said that he compared its speed with the pre and it beat it out while on 3G and the pre was on wifi
eek.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Windows Phone 7 Apps Can Still Work in the Background[/h1]

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 18-May-10 | 8 Comments

programs.jpg

It's been a bit confusing about what kind of multi-tasking scenarios are really going to be possible with Windows Phone 7. Some say it won't be able to multi-task at all, while sometimes you can get the emulator to multitask. Doug Boling has a good blog post detailing how exactly Windows Phone 7's multi-threaded multi-tasking operating system may work.

The Windows Phone team made waves when the platform was introduced by indicating that, at least initially, Window Phone would not multitask 3rd party applications. The answer sounded pretty absolute. The actual implementation isn’t.

This isn’t the place for a treatise on multithreaded managed applications. But briefly, very briefly, Windows Phone applications can be multithreaded. The main thread of the application calls the appropriate methods to create the main application form and is the “user interface thread

[h2][/h2]
[h2]WP7 Mondrian ROM Findings[/h2]
May 18th, 2010 | Author: l3v5y

I’ve been digging in the HTC Mondrian ROM that was posted not too long ago on XDA-Developers, and have a few findings so far. What is below is a mixture of speculation, things from the ROM, and things I’ve been told may be in the OS.

Each application has a few manifest XMLs, these describe what the application is, what permissions it has, and things like the Start Menu icon and text to display in the Start Menu.

One of the more interesting permissions I found was
AuthorizationIds=

Back
Top Bottom