Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by solefood229

Is the mytouch3g running andriod also?

I'm happy with my g1 I'll probably keep til my upgrade comes in nov. And just keep flashing new roms on it

I can't wait til a better hero rom comes out
pimp.gif

Wait is the mytouch the g2?
Yes it is running the Android OS but from what I have heard it is not the G2, which will have a physical keyboard.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

How
pimp.gif
will the flash make my TouchPRO?

1. What are the benefits of flashing a new rom?
Flashing a New Rom basically gets rid of all the bloatware thats included on Stock Roms and Flashes a Clean, Optimized, Fully loaded Rom that will squeeze every ounce of speed and stability from your phone. Chefs usually include all the programs you are ever likely to need and because the Rom has been cleaned out you are left with more memory to play around with.
You can also create your own ROMs using a kitchen

^^^ Do you think its worth Flashing the my touch 3g joint to the hero roms? I been researching how to do it but Im not sure if i wanna mess with that. In youropinion is it an easy process. and how are Htc phones with Macs? cause i know most of them run Windows mobile

Originally Posted by solefood229

Is the mytouch3g running andriod also?

I'm happy with my g1 I'll probably keep til my upgrade comes in nov. And just keep flashing new roms on it

I can't wait til a better hero rom comes out
pimp.gif

Wait is the mytouch the g2?

Well not exactly. Its the next gen T-Mobile Android device but it hasnt been named the G2

Hollakid u played with the my touch how is over all? and do u think its worth flashing to the hero Rom. I wanna cop it and Im coming from an Iphone so i needsomething thats gonna be a smooth transistion

The MyTouch is really new to me, but you should be able to put the Hero ROM on it as which can be done with the G1. I have no actual experience flashing the G1but for my Tilt, since it was my first time doing it. I didn't separate the two files from the .cab so it didn't flash, but I eventually figured itout. But it is easy now. The Hero ROM seems really dope, I would get it. I'm thinking about putting the Android on my Tilt.
I'm sure you can use it with a MAC, for the WN ones, you just need active sync.

looking to get the hero that white like fresh more then likely we will get the black
smh.gif

The HTC touch pro2 is comming out august 12th now??

slight bummer but oh well, I have a couple questions about it

does it have flash? and how is the media player on it?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

It makes it a lot better to have a data plan. While I was away at school I took my data plan off. But I currently have unlimited text and internet for $30 on AT&T.
But even with out the data plan, I don't know all that much when it comes to BB's but I feel that you can do more with the TP.
yeah it does, but right now, theres like a smartphone hype, since he cant get a data plan, he wants wifi
Yea, if he wants it and can get it, he should. I managed w/o a data plan just fine.

Originally Posted by lalalindaaa

Good @+%* stefan.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Thank you my friend. Did you get the upgrade for Skyfire? Just got mine last night
pimp.gif

Has anyone use Opera Mobile 9.7 and/or Fennec Fox?

Naw..my phone's too laggy. I might sell my Dash and get an iPhone. yay or nay? Advantage: it's $20.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

looking to get the hero that white like fresh more then likely we will get the black
smh.gif
Maybe, maybe not. I know they are released them in multiple colors, hopefully the US will get most of them. But the white does look really clean.

Originally Posted by Jayizill21

will the windows mobile 6.5 rom flashed to my att tilt void my warranty?

It most likely will, you can get the stock rom off of xda-developers. Let me know if you need it

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

The HTC touch pro2 is comming out august 12th now??

slight bummer but oh well, I have a couple questions about it

does it have flash? and how is the media player on it?
It will not come with flash. The media player will be HTC Audio Player, it's much better than the Windows Media Player which was being used.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

i thought the 1st phone with flash was going to be the hero
nerd.gif

Yes it will be.

Originally Posted by JRose5

When is the Touch Pro 2 coming out for Sprint?

JR5
The original release date was for mid-June but due to the Pre and other issues. There hasn't been said about it but I think maybe mid-July orin August.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

It makes it a lot better to have a data plan. While I was away at school I took my data plan off. But I currently have unlimited text and internet for $30 on AT&T.
But even with out the data plan, I don't know all that much when it comes to BB's but I feel that you can do more with the TP.
yeah it does, but right now, theres like a smartphone hype, since he cant get a data plan, he wants wifi
Yea, if he wants it and can get it, he should. I managed w/o a data plan just fine.

Good @+%* stefan.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Thank you my friend. Did you get the upgrade for Skyfire? Just got mine last night
pimp.gif

Has anyone use Opera Mobile 9.7 and/or Fennec Fox?

Naw..my phone's too laggy. I might sell my Dash and get an iPhone. yay or nay? Advantage: it's $20.
pimp.gif
The new version of the Dash doesn't look bad at all. But $20 is a good deal, especially if it is good condition too. Will you be getting anunlocked iPhone, also which generation?

[h2]http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009...alls-of-fcc-comes-out-with-stamp-of-approval/[/h2]
[h2]HTC Hero passes through halls of FCC, comes out with stamp of approval[/h2]
Posted by Marc Flores on Jul 2, 2009 5:06 pm 22 comments Filed in Android, HSDPA, HTC, Handsets, News

Right now at BGR headquarters, one of the phones on our "want list" is definitely the HTC Hero - especially after checking out all that delicious HTC Sense UI goodness. After getting some of that typical Europeans-get-it-first jealousy out of the way, we were happy to hear the device is headed stateside later this year but the question remained… Which carriers would be scoring this bad boy? The government body partly responsible for making or breaking our gadget dreams, the FCC, has given the HTC Hero its stamp of approval for North America and the related filings indeed tout WCDMA 850/1900. Woo! Is the Hero AT&T-bound? Is it headed to Rogers? Maybe both? Hopefully we'll find out soon but at least AT&T and Rogers subscribers now know to hold off on the imports since some 3G love is definitely headed our way.

Banner_HTC_Hero.jpg
Icon_Use_Scenes.jpg

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
Make it Mine
With HTC Hero, personalization reaches a level never before possible. Rather than burying important content under layers of menus, the HTC Hero lets you put it at glance view, with a selection of widgets that can be placed right on the home screen. The widgets themselves can be personalized with a variety of designs and sizes that best match your personality.

With Scenes, a new profile feature, HTC Hero becomes multiple phones in one. Create and switch between Scenes that reflect different moments in your life. Your Hero becomes a weekend phone that helps you relax with your choice of tunes, catch up with your favorite friends and capture some memories with HTC Footprints[emoji]8482[/emoji]. And when you go on a trip, your phone becomes your personal guide and gives you instant access to local time, weather and maps.
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stay Close
Today, staying in touch with the people in your life means managing a variety of communication channels and applications ranging from phone calls and emails to Facebook updates. HTC Hero makes staying close as simple as turning to your friend and saying hello. When you view people, you see the different ways to get in touch, you also see all your interactions like emails sent to your personal and work accounts. You can even check for social network updates and event notices as well as see the latest pictures your friends uploaded to popular photo sharing sites.[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Discover the Unexpected
Many of the most memorable moments in your life are experienced, not explained. Even basic functions like the dialer will pleasantly surprise you on the HTC Hero. You can find a person by dialing their phone number or simply by dialing the first few letters of their name.

With HTC Hero, you can look at things through different perspectives. Your inbox is not just a list of emails, but a catalog of conversations, a collection of notes flagged as important, and a document library of all your emails with attachments. Your Album is not just the photos saved on your phone. It is also a gateway to online collections of you and your friends on Facebook or Flickr.

Search just about anything, anywhere on your HTC Hero. The dedicated Search button combs through tweets in Twitter[emoji]8482[/emoji], locates people in your contact list, finds emails in your inbox, searches through appointments in the calendar and very nearly finds needles in haystacks.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

If it comes to AT&T, that is gonna be really hard for me. TP2 or Hero hmmmm

Having a physical QWERTY keyboard > Any touch screen keyboard

Yea it's not something I really have to think about. It's only a matter of time until someone makes an Android OS for the TP2

Has anyone made their ROM before, I saw this and I would imagine it would be a similar process for my phone.

What are the differences between the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2?

JR5

Originally Posted by Jayizill21

will the windows mobile 6.5 rom flashed to my att tilt void my warranty?

It most likely will, you can get the stock rom off of xda-developers. Let me know if you need it

so the stock rom will not void my warranty..if so ill take it

How are you going to flash roms on the mytouch or the hero without a physical keyboard?

That one of the main reason I'm scared to get a phone without a keyboard

On the TP2, the touchflo 3D is smoother and also works in landscape mode and it also has some new additions such as the stock feature. The keyboard is a lotbetter, the keys on the TP were crammed together. With the TP2, you also get an automatic Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrade. The screen also tilts too and has noisecancellation.

Here is the AT&T ROM http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=335568

The keyboard has no purpose during the flashing process, there are phones such as the Diamond and Touch HD that have no physical keyboard. All the times I haveflashed my phone, I have never used my keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom