Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

man its almost time to get rid of this og samsung instinct
sick.gif

and yo reice u dropped the tmobile joint already?

Nah hopefully i could sell this G1  for like $50 within the next couple weeks
You know u could sell a G1 for wayyy more than that on Ebay especially if its unlocked
how much u think ? it's rooted also and it has no scratches on the screen
Almost like $120... a lot of people still like the G1 because of its superior keyboard and overall its a great phone. Plus still has alot of ROM's out there for it.

the 50 dollars you put down to pre-order the phone gets taking away from the final price?

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

the 50 dollars you put down to pre-order the phone gets taking away from the final price?
Is this also ontop of the $100 credit for new customers? Bringing the phone to $50?

I have all my music on my iPod Nano...

Am I on the right track with this?

Transferring music from iPod/iPhone/iPod Touch to Android Phone

Use Sharepod software first to extract the music files from my iPod Nano.

Put them in a folder.

Use DoubleTwist software to arrange them in my Android phone in an easy to use iTunes-like manner

Is that about right?

I don't have an Android phone yet, that's why I'm asking...

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Is this also ontop of the $100 credit for new customers? Bringing the phone to $50?
I have yet to see this $100 credit actually confirmed...I still say Radio Shack has the best deal for new customers, because the phone is $199 w/o rebates plus you get the $20 credit towards accessories (not much but still it's something)

I really just want to try the phone out, more concerned about the size of the Evo than anything else...if it's uncomfortable to carry around then I'll just stick to my BB.

That true but I still need to know if the 50 dollar deposite to pre-orders the Evo will be deducted from the overall price making it 150 in the end?

Man Im all set to upgrade with the Evo but going from WebOS to Android seems like a step down to me. Im not real familiar with android though.
WebOS seems like the most refined OS out there, but it's severely lacking in hardware selection.  I have to think they'd be doing well if they were releasing new hardware (larger screen, no keyboard; Pixi w/ larger screen and high end internals) instead of slightly improved versions of the original.  You can't be successful if you aren't on every carrier and offering hardware updates that reflect the market and address the complaints of your users.  It seems like they've addressed some of the problems now that they're on 3/4 of the carriers and have the plus version of each phone, but I don't know that the hardware reflects the market.  If HP can get WebOS on a 3.5-4" screen
eek.gif

Baby steps, I guess, but it's funny after they hyped themselves as an immediate competitor to the iPhone and went through all the trouble of making it sync with iTunes w/o third party software.

I'd have to think that they'd sell well with a large screen device, and in combination with Pre, Pixi, and Plus version sales, would create enough of a market to get developers to commit even more than they have.

My guess is that you'll miss certain features or the way things get done on your Pre (?), but you'll appreciate the hardware and the ability to customize rather than just skin your phone.

I going to buy this phone very soon..(HD2)
Are you familiar with Windows Mobile?  Why the HD2 instead of a Nexus One?

LIVE BOY D
I can't see any of the pictures because it seems that they require membership to view them.

Here's the current layout of my phone (Touch Pro 2 running stock Sprint Windows Mobile 6.5 and SPB's Mobile Shell).  I have one blank screen all the way to the left.  The center screen is the main page:

20a359725444636a3c217b4b06fe8909ff33a1f.jpg

1ee352115d0c676432f57be709e4f1adde55c23.jpg

94c159596a30730c9f66dd2a23f2916f3bd1c02.jpg

bee350dc5c9c699f3d9f77610c2e8f7f202a66b.jpg

01735c905f316bb3391f781109006eefdd91618.jpg

This image just shows the uninitiated how the screen slides between pages:

eb0154596e357d028dd52e09d08a200e091e2ea.jpg

That true but I still need to know if the 50 dollar deposite to pre-orders the Evo will be deducted from the overall price making it 150 in the end?

"pre order" $$ is always applied to the price

Think of it like gamestop, you put $5 down on a game and when you go pick it up on the RD they adjust the price you have to pay to reflect it

I just tried the updated Bing for navigation and it is
pimp.gif
. Voice navigation is great and the re-routing is quicker than I expected. Definitely a serviceable replacement for your PNA and better than Google Maps. The only thing I give Google Maps over Bing is the map quality but again, nothing beats voice navigation.

I dont think a day goes by where I dont end up appreciating my HD2 a little bit more.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

I just tried the updated Bing for navigation and it is
pimp.gif
. Voice navigation is great and the re-routing is quicker than I expected. Definitely a serviceable replacement for your PNA and better than Google Maps. The only thing I give Google Maps over Bing is the map quality but again, nothing beats voice navigation.

I dont think a day goes by where I dont end up appreciating my HD2 a little bit more.
Yea, I'm not really feelin the new Bing layout, it makes searching a lot more complicated. I guess I can get use to it but it's a slow process.

I got a nasty hook-up today...

25% off the price of my Sprint Plan for the life of the contract...

With insurance I'm going to be paying like $66 a month, I'm going to call up Sprint and have them take off that $10 surcharge for 4G data.

Hey it's preman2be913 from precentral and I am new to android central as well as the android community. I currently own a Pre and although I love web os, we all know how horrible the hardware is. Now with that said, I along with a bunch of precentral members are hopping on board and are excited as you all are for the highly anticipated Sprint HTC EVO 4g to be released June 4th. I know most of us want to make sure we can get one or several the day of launch so have I got a treat for you. I can understand most of you are skeptical but let me just tell you this I am personal friends with the floor manager David Lucas, who also happens to be the EVO advocate of the largest sprint super store in South Florida. When the Pre was released most of us had to wait til the 6th, however the night before David invited me and a bunch of precentral members on the 5th and we were able to purchase it that same night. Not only is David extending that same invitation to me but he is also giving anyone I refer a chance to be added to his VIP list TODAY by calling him personally or visiting him to reserve your EVO. David will be glad to set up your account whether you are a new Sprint customer or a previous customer, and handles corporate accounts as well. He has been taking care of me for years and will be glad to take care of any of you.

ENJOY THE PICS!!!

Here is his contact info:

David Lucas
12206 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
PH # 305-360-6588

David is offering the following promotions:

1) UP TO 25% off of your bill every month for the life of your sprint contract!

2) 25% off of ANY accessory for your EVO or any other phone!

3) No Activation fees.

4) Possibly buyback Credit for old phone no matter what company it is for.

Make sure to mention that Brian referred you so he can add you to the VIP list NOW!!!

http://androidforums.com/...layed-evo-took-pics.html

Just got back from my local sprint store and I got my name put on the list. I guess I will see how this goes down on the 4th
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Just got back from my local sprint store and I got my name put on the list. I guess I will see how this goes down on the 4th
nerd.gif

Why didn't you just to to RadioShack or Best Buy?

WebOS seems like the most refined OS out there, but it's severely lacking in hardware selection. I have to think they'd be doing well if they were releasing new hardware (larger screen, no keyboard; Pixi w/ larger screen and high end internals) instead of slightly improved versions of the original. You can't be successful if you aren't on every carrier and offering hardware updates that reflect the market and address the complaints of your users. It seems like they've addressed some of the problems now that they're on 3/4 of the carriers and have the plus version of each phone, but I don't know that the hardware reflects the market. If HP can get WebOS on a 3.5-4" screen

Baby steps, I guess, but it's funny after they hyped themselves as an immediate competitor to the iPhone and went through all the trouble of making it sync with iTunes w/o third party software.

I'd have to think that they'd sell well with a large screen device, and in combination with Pre, Pixi, and Plus version sales, would create enough of a market to get developers to commit even more than they have.

My guess is that you'll miss certain features or the way things get done on your Pre (?), but you'll appreciate the hardware and the ability to customize rather than just skin your phone.

I have a lot of faith in HP and Palm together. I know if I do purchase the Evo (since Im a premier customer ill be eligible for another upgrade in a yr) that once HPalm comes out with updated hardware Ill come back. The hardware does get a bad wrap though - as far as internals go. The processor can be overclocked to 700mhz and the gpu is actually pretty good, its just the build that is shoddy. Just the general things about WebOS is what Id miss really. Synergy especially.

Just read this in an article...

In its announcement Sprint also extended a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.  Writes Sprint:

With the Sprint Free Guarantee, customers can take advantage of HTC EVO 4G for 30 days and if not completely satisfied, may return the device within 30 days to get reimbursed for the device purchase and activation fee, get both the early termination and restocking fees waived, and receive a full refund for the monthly service plan charges.

How nice of them.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Is This the HTC Mondrian?[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 17-May-10 | 16 Comments

mondrian4.jpg

The HTC Mondrian's Windows Phone 7 ROM was leaked recently on XDA. A tipster just sent us what appears to be a concept rendering for the HTC Mondrian. We're not sure if this is real, especially since it deviates quite a bit from the OEMAvatar image file, shown below (although clearly the OEMAvatar image is just an HTC Blackstone with different buttons):

mondrian3.jpg

Also a bit suspicious is that the accompanying specs that the tipster sent differ from what XDA has seen references to. Specifically:

Size: 116.7 x 58.7 x 11.9 mm
Display: 3.7" WVGA AMOLED capacitive touch screen
Camera: 8MP with auto focus with camera flash with High definition 720p video capture Internal memory: 16 GB flash, 512 MB RAM
Chipset: Qualcomm QSD8672, 1.5GHz

At XDA, they're seeing references to a 4.3" display and a Qualcomm QSD8650A/B 1.3GHz CPU.

We're waiting for more information from our tipster to help addresses some of these issues. Until then - do you think this is the Mondrian?

[h1]Meet the New HTC Wildfire[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 17-May-10 | 7 Comments

wildfire1.jpg

Today HTC announced the Wildfire, essentially a budget-friendly Android device that isn't too dissimilar from the HTC Legend beyond the screen resolution and hardware appearance. Running on Android 2.1, it has an QVGA (yuck!) 3.2" display. It has 384MB of RAM, 512MB of ROM, and a Qualcomm 528MHz CPU. It has a 5MP camera with flash on the rear, and behind the back battery cover is a 1300mAh battery. Also like the Legend, it has a bit of a chin. One cool addition is that the device will come with a widget that will make it easy to recommend an application to a friend. It also has deeper integration with social networks so that when you call someone, for example, you'll see the person's Facebook profile. The Wildfire will be selling in Europe and Asia in Q3 of this year, and will come in several colors like red, white, gray, and silver.

wildfire2.jpg

Overall, we're underwhelmed by the Wildfire, but it's not supposed to represent the latest and greatest in hardware and software innovation. It's a device to make Android accessible to more people, and it's likely to succeed at that.

budget.jpg

wildfire3.jpg

Image from Engadget.

Back
Top Bottom